- Cold Norton railway station
Cold Norton Location Place Cold Norton Area Essex Coordinates Coordinates: Operations Original company Great Eastern Railway Pre-grouping Great Eastern Railway Post-grouping London and North Eastern Railway History 1 Oct 1889 Station opened 10 Sep 1939 Station closed Disused railway stations in the United Kingdom Closed railway stations in Britain
A B C D–F G H–J K–L M–O P–R S T–V W–Z
Cold Norton railway station was a station in Cold Norton, Essex. It was on a single track branch line from Maldon to Woodham Ferrers which opened on 1 October 1889; the station closed on 10 September 1939, and the line in 1953.
Former Services Preceding station Disused railways Following station Barons Lane Halt Maldon to Woodham Ferrers Stow St Mary Halt
- ^ a b c d Butt, R. V. J. (1995). The Directory of Railway Stations: details every public and private passenger station, halt, platform and stopping place, past and present (1st ed.). Sparkford: Patrick Stephens Ltd. p. 65. ISBN 1-8526-0508-1. OCLC 60251199.
- ^ David St. John Thomas, Henry Patrick White (1968). A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain. Phoenix House.
- Cold Norton station on navigable 1945 O. S. map
- GER Society webpage containing photograph of the station in 1911
Closed railway stations in Essex Saffron Walden RailwayKelvedon Low Level · Feering Halt · Inworth · Tiptree · Tolleshunt Knights · Tolleshunt d'Arcy · Tollesbury · Tollesbury PierWickham Bishops · Langford and Ulting · Maldon East and HeybridgeMaldon West · Barons Lane Halt · Cold Norton · Stow St Mary HaltCorringham · Coryton ·
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.