- List of minor characters in 24
The following is a list of recurring and minor fictional characters from the American television drama 24. The following events are fictional and portrayed from both an in-universe and out of universe perspective. Furthermore, this list contains minor characters whose story arcs lasted anywhere from one or two episodes to two or three seasons. The list is sorted by when the character made their first appearance on the series, however many have appeared in subsequent seasons.
- 1 Government and political figures
- 2 Antagonists
- 3 Other characters
- 4 Further reading
- 5 References
Government and political figures
- Patricia "Patty" Brooks is David Palmer's campaign staffer played by Tanya Wright. She is sexually attracted to David through the day, but remains reticent. Sensing this, David's wife Sherry Palmer decides to utilize Patty as a spy with the incentive of giving her tacit approval for Patty to pursue an affair with David. However, when Patty begins to make sexual advances toward David he realizes what the scheme is and fires Patty.
- Carl Webb, an associate of David Palmer during his campaign for president, is involved in the cover-up of the accidental death of Lyle Gibson. He is also involved in the murder of Dr. Ferragamo to further cover-up Gibson's death. He plants evidence at the scene of Ferragamo's death that incriminates Palmer's son of murder, but conceals it so it can be used as leverage to keep both cover-ups secret. Keith Palmer secretly tapes Carl admitting to the murder of Dr. Ferragamo and presents it to his father. While it will not hold up in court, Senator Palmer uses it to ruin Carl publicly while simultaneously speaking the truth about Keith's involvement in the accidental death of Lyle Gibson. Webb is played by Zach Grenier.
- Elizabeth Nash is a member of David Palmer's campaign, portrayed by Kara Zediker. She was the lover of Alexis Drazen, who was using her to gain information to assassinate Palmer. After she learns his identity, she agrees to plant a homing device on him, but before the mission is over she attacks him with a knife. Drazen later dies from the wound.
- Eric Rayburn (played by Timothy Carhart) is the deputy head of the NSA under Roger Stanton. Upon learning about a plot to detonate a nuclear weapon in Los Angeles, Rayburn reinstates Jack Bauer and authorizes an undercover mission. Rayburn acts several times in opposition to fellow advisor Lynne Kresge, at one point thwarting her efforts to assist CTU's evacuation from a bomb threat, leading to the death of CTU personnel; for this, Palmer relieves him of duty.
- Lynne Kresge is an advisor to President David Palmer, played by Michelle Forbes. Kresge is frequently at odds with Eric Rayburn, who thwarts her efforts to inform the President of a threat at CTU. When Kresge learns of a plot to remove Palmer from office by invoking the 25th Amendment, she turns to Mike Novick for assistance, but he betrays her and prevents her from informing the President. Locked in a storage room by Novick, Kresge struggles with the man detailed to guard her and she is thrown down a stairwell, sustaining serious injuries. Her fate is unknown as she is never mentioned again.
- Jim Prescott, played by Alan Dale, is the Vice President of the United States in seasons 2 and 3. Prescott led an effort to invoke the 25th Amendment, believing that President David Palmer's decisions are irrational. After assuming the presidency, Prescott orders Palmer confined, and orders a military response based on fabricated evidence. After the forgery is discovered and Palmer assumes the presidency again, Prescott offers his resignation, which Palmer rejects. Prescott also appears in 24: The Game, as acting president, while Palmer recovers from injuries incurred at the end of Day 2. The character is briefly seen in Day 3, participating in a teleconference with the president.
- Roger Stanton, portrayed by Harris Yulin, is the head of the NSA. Stanton appears after Eric Rayburn is fired. Stanton and Peter Kingsley conspired to allow the nuclear weapon into the country, planning for the paramilitary group Coral Snake to neutralize the threat at the last minute; the plot is intended to "strengthen the presidency". He also testifies via teleconference against Palmer to Prescott detailing the President's use of torture against him.
- Dr. Anne Packard, played by Wendy Crewson, is personal physician to President David Palmer, and romantically involved with him. Anne's ex-husband Ted Packard attempts to implicate her in a drug scandal during Palmer's re-election campaign. Although Ted eventually changes his mind and exonerates her, she ends her relationship with Palmer, claiming she cannot handle the media pressure.
- Dr. Sunny Macer, played by Christina Chang, is the Head of the Health Authority. She later recurs in Season 7 when Jack is infected with a deadly pathogen.
