- Dirt 3
Dirt 3 Developer(s) Codemasters Southam Publisher(s) Codemasters Distributor(s) Series Colin McRae Rally Engine EGO 2.0 Version 1.2 Platform(s) Microsoft Windows
- JP 25 August 2011
Genre(s) Racing Mode(s) Single-player, Multiplayer Rating(s) Media/distribution Optical disc, Download System requirements
- Windows Vista or Windows 7
- AMD Phenom II / Intel Core i7
- 3 GB RAM
- 15 GB Hard Drive Space
- Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6000 Series
- DirectX Compatible Sound Card
- DirectX 11
- Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7
- AMD Athlon 64 X2 2.8 GHz / Intel Pentium D 2.8 GHz
- 2 GB RAM
- 15 GB Hard Drive Space
- Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 2000 Series 256 MB / NVIDIA GeForce 8000 Series 256 MB
- DirectX Compatible Sound Card
- DirectX 9
Dirt 3 (stylised DiRT 3) is a rallying video game and the third in the Dirt series of the Colin McRae Rally series, developed and published by Codemasters. However, the "Colin McRae" tag has been completely removed from this iteration (having previously been removed from only American versions of previous games in the series). The game was released in Europe and North America on the 24 May 2011, and two days later in Australia for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. The Japanese version of Dirt 3 was released on 25 August 2011. In September 2011, there were reports that a network security problem on the website of an AMD promo had resulted in the loss of 3 million Dirt 3 keys to the public for use via the Steam platform that have then been posted in various places around the internet.
The main mode sees players earn reputation points in various events to gain the interest of sponsors who provide them with new vehicles. Flashbacks return from Dirt 2, which can be used up to five times in any difficulty, but cost reputation points to use. A new gymkhana mode puts players in obstacle courses, challenging them to perform various tricks to earn points. Featured in the game are various party modes, involving events such as smashing wooden targets, spreading a zombie infection, and capture the flag. Other new features include a Hardcore mode which limits players to the cockpit view with no assists, the appearance of rain and snow, and the ability to upload replay clips directly to YouTube.
IGN gave the game a score of 8.5 and an Editor's Choice award, praising the gameplay and online functionality while criticising some of the design choices. GameTrailers gave the game a score of 9.2, praising the gameplay and presentation, although criticising the limits of the YouTube functionality. GamesRadar gave the game a score of 9/10, praising its impeccable gameplay though noting slightly lower structure presentation compared to the previous game. Official Xbox Magazine gave the game a score of 8.5/10, hailing its impressive car design and smooth handling, while criticising the lack of dynamism in the surfaces and poor social features.
- ^ "Codemasters: Taking aim | Game development | Features by Develop". Develop-online.net. 2010-07-23. http://www.develop-online.net/features/930/Codemasters-Taking-aim. Retrieved 2011-02-01.
- ^ Wesley Yin-Poole (2010-12-16). "DiRT 3 release date announced News - Page 1". Eurogamer.net. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-02-04-dirt-3-release-date-announced. Retrieved 2011-02-04.
- ^ Ivan, Tom (2010-03-12). "Dirt 3 Confirmed | Edge Magazine". Edge-online.com. http://www.next-gen.biz/news/dirt-3-confirmed. Retrieved 2011-02-01.
- ^ http://www.4gamer.net/games/117/G011710/
- ^ http://www.4gamer.net/games/117/G011712/
- ^ http://www.4gamer.net/games/117/G011711/
- ^ http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-09-06-3-million-digital-dirt-3-copies-robbed
- ^ http://www.vg247.com/2011/09/06/rumour-3-million-dirt-3-steam-keys-leaked-online/
- ^ Joao Diniz Sanches (2010-11-17). "eurogamer.net". eurogamer.net. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-11-17-dirt-3-preview. Retrieved 2011-04-28.
- ^ Dirt 3 Review - Xbox 360 Review at IGN
- ^ DiRT 3 Video Game, Review | Video Clip | Game Trailers & Videos | GameTrailers.com
- ^ DiRT 3: Super Review, DiRT 3 Review, Xbox 360 Reviews | Games Radar.com
- ^ Dirt 3 | OXM ONLINE
EGO Engine games Colin McRae series Formula One seriesF1 2009 · F1 2010 · F1 2011 Operation Flashpoint series Race Driver seriesRace Driver: Grid · Race Driver: Grid 2
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Dirt 3 — Разработчик Codemasters Southam Издатель Codemasters Часть серии Colin McRae Rally Дата выпуска … Википедия
Dirt 3 — Éditeur Codemasters Southam … Wikipédia en Français
dirt — S3 [də:t US də:rt] n [U] [Date: 1200 1300; : Old Norse; Origin: drit] 1.) any substance that makes things dirty, such as mud or dust ▪ You should have seen the dirt on that car! ▪ His face and hands were black with dirt. ▪ a patch of grass,… … Dictionary of contemporary English
Dirt — (d[ e]rt), n. [OE. drit; kin to Icel. drit excrement, dr[=i]ta to dung, OD. drijten to dung, AS. gedr[=i]tan.] 1. Any foul of filthy substance, as excrement, mud, dust, etc.; whatever, adhering to anything, renders it foul or unclean; earth; as,… … The Collaborative International Dictionary of English
dirt — [ dɜrt ] noun uncount * 1. ) soil or MUD (=soil mixed with water): Groups of children were playing in the dirt. mounds of dirt 2. ) a substance that makes something dirty: His face was covered in dirt. Angelo brushed the dirt off his coat. 3. )… … Usage of the words and phrases in modern English
Dirt — Saltar a navegación, búsqueda Dirt CD de Alice In Chains Publicación Octubre 1992 Género(s) Grunge Metal alternativo … Wikipedia Español
dirt|y — «DUR tee», adjective, dirt|i|er, dirt|i|est, verb, dirt|ied, dirt|y| … Useful english dictionary
dirt — 15c. metathesis of M.E. drit, drytt mud, dirt, dung (c.1300), from O.N. drit, cognate with O.E. dritan to void excrement, from P.Gmc. *dritanan (Cf. Du. drijten, O.H.G. trizan). Used abusively of persons from c.1300. Meaning gossip first attested … Etymology dictionary
Dirt! — Studio album by The Arrogant Worms Released 1999 Genre Comedy Label Arrogant Worms Records … Wikipedia
dirt — dirt; dirt·en; dirt·i·ly; dirt·i·ness; … English syllables