- Code Hennessy & Simmons
Code Hennessy & Simmons Type Limited liability company Industry Private Equity Founded 1988 Founder(s) Andrew W. Code, Daniel J. Hennessy, Brian P. Simmons Headquarters Chicago, Illinois, United States Products Private equity funds, Leveraged buyout, Growth capital Total assets $2.9 billion Employees 30 Website www.chsonline.com
Code Hennessy & Simmons (CHS) is a private equity investment firm focusing on leveraged buyout and growth capital transactions. The firm focuses on investments in middle market companies in four basic industries:
- Business services
- Infrastructure and industrial products.
Code Hennessy & Simmons was founded in 1988 by Andrew W. Code, Daniel J. Hennessy and Brian P. Simmons. The three founders had previously worked together in Citicorp’s Leveraged Capital Group in Chicago, Illinois.
Since its inception in 1988, CHS has raised five private equity funds, with total investor commitments of approximately $2.9 billion, dedicated to leveraged buyout and growth capital investments in middle market companies:
- 1989 – CHS Fund I - $82.5 million
- 1994 – CHS Fund II - $155 million
- 1997 - CHS Fund III - $350 million
- 1999 - CHS Fund IV - $1.0 billion
- 2005 - CHS Fund V - $1.3 billion
- Company News; J Richard Industries To Buy Portec For $76 Million. New York Times, March 12, 1998
- Company News; Cascade Management Team Joins Bid To Buy Company. New York Times, July 8, 2000
- Agreement Is Said to Be Set On Sale of Plastics Maker. New York Times, May 28, 2002
- Company News; Equity Firm To Buy Amf Bowling For $249 Million. New York Times, November 29, 2003
- Code Hennessy & Simmons (company website)
Private equity and venture capital investment firms Investment strategy History InvestorsPrivate equity firms · Venture capital firms · Portfolio companies
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Law & Order (franchise) — Law Order franchise Law Order title card Creator Dick Wolf Original work Law Order … Wikipedia