- John Keeler, played by Geoff Pierson, first appears as a potential presidential candidate in Season 3, who is approached by Sherry Palmer who offers to help him blackmail David Palmer out of office, thus leaving him with an easy victory in the upcoming election. After a series of scandals Palmer chooses to withdraw from the race and by the start of season 4 Keeler is now President. As the season progresses, it emerges that terrorists have gained control over a stealth fighter and use it to shoot Air Force One out of the air while Keeler and his son are aboard. Keeler himself survives, but in critical condition, unable to continue his duties as President. Vice President Charles Logan is sworn into office as President in Keeler's place. His subsequent fate is unknown although in season 5, set 18 months later, Logan is still President, so presumably Keeler had either died or been unfit to resume office.
- Walt Cummings, played by John Allen Nelson, is Chief of Staff under Charles Logan. In Day 4, he orders that Bauer be executed rather than permit him to be turned over to the Chinese, to possibly reveal sensitive information under torture. During Day 5, it is revealed that Cummings helped Russian separatists acquire Sentox nerve gas for use against the Russians. After Cummings' confession, he is found dead, an apparent suicide that is later revealed to be a murder.
- Hal Gardner, played by Ray Wise, is vice president to Charles Logan. Originally, Gardner is suspected to be the manipulator behind the terrorist incidents, but Logan is revealed as the manipulator. He is sworn in to fill the remainder of Logan's term when Logan was arrested. It is presumed he ran for election and lost to Wayne Palmer.
- Yuri Suvarov (Юрий Суваров), played by Nick Jameson, is the president of the Russian Federation. Suvarov visits the United States to sign an anti-terrorism accord. During Day 6, Suvarov authorizes an American raid on the Russian consulate, leading to the rescue of Jack Bauer. Suvarov is then involved in the incident over the handing over of Russian nuclear technology to the Chinese. Suvarov demands the technology destroyed or American bases in central Asia will be under threat. During Day 8, Suvarov returns in the 22nd episode when Former President Charles Logan calls him and tells him that Jack Bauer had killed the Russian Foreign Minister Mikhail Novakovich. It is also revealed that President Suvarov was behind the deaths of President Omar Hassan and Renee Walker in an attempt to back out of the treaty, but was blackmailed by Logan into agreeing to sign it.
- Hamri Al-Assad, played by Alexander Siddig, is a former terrorist who is disillusioned with the violence that he has seen. Assad is offered a full pardon for all past crimes by President Wayne Palmer, under the condition that Assad continue to help stop Fayed and that he bring his and all other affiliated organizations to peace talks. Before he is about to give a televised statement on behalf of Palmer, he is killed by a bomb placed under the podium. He sacrificed himself for Wayne by jumping on top of him and shielding him.
- Noah Daniels, played by Emmy winner Powers Boothe, is the Vice President of the United States, serving under President Wayne Palmer. Daniels becomes the Acting President of the United States after an assassination plot. In 24: Redemption it is shown that Daniels served for the remainder of Wayne Palmer's term and lost to Senator Allison Taylor in his bid for re-election. Sometime between the events of Day 6 and Day 7 he granted President Charles Logan a pardon for his hand in the assassination of President David Palmer.
- Lisa Miller, played by Kari Matchett, is an aide and lover of Noah Daniels. She unsuccessfully attempts to help him obtain the office of the President. She is later attacked by her lover, lobbyist and Russian spy Mark Bishop, while trying to feed the Russians false information.
- Ethan Kanin, portrayed by Bob Gunton, is the Secretary of Defense under President Wayne Palmer. Kanin recommends invoking the 25th amendment to allow Vice-President Daniels to become President. He also serves as the Chief of Staff in Season 7. He disapproves of President Taylor's decision to appoint her daughter, Olivia, as an advisor after General Juma's siege on the White House. Kanin later authorises Jack Bauer to interrogate Ryan Burnett, a US-based conspirator, hoping to find out more about the terrorist threat. After Jack is framed for the murders of Ryan Burnett and Senator Mayer, Kanin quits as Chief of Staff, fearing the political ramifications to Taylor's presidency. Aaron Pierce later enlists in Kanin's help when he grows suspicious of Olivia's behaviour and suspects her of having a connection to Jonas Hodges' murder. Kanin acquires a recording of Olivia's conversation with her contact ordering the hit on Hodges and confronts her, eventually leading to President Taylor to have her turned in. Kanin is later re-instated as Chief of Staff. In season 8, he has been elevated to the position of Secretary of State. He is shown to have an active role in the administration, negotiating alongside President Taylor, a peace deal for the Middle East. Kanin suffered a heart attack after discovering Chief of Staff Weiss' plot to turn President Hassan over to the terrorists threatening to detonate a nuclear bomb in New York City. This incident was kept hidden from President Taylor. Kanin was discovered during the arrest of Weiss and General Brucker, and was taken to a hospital for treatment. Kanin rejoins President Taylor's cabinet, recommending that she work with disgraced ex-President Charles Logan at getting the Russians back to the table following Dalia Hassan's succession of her late husband. He is later aghast to discover that, on Logan's advice, she is not only hiding evidence of the Russians' involvement in the day's events, but allowing Logan to stop Jack Bauer from revealing this evidence. After a final plea for her to reverse her recent decisions, he tells her his conscience could not allow him to remain in her administration knowing what she had sanctioned. Despite her pleas to reconsider he resigns, officially citing health reasons.
