- Submit It!
Submit It!, Inc. was a privately-held Internet services company located in Bedford, Massachusetts. The original free Submit It! service was created by Scott Banister while he was a student at the University of Illinois. He left during his sophomore year to co-found Submit It! Inc., where he served as vice president of technology. The other co-founders were Bill Younker, the company's president and CEO, and Larry Gormley, the vice president of product development.
The company's original product was Submit It!, a web site announcement service. In May 1997, it introduced DirectoryGuide, a compilation of Internet search engines and directories. In October 1997, it acquired the search engine monitoring service PositionAgent from NetGambit, Inc., of Chicago. In December 1997, it launched ClickTrade, a service which enabled web sites to run link partner programs. Another of the company's products was ListBot, an email list hosting service.
- ^ "Company Overview". Submit It!, Inc.. Archived from the original on January 21, 1998. http://web.archive.org/web/19980121155159/submit-it.com/pressroom/sibackgrounder.htm.
- ^ "Bios". Submit It!, Inc.. Archived from the original on January 21, 1998. http://web.archive.org/web/19980121155206/submit-it.com/pressroom/sibio.htm.
- ^ "Scott Banister". LinkedIn. http://www.linkedin.com/in/banister. Retrieved February 17, 2011. "VP Technology, Co-Founder: Submit It!"
- ^ "Bill Younker". LinkedIn. http://www.linkedin.com/pub/bill-younker/11/3b3/68. Retrieved February 17, 2011. "CEO, Co-founder: Submit It!"
- ^ "Submit It! Publishes First Navigational Site for Locating Internet Directories". Submit It!, Inc.. May 19, 1997. Archived from the original on January 21, 1998. http://web.archive.org/web/19980121155314/submit-it.com/pressroom/sidirectoryguidepr.htm.
- ^ "Submit It! Acquires PositionAgent from NetGambit". Submit It!, Inc.. October 6, 1997. Archived from the original on December 22, 1997. http://web.archive.org/web/19971222150724/submit-it.com/pressroom/paacquire.htm.
- ^ "Submit It! Announces ClickTrade, The First Service for Running Pay-Per-Click Link Partner Programs". Submit It!, Inc.. December 9, 1997. Archived from the original on December 6, 1998. http://web.archive.org/web/19981206043755/www.clicktrade.com/press/ctbetalaunch.htm.
- ^ "Submit It! Announces Service for Running Pay-Per-ClickLink Partner Programs". URLwire. December 9, 1997. http://www.urlwire.com/newsarchive/120997.HTM.
- ^ "LinkExchange Acquires Submit It!". ClickZ. June 24, 1998. http://www.clickz.com/clickz/news/1704870/linkexchange-acquires-submit-it.
- ^ "Acquisition Enables MSN to Reach More Customers". Microsoft News Center. November 5, 1998. http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/1998/nov98/linkpr.mspx/.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.