- William Vere Reeve King-Fane
William Vere Reeve Fane born in 1868 in to the prominent Fane family of Fulbeck Hall, Lincolnshire, the eldest son of William Dashwood Fane and the Hon. Susan Reeve. Susan Reeve was the daughter General John Reeve of Leadenham and his wife Lady Susan Sherard eldest daughter Philip 5th Earl of Harborough of Stapleford Park. William Dashwood Fane was the son of Willam Fane of Calcutta and Cape Town and grandson of the Hon Henry Fane (politician) of Fulbeck Hall.
Fane was a lawyer who volunteered for service in the Boer War in South Africa where the family farmed, and was a deputy lieutenant of Lincolnshire before becoming High Sheriff of Lincolnshire in 1908. He was a Colonel in the Lincolnshire Regiment and in 1920 he changed his surname by Royal Licence to King-Fane on inheriting the Ashby Hall estate in Ashby de la Launde.
On 16 May 1895 he married Helen Newman of Mamhead daughter of Thomas Holdsworth Newman and Elizabeth Smith. Thomas Holdsworth Newman was younger son of Sir Robert William Newman, 1st Baronet Conservative MP for Exeter and Elizabeth Smith was herself daughter of the banker Martin Tucker Smith Tory MP son of John Smith (Wendover MP) and grandson of Abel Smith (1717–1788) Tory MP of Smith's Bank , they had four children:
- Captain Henry William Newman Fane OBE(6 February 1897 – 23 May 1976) High Sheriff of Lincolnshire of Fulbeck Hall married to Dorothy Mary Findlay, daughter of Alexander Ogilvy Findlay, on 14 December 1946
- Lt-Cmdr RN. Francis Christopher Fane of Fulbeck Manor(9 June 1900 – 17 June 1947 lost at sea) married to Joyce Patricia Hancock, daughter of Reverend William Hugh Munely Hancock, on 11 August 1931. Francis Christopher Fane's daughter Susan Cicely married Lieutenant-Colonel John Lindley Marmion Dymoke of Scrivelsby Court the present Queen's Champion.
- Lt-Cmdr RNVR Charles William Fane (2 February 1904 – 15 March 1976) married to Pauline Margaret Blackie, daughter of the Rt. Rev. Ernest Blackie on 15 September 1931. Charles William Fane's daughter Angela Pauline Fane married Lt-Cmdr RN Kenneth Patrick Bruce-Gardyne, of Nettlebed House, Droxford Hampshire, son of Captain Evan Bruce-Gardyne
- Elizabeth Christine Fane (6 April 1906 – 30 May 1997) married to Colonel Jeffrey Maurice Lambert, son of Colonel Joseph Alexander Lambert, on 13 October 1931
William Vere Reeve King-Fane OBE lived at Fulbeck Hall and he died in 1943 in Lincoln. He was succeeded at Fulbeck Hall by his eldest son Henry William Newman Fane OBE High Sheriff of Lincolnshire. His second son Lt-Cmdr RN. Francis Christopher Fane inherited Fulbeck Manor and his third son Lt-Cmdr RNVR Charles William Fane is thought to have inherited the estate at Ashby De la Launde. The farm in South Africa was sold before the outbreak of the second world war.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.