- Frank Tramell, played by Gil Bellows, is a State Department official given the task of serving a Federal subpoena to Jack Bauer. He plays a major part in the evacuation of the Sangalan capital. He initially denies safe passage for the children after Carl Benton's death. He finally offers to evacuate them, only on the condition that Jack returns to America with them to face the subpoena.
- Blaine Mayer, played by Kurtwood Smith, is a Senator and chairman of the United States Senate Hearing in D.C. He dismantles CTU and attacks CTU's decisions to use extreme interrogation methods such as torture, and the legality of their actions. His chief of staff, Ryan Burnett is shown to be working with the terrorists. He later helps Jack uncover information on Starkwood, but is killed by John Quinn immediately after.
- Tim Woods, played by Frank John Hughes, is President Allison Taylor's Secretary of Homeland Security and one of her most trusted aides.
- Mitchell Hayworth, played by Cameron Daddo, is the Vice President. When terrorists take over the White House and hold President Taylor hostage, he refuses to authorise a rescue mission, fearing the political consequences if Taylor does not survive, but the FBI defy him and attack the White House anyway. It is presumed that he succeeds Taylor following her resignation at the end of Season 8.
- Rob Weiss, played by Chris Diamantopoulos, is President Allison Taylor's chief of staff. He insists that the US government give up President Omar Hassan to the terrorists in order to obtain a nuclear weapon, despite President Taylor's refusal. Together with General Brucker, they break into Ethan Kanin's office and arrange for Hassan's abduction by American mercenaries. They are discovered by Kanin, who has a heart attack. After discovering the plan, Jack Bauer alerts President Taylor to Weiss's betrayal, causing her to erupt at Weiss. He is last seen being taken into custody for treason.
The following are terrorists, mercenaries, and minor non-political conspirators whose actions go against those of the protagonists.
- Victor Drazen, played by Dennis Hopper, is a Serbian warlord and mercenary who was supposedly killed along with his wife and daughter prior to Day 1 in a covert military action named Operation Nightfall. During the events of Day 1, the two-year anniversary of his "death", Drazen and his sons led a personal vendetta against Jack Bauer and David Palmer, the men who respectively led and authorized Operation Nightfall. It is revealed, just before 11pm, that Nina Myers is his mole inside CTU. When Jack believed that his daughter was killed, he killed Victor by shooting him 12 times while he was falling from a dock.
- Andre Drazen, played by Željko Ivanek, is the son of Victor Drazen and brother of Alexis. He is Ira Gaines' superior. Andre organizes the plot to break his father out of a government prison bunker. The power was supposed to be cut to that section that the secret bunker was, but was not because Alexis was stabbed before he could make the pay off. Regardless, Andre manages to get ahold of Victor, and he brings Jack through many tasks he had set up previous to this, including sending him to kill Senator Palmer. When fleeing with Victor on the docks, he is shot and killed by an enraged Jack.
- Jamey Farrell, played by Karina Arroyave is a programmer at CTU Los Angeles. Jack and Nina didn't know that Jamey was actually a mole hired by Ira Gaines to provide him information from inside CTU. When Jack found out, he told Nina and Tony to bring in her son Kyle as leverage. Nina and Tony told her, and she was distraught and asked for a few minutes alone to think for herself. When they came back, she was unconscious with blood spurting from her arm in an apparent suicide attempt, and later died in hospital. Later that night Jack finds CCTV footage of Nina killing Jamey by slitting her wrist with a broken coffee mug.
