- Claymore (band)
CLAYMORE Background information Origin Bulgaria Genres Black metal, Death Metal, Symphonic Metal Years active 1999 - present Labels Forces of Satan Records
Unseen Music Group
Website CLAYMORE's Official Web Site Members Svetoslav "Zealotry" Georgiev
Tzvetelin "Cerberus" Baltov
Past members Kaloyan Gadjov
Claymore is a black metal band originating from Ruse, Bulgaria that formed in 1999. Their style consists of a combination of melodic death and black metal with influences from other styles of metal like heavy, thrash, speed and classical music.
Claymore formed in Ruse, Bulgaria during the summer of 1999. Drummer Kamen, guitarist Martyn, and bassist Velislav were the founding members. The band soon underwent radical lineup changes, and in time adding keyboardist Tsvetelin (in 2000) and vocalist Svetoslav (in 2007) as permanent members. The band's first concert was in September 1999; they later released several EPs and a bootleg. In 2008 Claymore signed with Distributor of Pain (D.O.P.) for their album "Prolonged Active Antagonism" after they self-released it first. They also signed with Toxity Records and their songs are included on Vodafone live!. On the next year they signed with Forces of Satan Records (owned by Infernus of Gorgoroth and Vile Horg). In early 2011 the band signs with Unseen Music Group for a compilation project to release their song Near Death Experience in Millennial Metal V vol. 1.
The letters of Claymore's logo are made of different faces.
According to vocalist Svetoslav "The musical element is linear and undimensional. It could be experienced undimensionally through the line of time, thus one perceives the world as one’s own world. If we go deeper into the secrets of music, we could understand that the musical experience is extremely close to the harmonic/melodic cosmic relations, from which the whole human being grows. The human being is internally made of music and one has artistic and musical perception insofar as it coincides with the secrets of one’s own musical structure. The true art is always coming down to the fact that the human being is looking for its relations with the spiritual world." 
In 2007 the vocalist receives editor’s choice award for outstanding achievements in poetry when he presented the lyrics to the song "Dying in a Dream" to the International Library of Poetry in Maryland, USA.
In March, 2011 NASA issues a certificate of participation to Claymore for being one of the 1350 artists in the Space Rock Song Contest at the Space Shuttle Program. The program was created to select various songs to wake up astronauts in space.
- Svetoslav "Zealotry" Georgiev - Vocals (2007–present)
- Tzvetelin "Cerberus" Baltov - Keyboard (2000–present)
- Kamen Marinov Manev - Drums (1999–present)
- Velislav Danov - Bass (1999–present)
- Martyn Marinov Manev - Guitar (1999–present)
- Emil Petev - Guitar (2000–2001)
- Kaloyan Gadjov - Vocals (1999–2000)
- Kremena Gancheva - Clean Vocals, Back Vocals (2000–2001)
- Tzvetan Rachev - Vocals (2000–2007)
- Jena - Keyboards (1999–2000)
- 2008: Prolonged Active Antagonism
Live & other albums
- 1999: Demo
- 2000: Warriors of Claymore (EP)
- 2004: Released (EP)
- 2005: Live in DNA
- 2009: The Legion of TchorT Compilation #6
- 2011: "Millennial Metal V. vol. 1"
- ^ "CLAYMORE". Subexsistance - Dark Music Portal. http://www.subexistance.com/interviews/claymore. Retrieved 2011-02-14. "Interview CLAYMORE"
- ^ "CLAYMORE Interview With Zeal". Transylvanian Forest E-Zine. 2010-12-16. http://tfezine.blogspot.com/2010/12/claymore-interview-with-zeal-new.html. Retrieved 2011-02-14. "CLAYMORE INTERVIEW WITH ZEAL"
- ^ "CLAYMORE: New Demo Track Posted Online - Sep. 18, 2010". Blabbermouth.net. 2010-09-18. http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=146268. Retrieved 2010-11-17. "CLAYMORE: New Demo Track Posted Online"
- ^ "MP3-ойки на CLAYMORE ще бъдат разпространявани от лейбъла на Infernus" (in Bulgarian). Metal Katehizis. 2009-08-18. http://www.katehizis.com/news/shNews.php?id=12394&. Retrieved 2010-08-23. "MP3-ойки на CLAYMORE ще бъдат разпространявани от лейбъла на Infernus"
- ^ "CLAYMORE Signs With UNSEEN MUSIC For Compilation Project". USA TODAY. 2011-04-22. http://www.usatoday.com/topics/article/Culture/Computers+and+Internet/MySpace/06wB2pgdISfHO/87. Retrieved 2011-04-12. "Bulgarian black metallers CLAYMORE have inked a deal with the U.S. label Unseen Music Group"
- ^ "CLAYMORE Ink Deal With Unseen Music Group". Bravewords.com. 2011-01-31. http://www.bravewords.com/news/155117. Retrieved 2011-02-06. "CLAYMORE Ink Deal With Unseen Music Group"
- ^ "Парче на Claymore в компилацията Millennial Metal vol. 1" (in Bulgarian). MetalHangar18.com. 2011-01-31. http://metalhangar18.com/site/partche-na-claymore-v-kompilatsiyata-millennial-metal-vol-1.mh18. Retrieved 2011-02-24. "Парче на Claymore в компилацията Millennial Metal vol. 1"
- ^ "Claymore Signs with Unseen Music Group". Metal-Rules. 2011-01-31. http://www.metal-rules.com/metalnews/2011/01/page/2/. Retrieved 2011-04-12. "Claymore Signs with Unseen Music Group"
- ^ "CLAYMORE Signs With UNSEEN MUSIC For Compilation Project". Blabbermouth.com. 2011-01-31. http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=153091&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+blabbermouth+%28Blabbermouth.net%27s+Daily+Headlines%29. Retrieved 2011-04-12. "CLAYMORE Signs With UNSEEN MUSIC For Compilation Project"
- ^ "CLAYMORE unterschreiben bei Unseen Music Group" (in German). Powermetal.de. 2011-01-31. http://powermetal.de/news/news-CLAYMORE_unterschreiben_bei_Unseen_Music_Group,25463.html. Retrieved 2011-04-12. "CLAYMORE unterschreiben bei Unseen Music Group"
- ^ "Claymore Trivia". MetalStorm.net. unknown. http://www.metalstorm.net/bands/trivia.php?band_id=4728&bandname=Claymore. Retrieved 2011-05-18. "Claymore Trivia"
- ^ "Backstage With CLAYMORE". MyStage Music. http://www.mystagemusic.com/interviews/claymore/. Retrieved 2011-02-14. "Backstage With CLAYMORE"
- ^ "Svetoslav Georgiev - The Bulgarian Music Scene, What it's really like -". Svetoslav Georgiev on the Bulgarian scene article at HellRaiser Music Group. http://hellraisermusicgroup.com/Svetoslav_Georgiev.html. Retrieved 2011-03-09. "- The Bulgarian Music Scene, What it's really like - article for Hellraiser Music Group by Svetoslav Gerogiev - vocalist for Bulgaria based band CLAYMORE"
- ^ "Вокалистът на Claymore спечели награда за свой текст" (in Bulgarian). Pro-Rock Magazine. 2007-12-22. http://pro-rock.net/cgi-bin/index.pl?o=0&_state=CommentsView&news=29. Retrieved 2010-08-11. "Светослав, фронтмен на русенската дет банда Claymore, спечели награда за текст"
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.