- HLB International
HLB International Type Network of independent firms Industry Accountancy Founded 1969 Headquarters Executive Office in London, UK Products Accounting, audit, tax Revenue $1.7 billion USD (2009) Employees 17,000 Website HLBI.com
HLB International is an international network of accountancy firms.
As of 2010[update] it is ranked 12th largest accounting network, with total worldwide revenue around US $1.7 billion. HLB is represented in over 100 countries. Between them, member firms have 1,700 partners and 14,000 staff in 450 offices worldwide.
History and Membership
The network was formed in 1969. The current name was derived from Hodgson Landau Brands, which was based on some of the early members: Hodgson Harris (UK), Mann Judd Landau (US) and Brands & Wolff (Netherlands). In the course of time, these three names all disappeared through mergers, and the network shortened its name to HLB International in 1990. It now also explains the HLBI brand as “Helping Local Business Internationally”.
The founder firm in the United Kingdom, Fuller Jenks Beecroft & Co, merged with Mann Judd in 1975 and then left this network to join Touche Ross, which is now Deloitte. (In Australia and New Zealand, some firms with the name Mann Judd remain members of HLB.)
Hodgson Harris succeeded Mann Judd as the UK member, contributing the name Hodgson to HLB. By successive mergers this UK firm became Hodgson Impey, then Kidsons Impey, and was finally known as HLB Kidsons before leaving the network for Baker Tilly in 2002.
HLB then invited the listed company Numerica, an accountancy consolidator, to become its UK member. In 2005 Numerica, in financial difficulty, was mostly taken over by another listed consolidator, Vantis, which replaced it as the UK member of HLB. At the end of June 2010, Vantis also foundered, and was broken up.
In August 2010 HLB was still seeking a new member firm for the UK. Having been dependent for several years on the expansion plans of a public company, the network aimed instead to build a federation of local partnerships, following its model in the US and elsewhere.
In September 2010 two regional UK firms, Menzies and Hazlewoods, joined HLB from accounting network Praxity. These firms are ranked 23 and 41 of the UK's 50 largest accounting firms. Hawsons, based in the north, became the third UK member of HLB in November.
- ^ a b HLB International appoints new CEO, International Accounting Bulletin, February 2010
- ^ a b HLB International begins search for new UK partner, Accountancy Age, 5 Jul 2010
- ^ International Profile on official website
- ^ What is HLBI? on official website
- ^ Clifton Gunderson Acquires International Tax Firm U.S. Tax Advantage, Clifton Gunderson press release, Jun 01, 2010
- ^ HLB International Member Firms on official website
- ^ Simplified family tree for the firm of Touche Ross, ICAEW
- ^ Kidsons family tree, ICAEW
- ^ a b HLB joins Numerica, Accountancy Age, 14 Feb 2002
- ^ HLB still looking for Vantis replacement, Accountancy Age, 5 August 2010
- ^ HLB International to strengthen coverage in the UK, press release, 2 July 2010
- ^ Menzies replaces Vantis as HLB partner, Accountancy Age, 06 Sep 2010. Retrieved 20 September 2010.
- ^ HLB International announces first member of new UK Federation, HLB press release. Retrieved 20 September 2010.
- ^ HLB International announces second member of new UK Federation, HLB press release, 15 September 2010. Retrieved 20 September 2010.
- ^ "The Top 50 in 2010". Accountancy Age. Archived from the original on 2010-12-06. http://www.webcitation.org/query?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.accountancyage.com%2Fstatic%2Ftop50-this-year&date=2010-12-06. Retrieved 2010-12-06.
- ^ Hawsons added to HLB International network, Accountancy Age, 4 November 2010
- http://www.HLBI.com - official website
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
См. также в других словарях:
HLB International — Ltd. (HLBI) ist ein 1969 gegründeter, weltweiter Verbund unabhängiger Wirtschaftsprüfer und Steuerberatungsgesellschaften. Das Netzwerk umfasst 450 Büros in 100 Ländern und verfügt über 1.700 Partner und 14.000 Mitarbeiter. 2008 ist HLBI als… … Deutsch Wikipedia
HLB Deutschland — Rechtsform GmbH Gründung 1972 Sitz Düsseldorf, Deutschland … Deutsch Wikipedia
HLB — is an acronym that may mean one of the following: * Hydrophilic lipophilic balance, a parameter used to classify surfactants according to their degree of hydrophilicity * ISO 639 3 language code for the Indian language Halbi * Horton Lees Brogden … Wikipedia
HLB Fulda — Hochschul und Landesbibliothek Fulda Gründung: 5. Mai 1778 Gesamtbestand: 320.000 Bibliothekstyp: Hochschul und … Deutsch Wikipedia
Vantis — Numerica redirects here. For the credit union, see Numerica Credit Union. Vantis plc was an accountancy firm based in London, England, providing accounting, tax and business advice to owner managed businesses, listed companies, not for profit… … Wikipedia
Auditoría contable — Saltar a navegación, búsqueda La auditoría es el examen crítico y sistemático que realiza una persona o grupo de personas independientes del sistema auditado. Aunque hay muchos tipos de auditoría, la expresión se utiliza generalmente para… … Wikipedia Español
Ministry of Trade and Industry (Singapore) — Ministry of Trade and Industry Logo of the MTI Agency overview Formed March 1979 (1979 03) Jurisdiction … Wikipedia
Tensioactif — Un tensioactif ou agent de surface est un composé qui modifie la tension superficielle entre deux surfaces. Les composés tensioactifs sont des molécules amphiphiles, c est à dire qu elles présentent deux parties de polarité différente, l une… … Wikipédia en Français
Stadler Flirt — Nummerierung: SBB RABe 521, RABe 522, RABe 523, RABe 524 UIC D 0426.1, 0427, 0428, 0429 DBAG Baureihe 429 NSB Typ 74 Anzahl: 669 (verkauft, November 2011) … Deutsch Wikipedia
Spot blotch (wheat) — Spot blotch is a leaf disease of wheat caused by Cochliobolus sativus .cite book last = Wiese first = M.V. title = Compendium of wheat diseases publisher = American Phytopathological Society date = 1987 pages = 124 pp ] cite book last = Martens… … Wikipedia