- Kevin Carroll, played by Richard Burgi is a terrorist working for Ira Gaines, initially posing as Alan York, the father of Kimberly's friend Janet. He is outed when the body of the real Alan York is discovered, although not before he has murdered Janet in her hospital bed and helped Gaines' men capture Teri Bauer. Jack uses him to find the location of Kim and Teri, and leaves him bound and gagged in a car on the property. He leads some men of his to a warehouse where they are seen unloading weapons or some illegal goods. Carroll realizes too late that Alexis Drazen is watching from a distance and has rigged the warehouse with explosives. Seconds later, the warehouse is destroyed with the men dead while Carroll is seen lying on the ground, coughing and blood on his face, having been near the blast. He attempts to reach for his gun but Alexis who has since put on black gloves and drawn a gun, manages to get to him and pushes it away with his foot before asking him if there was anything left in the truck. Carroll, already suffering from several other wounds and outraged at the betrayal, tells Alexis to go to Hell. Seconds later, Alexis kills Carroll by shooting him in the head.
- Alexis Drazen,, played by Misha Collins, is the younger brother of Andre Drazen and son of Victor Drazen. He is stabbed by his lover Elizabeth Nash when Nash discovered his identity and later dies from his wound after he was transferred back to his family in an hostage exchange for Jack.
- Ira Gaines, played by Michael Massee, is a terrorist working for the Drazen family. Gaines hires Mandy to blow up the aircraft with photographer, Martin Belkin, aboard and masterminds the plot to kidnap Teri and Kim Bauer and assassinate David Palmer. Gaines recruits Jamey Farrell to be a spy and monitor the CTU. In their final confrontation, Ira draws his gun on Jack, forcing Jack to kill him before being taken prisoner, apparently more afraid to face the Drazens. He wishes good luck to Jack with his last words.
- Rick Allen is played by Daniel Bess. Allen and his friend, Dan Mounts, trick Kim Bauer and Janet York into a date, and then kidnap them. Allen has second thoughts, however, when he realizes what he's gotten himself into and what will happen to Kim, so after delivering Kim to terrorist Ira Gaines, he risks his life to secretly help her several times. He is then wounded helping Kim and Teri Bauer escape. Kim later goes to him for help after she is separated from her mother, but Rick is arrested during a botched drug deal by Dan's brother Frank.
- Dan Mounts, played by Matthew Carey, is one of Kim Bauer's kidnappers, hired by Ira Gaines. Contacting Kim's friend Janet York, Dan sets up a double-date with himself and Rick, telling her that he and Rick are sophomores at San Diego State University. After kidnapping Kim and Janet, Dan and Rick leave Janet for dead and deliver Kim to Gaines. Gaines kills Dan for lying about Janet's death.
- Eli Stram, played by Silas Weir Mitchell, is a young criminal working for Ira Gaines during Day 1. Eli guards Teri Bauer and Kim Bauer when they are taken to Gaines' compound. He attempts to rape Kim but rapes Teri Bauer instead, who uses the assault to steal his cellphone. Later, Teri takes his gun and kills him to protect Kim.
- Jonathon Matijevich (Јонатон Матијевић) is a terrorist sniper working for Ira Gaines. He kills Bridgit, who tries to blackmail Gaines, and poses as photographer Martin Belkin, to gain access to Palmer. Bauer is forced to help Matijevich, but causes a disturbance to foil the assassination. In the ensuing scuffle, Matijevich escapes. He has not been seen on the show since and his status remains unknown.
- Jovan Myovic (Јован Мјовић), played by Henri Lubatti, is the assassin sent to kill Teri Bauer and Kim Bauer by Andre Drazen. He fails when Tony Almeida shoots him three times from behind, killing him.
- Peter Kingsley, played by Tobin Bell, was working to detonate a nuclear weapon and to start a war in the Middle East. It is shown that he had contact with Sherry and at the end of the season, he meets with her to exchange Alex Hewitt (see below) for information. In the end, he is killed by a CTU sniper.
- Syed Ali, played by Francesco Quinn, plans to load a nuclear bomb over Los Angeles on a plane, then detonate it over the city. He intends to fly the plane himself. Before heading to the airfield, he stops at a mosque to pray, where he is captured by Jack Bauer. After being forced to watch the mock execution of his family, Ali reveals where the bomb is held. On his way to Guantanamo Bay detention camp, Ali is killed by Jonathan Wallace.
