- Class A (novel)
First edition cover
Author(s) Robert Muchamore Country United Kingdom Language English Series CHERUB Genre(s) Children's, Thriller, Spy novel Publisher Hodder and Stoughton Publication date 14 October 2004 Media type Print (Paperback) Pages 304 pp (first edition, paperback) ISBN ISBN 0340881542 (first edition, paperback) OCLC Number 56651811 Preceded by The Recruit Followed by Maximum Security
Class A is the second book in the CHERUB series of books, written by Robert Muchamore.It continues the story of teenager James Adams and his fellow CHERUB agents as they try to bring down a drug cartel led by Keith Moore. The book was originally to be called Drugs, Cars and Guns. It received generally good reviews although not as many awards as its predecessor, The Recruit. It is followed by Maximum Security.
The book begins at the CHERUB summer hostel, where James, Bruce, Kerry, Gabrielle O'Brien, Amy and other CHERUBs are enjoying their summer term. James allows himself to get badly out of shape and is subsequently put on an emergency fitness plan by Mr. Large and gets assigned to 10 km running every morning.
Then James gets assigned to a mission with Kerry, Nicole and Kyle with Ewart and Zara Asker as his mission controllers. His target is a drug dealer called Keith Moore, who runs KMG (Keith Moore's Gang), the biggest drug distribution gang in England. He gets friendly with Keith's son, Keith Jr.(Junior) and works his way up in KMG, gaining Keith's trust.
Keith invites James to visit his holiday home in Miami along with him and Junior. Before he goes to Miami, James goes back to campus for additional training with Amy. He is then flown to Miami, where he takes down one of the biggest drug dealers in the world.
- James Adams: The protagonist; a twelve year old boy who travels to Luton, near London, to investigate KMG, a drug cartel. He tries to befriend one of the leader's sons.
- Kyle Blueman: A fifteen year old and James's best friend. He accompanies him on the mission and gets punished for smoking Cannabis at a house party.
- Kerry Chang: Also twelve, she tries to befriend Keith Moore's daughter, Erin.
- Nicole Eddison: Also twelve, she gets expelled for snorting Cocaine with Junior Moore.
Class A is followed by Maximum Security, which was released in the UK on 14 April 2005. In Maximum Security, James, Lauren and Dave go to America to break out Curtis Oxford, a dangerous criminal, so they can find his mother, an international arms dealer. James and Dave are admitted to the maximum security prison in Arizona. They fool the guards and travel across America to find Curtis Oxford's mother. They succeed and return to campus.
- ^ Muchamore, Robert. "Class A". www.cherubcampus.com. http://www.cherubcampus.com/Class%20A.htm. Retrieved 12 February 2010.
- ^ a b "Class A audiobook". www.hodderchildrens.co.uk. http://www.hodderchildrens.co.uk/AUDIO-BOOKS__CHERUB-AUDIO__CLASS-A_9781844566822_A.htm. Retrieved 12 February 2010.
- ^ Muchamore, Robert. "Maximum Security". www.cherubcampus.com. http://www.cherubcampus.com/maximumsecurity.htm. Retrieved 13 February 2010.
- Official CHERUB site
- UK page of CHERUB website for book
- USA page of CHERUB website for book
- Author's official site
Book series by Robert Muchamore CHERUBCHERUB NovelsCHERUB Mini BooksMajor Characters Henderson's BoysHenderson's Boys NovelsThe Escape · Eagle Day · Secret Army · Grey WolvesHenderson's Boys CharactersRelated ContentChronology · List of Characters AramovAramov NovelsPeople's Republic · Guardian Angel This article about a children's novel of the 2000s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.