- College Football Data Warehouse
College Football Data Warehouse is an American college football statistics website. The site has compiled the yearly team records, game-by-game results, championships, and statistics of college football teams, conferences, and head coaches at the NCAA Division I FBS and Division I FCS levels, as well as those of some Division II, NCAA Division III, NAIA, NJCAA, and discontinued programs. College Football Data Warehouse was established in 2000. The site lists as its references annual editions of Spalding's Official Football Guide, Street and Smith's Football Yearbooks, NCAA, NAIA, and NJCAA record books and guides, and historical college football texts.
College Football Data Warehouse is administered by Tex Noel and David DeLassus. Noel (which is a nom de plume) of Bedford, Indiana is the executive director of Intercollegiate Football Researchers Association, a college football historian, statistician, and author.
The website has been cited as a source by The New York Sun, The Fort Worth Star-Telegram, The Columbus Ledger-Enquirer, The State, and The Lawrentian. It has also been widely cited in historical college football books, and in scholarly journals such as the Journal of Sports Economics, the Utah Law Review, the Tulsa Law Review, the Oklahoma Law Review, and Sports Law.
- ^ a b College Football Data Warehouse, retrieved August 19, 2010.
- ^ Reference Materials, College Football Data Warehouse, retrieved August 19, 2010.
- ^ Noel overcomes ailments, pens college football book, Times-Mail, December 26, 2007.
- ^ WTA&M celebrates 50 years of football, Canyon News, October 1, 2009.
- ^ Week 5: Does time of possession matter?, ESPN, September 29, 2006.
- ^ College Football's Greatest Rivalry Adds a New Chapter, The New York Sun, October 13, 2005.
- ^ Football faves South Bend or College Station? Namath or McMahon? Lombardi or Parcells? What and who are the best in the world of football? Here are one man's offerings, The Star Telegram, September 5, 2004.
- ^ Story behind Tide’s claim of 12, Went from six to a dozen in one year, The Ledger-Enquirer, January 7, 2010.
- ^ LOOKS FOR POSITIVES, The State, November 8, 2003.
- ^ Sports trivia, The Lawrentian, January 22, 2010.
- ^ Rock Solid: Southern Miss Football, p. 261, University Press of Mississippi, 2004, ISBN 157806709X.
- ^ University of North Carolina Football, p. 6, Arcadia Publishing, 2006, ISBN 0738542881.
- ^ Internet Marketing: Foundations and Applications, p. 200, Houghton Mifflin, 2004, ISBN 0618150439.
- ^ Frantic Francis: How One Coach's Madness Changed Football, p. 448, University of Nebraska Press, 2009, ISBN 080321894X.
- ^ The Worst of Sports: Chumps, Cheats, and Chokers from the Games We Love, Random House, Inc., 2007, ISBN 0345502272.
- ^ About Them Dawgs!: Georgia Football's Memorable Teams and Players, p. 334, Rowman & Littlefield, 2008, ISBN 0810860406.
- ^ The Chosen: The Hidden History of Admission and Exclusion at Harvard, Yale, and Princeton, p. 563, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, 2006, ISBN 061877355X.
- ^ Border Wars: The First Fifty Years of Atlantic Coast Conference Football, p. 385, Scarecrow Press, 2004, ISBN 0810848392.
- ^ Daniel I. Rees and Kevin T. Schnepel, College Football Games and Crime, Journal of Sports Economics, vol. 10, no. 1, 68-87, February 2009.
- ^ Parker Allred, FROM THE BCS TO THE BS: WHY "CHAMPIONSHIP" MUST BE REMOVED FROM THE BOWL CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES, Utah Law Review, Vol. 1, 2010.
- ^ Jasen R. Corns Pigskin Paydirt: The Thriving of College Football's Bowl Championship Series in Face of Antitrust Law, Tulsa Law Review, p. 167, 2003–2004.
- ^ Jodi M. Warmbrod, Antitrust in Amateur Athletics: Fourth and Long: Why Non-BCS Universities Should Punt Rather Than Go For An Antitrust Challenge to the Bowl Championship Series, Oklahoma Law Review, p. 333, 2004.
- ^ Jude Schmit, A Fresh Set of Downs? Why Recent Modifications to the Bowl Championship Series Still Draw a Flag Under the Sherman Act, Sports Law, p. 219, 2007.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
College football on television — includes the broadcasting of college football games, as well as pre and post game reports, analysis, and human interest stories. Within the United States, the college version of American football annually garners high television ratings. College… … Wikipedia
College football national championships in NCAA Division I FBS — National championships in NCAA Division I FBS Current System BCS (since 1998) National Championship Trophies AFCA (since 1986), AP (since 1936), MacArthur (since 1959), Grantland Rice (since 1954) Longest Continuous Selector … Wikipedia
College football — This article is about college (American) football played in the United States. For other uses, see College football (disambiguation). NCAA football redirects here. For the video game series, see NCAA Football series. For the current season of… … Wikipedia
Fred Johnson (college football) — College coach infobox Name = Frederick Fred Johnson DateOfBirth = Birthplace = DateOfDeath = Sport = Football College = South Dakota State University, Central Michigan Title = Head coach CurrentRecord = OverallRecord = 5 6 0 Awards =… … Wikipedia
College of Emporia Fighting Presbies football — College of Emporia Fighting Presbies University College of Emporia Conference(s) Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conference NAIA … Wikipedia
Larry Smith (football) — College coach infobox Name = Larry Smith Caption = DateOfBirth = birth date|1939|9|12 Birthplace = Van Wert, Ohio DateOfDeath = death date and age|2008|1|28|1939|9|12 Deathplace = Tucson, Arizona Sport = American football College = Title = Head… … Wikipedia
Bob Higgins (American football) — College coach infobox Name = Robert A. Higgins ImageWidth = 180 Caption = Bob Higgins DateOfBirth = November 24, 1894 Birthplace = Corning, New York, US DateOfDeath = death date and age|1969|06|6|1894|11|24 Deathplace = State College, PA, US… … Wikipedia
Bill Davis (football coach) — College coach infobox Name = William R. Bill Davis Caption = DateOfBirth = Birthplace = Union, South Carolina DateOfDeath = Death date|2002|03|17 Sport = College football College = Tennessee State University Title = CurrentRecord = OverallRecord … Wikipedia
Larry Kramer (football coach) — College coach infobox Name = Larry Kramer | Caption = DateOfBirth = Birthplace = DateOfDeath = Sport = College football College = Emporia State University Title = CurrentRecord = OverallRecord = 74 71 0 Awards = CFbDWID = 4023 Player = yes Years … Wikipedia
Joseph McCormick (football coach) — College coach infobox Name = Joseph McCormick Caption = DateOfBirth = Birthplace = DateOfDeath = Sport = College football College = Dickinson College Title = CurrentRecord = OverallRecord = 10 16 6 Awards = CFbDWID = Player = Years = Team =… … Wikipedia