- Marie Warner, played by Laura Harris, is a terrorist who helps arm a nuclear bomb after being radicalized by Syed Ali while traveling in the Middle East. She is the daughter of Bob Warner, and Kate Warner's sister. In the last few hours of the season, after Marie is captured, she talks to Kate. She says that no-one is safe "out there." This is a possible reference to either 24: The Game or the impending release of the Cordilla Virus.
- Captain Jonathan Wallace, USMC, played by Gregg Henry, is secretly working for Peter Kingsley to detonate a nuclear weapon in the United States. When the plot fails, Wallace kills Syed Ali hoping that Jack Bauer will help him escape, and offers to provide evidence incriminating Kingsley. He is killed before providing the evidence, but a post-mortem X-ray reveals an implanted chip which holds the evidence. Wallace was part of the Coral Snake team that was supposed to stop the bomb, but killed his squadmates.
- Max, played by Thomas Kretschmann, is a German arms dealer with terrorist clients as well as the mastermind behind the events of Day 2 and 24: The Game. Max masterminds a plot to start a war between the United States and three Middle Eastern nations, to increase oil prices. Max returned briefly in 24: The Game, where he was killed on his yacht by Jack Bauer.
- Alexander Trepkos, played by Eugene Robert Glazer, is a conspirator working with Max and Peter Kingsley who want to increase the value of their oil holdings by provoking a war and allowing terrorists to detonate a nuclear weapon within Los Angeles. His current status remains unknown.
- Ramon Salazar, played by Joaquim de Almeida, is a Mexican narcoterrorist, who runs one of the largest drug smuggling rings in Mexico, and is also involved in drugs for arms sales. Bauer and Hector convince him to buy the Cordilla virus from Michael Amador. Ramon is outbid for the virus by Nina Myers, but kidnaps Myers and forces her to hand over the virus. Ramon kills Hector after Myers convinces Hector to back out of the deal. While Bauer negotiates to hand over the vial, Ramon is killed when the vial explodes, exposing the virus sold as a fake.
- Hector Salazar, played by Vincent Laresca, together with his older brother Ramon, runs one of the largest drug smuggling rings in Mexico. Hector runs the Salazar drug ring while Ramon is in prison and, working with Jack Bauer, obtains Ramon's freedom by threatening to release a deadly virus. Jack, undercover, is working with Hector to locate the source of the virus. Hector is killed by Ramon, when Myers convinces Hector that Bauer is playing each brother off against each other.
- Michael Amador, played by Greg Ellis, is an international arms dealer and the middle-man involved in Stephen Saunders' purchase of the Cordilla virus from the Ukrainians. Before bringing the virus to Los Angeles, Amador holds an auction in Mexico where he dupes Jack, the Salazars, and Nina Myers into competing for a mere fake of the virus. Although the deception is successful, the ploy incurs the spite of Saunders, resulting in Amador's death by way of a hidden bomb.
- Marcus Alvers, played by Lothaire Bluteau, is an associate of Arms Dealer Michael Amador. He arms a vial of the Cordilla virus in a hotel, and dies from unwilling exposure to the virus.
- Stephen Saunders, played by Paul Blackthorne, the main antagonist of season 3, is a former MI6 agent and terrorist, previously thought killed during Operation Nightfall. Saunders releases a sample of the Cordilla virus in a hotel, and planned to release many more samples throughout the United States. He gave up the location of the attacks when CTU threatened to kill his daughter Jane. He was shot and killed by Theresa Ortega, the widow of a CTU agent Gael Ortega, who died as a result of Saunders' terrorism.
- Habib Marwan (Arabic: مروان حبيب ) (played by Arnold Vosloo) is the mastermind behind the terrorist attacks in Day 4. His alias is "Harris Barnes," which he uses to acquire the Dobson Override, a technology that causes the meltdown or near-meltdown of several nuclear power plants. After Air Force One is shot down with a stolen stealth fighter, the Nuclear Football containing the President's nuclear launch codes is stolen. Marwan is wounded after a fight with Jack Bauer in a parking lot. Rather than allow himself to be captured, Marwan kills himself by jumping from the building despite Jack's efforts to stop him.
- Navi Araz, played by (Nestor Serrano), is the husband of Dina Araz and leader of a terrorist cell in Los Angeles plotting to cause a nuclear meltdown. He plots to kill his son after his son fails to fulfill his wishes with his girlfriend. Navi is killed by Behrooz after a fight with Jack to try and capture Navi.
- Dina Araz, played by (Shohreh Aghdashloo), is the wife of Navi Araz. She is a member of a terrorist cell in Los Angeles that is plotting to cause a nuclear meltdown. Navi plans to kill Behrooz, but Dina betrays her husband to save her son. Dina is killed by Marwan when she attempts to kill him instead of Jack.
- Behrooz Araz, (played by Jonathan Ahdout), is the son of Navi and Dina Araz, members of a terrorist cell in Los Angeles that is plotting to cause a nuclear meltdown. Behrooz ultimately elects to abandon his parents' plots, after they kill his girlfriend, Debbie Pendleton (played by Leighton Meester). Navi plans to kill him, but Dina betrays her husband to save her son. His actual fate is unknown after he is recaptured by Marwan's men (and Marwan is shown unable to decide what to do with Behrooz beforehand). He is not seen again. (However, bonus footage on the DVD showed Behrooz being rescued by CTU agents.)
- Joseph Fayed, (played by Adam Alexi-Malle), is a university professor and member of the terrorist cell in Los Angeles. Deena Araz and CTU orchestrate a mock hostage plan involving Jack Bauer's capture at his home which is thwarted by Habib Marwan. He commits suicide by car bomb once he has delivered Jack Bauer.
- Kalil Hasan (played by Anil Kumar), is a member of one of Habib Marwan's terrorist cells. While on the run, Hasan realizes he is being tracked by CTU. As a result, he deliberately turns his car into the path of an oncoming truck and dies in the resulting explosion.
- Ramzi Yousef, (played by Yonatan HaDut), is a member of a terrorist cell in Los Angeles that is plotting a bombing. After the bombing is unsuccessful, he flees to Pakistan, where he is captured and sent back to the United States.
- Omar, played by Tony Plana, works with Habib Marwan by holding Secretary of Defense James Heller and his daughter Audrey Raines hostage. Omar announces on a live broadcast his group's intention to try Heller for war crimes and execute him. Heller refuses to sign a confession and only cooperates after Omar threatens the life of his daughter. When Jack Bauer and the United States Marine Corps raid the compound to rescue Heller, Omar is injured by Audrey Raines and Jack Bauer. Later he is shot by Marines.
- Henry Powell, played by Robertson Dean, helps Marwan install the Dobson Override with his knowledge in computers. He unsuccessfully arranges for a group of men to kill Jack and Audrey. As he is taken into custody, Powell attempts to bribe Tony Almeida and Jack, but to no avail. Before Tony and Jack can secure Powell in their car, he is killed by one of Marwan’s snipers from a nearby building.
- Mitch Anderson, played by Ned Vaughn, assists Habib Marwan by killing an Air Force pilot, stealing a stealth aircraft and shooting down Air Force One while the United States President is aboard. His fate after that is unknown.
- Anton Beresch (Антон Берещ) is a terrorist henchmen, played by David Dayan Fisher. Beresch, a former Russian Army officer, joins the Dawn Brigade, a militant Russian separatist movement. He takes hostages at the Ontario airport to stop the Russian president from signing an anti-terrorism measure with Charles Logan. When he is ambushed by CTU agent, Beresch detonates an explosive vest on a dead terrorist, killing himself.
- James Nathanson is a former CIA Agent, played by Geraint Wyn Davies. Nathanson first appears as an intermediary between the terrorists and Walt Cummings. Nathanson, a businessman, sells nerve gas to terrorists, hoping to engineer a plot to gain US control of Central Asian oil reserves. Nathanson seeks to exchange information in exchange for protection, but is fatally shot by Bierko's operatives.
- Ivan Erwich is a terrorist working for Vladimir Bierko played by Mark Sheppard. He is a member of the Dawn Brigade separatist movement responsible for taking hostages at the Ontario Airport and releasing a nerve gas at an American mall. After Erwich tells Bierko that the nerve gas is effective, Bierko stabs Erwich in the chest, killing him for putting too much faith in their American contacts which almost jeopardized their mission.
- Ostroff, played by Alex Kuznetsov, is an Eastern European terrorist working for Vladimir Bierko. He steals a key card from Lynn McGill and uses this to release a nerve gas in the ventilation system of the CTU building. While he tries to escape from the building, Jack kills him.
- Vladimir Bierko (Владимир Бьерко) (played by Julian Sands) is a billionaire and the leader of a Russian separatist group. He plans to kill the Suvarovs through their motorcade route, but his plot is foiled by Secret Service agent Aaron Pierce. He then releases nerve gas in a hospital but he is again unsuccessful. He releases nerve gas at CTU, which is successful. He is apprehended at a natural gas distribution center. Although the terrorists take him to a Russian submarine where they plan to launch missiles against the United States, Jack Bauer interferes and kills Bierko by snapping his neck.
- Collette Stenger (played by Stana Katic) is an information broker hired by terrorist cells all over the world. She provides the schematics for a secure building to Russian separatist Vladimir Bierko. She is captured by CTU after Theo, an agent for the German counterintelligence, informs the agents. Although she demands a full presidential pardon to give information, her pardon is taken away for withholding information.
- Christopher Henderson (played by Peter Weller) is the former head of CTU LA and mentor to Jack Bauer. Jack eventually discovered evidence that Henderson was selling secrets and reported him. Despite protesting innocence, Henderson was fired. He became the head Omnicron International, the company which made the Sentox Nerve Gas. He hired the assassin who killed David Palmer and Michelle Dessler. Jack eventually uncovered his role in this, and took him to CTU for interrogation. Henderson did not reveal anything, and the process left him temporarily catatonic. Tony Almeida prepares to kill him for revenge, but hesitates long enough for Henderson to 'kill' him instead, and escape. He attempts to kill Wayne Palmer, Audrey Raines, and James Heller to cover his tracks, but fails in each case. He is finally recaptured by Curtis Manning. Henderson agrees to help Jack stop Bierko's final plans, if Jack gives him his word he will be released. When they approach the submarine, he also demands a gun, which Jack reluctantly grants. Henderson disarms the missiles while Jack kills the terrorists. He then attempts to escape and ambushes Jack, knowing that Jack was not going to actually let him go. He attempts to kill Jack, only to learn the gun he was given was unloaded. He realizes he is beaten, and appears to be slightly proud that Jack got the better of him. Jack then reminded Henderson that he was responsible for the deaths of David Palmer, Tony Almeida, and Michelle Dessler, all of whom were his friends. Henderson coldly replied that that is the way these things work, before a furious Jack shot him twice, in cold blood. Henderson is seen as a member of CTU in the pre-season-one 24: Declassified novels, Vanishing Point and Trinity (In Trinity it was Christopher who managed to successfully convert Jack Bauer from a CIA agent to a CTU agent). Henderson was also revealed in Day 7 to have links to David Emerson and was part of the ploy to recruit Tony Almeida to Emerson's team by faking Tony's death.
- Graem Bauer (played by Paul McCrane) is Jack's brother (though this is not revealed until Season 6) who was a co-conspirator of President Logan in selling the Sentox nerve gas to Vladimir Bierko and the Russian separatists, and later tried to cover up Logan's role in the conspiracy. Curiously enough, Graem references Jack as 'Bauer' throughout Season 5, despite the fact that they're brothers. He reappears in Day 6, during which he and his father are indirectly connected to a nuclear attack. After an interrogation by Jack Bauer, Phillip Bauer, his father, kills him to prevent him from releasing information and kidnaps his son Josh.
- Phillip Bauer (played by James Cromwell) is Jack Bauer's estranged father. It emerges that Phillip's company is linked to the suitcase nukes acquired by Abu Fayed and he kills his son Graem to prevent him from releasing information under interrogation. Using his grandson Josh as a hostage, he escapes from Jack. Later in the season, he is recruited by Cheng Zhi to repair the circuit board they have acquired from the Russian suitcase nukes. In return, he is promised political asylum in China for him and his grandson Josh, who Cheng arranges to be kidnapped from CTU. When Jack recaptures Josh, Philip apparently reneges on his deal with the Chinese and tells President Noah Daniels that he'll trade the circuit board for Josh. In the event, Philip double-crosses the Americans and kidnaps his grandson without giving up the component, and is seen to be working with the Chinese again, waiting to be picked up by a Chinese submarine on an abandoned offshore oil rig. As Jack and Bill Buchanan arrive on the oil rig by helicopter, Josh attacks Phillip and shoots him. Jack and Josh escape back to the helicopter, leaving Phillip to die in the imminent air strike against the oil rig.
- Ahmed Amar (played by Kal Penn) is collaborating with Fayed, for whom he must deliver a package. He coerces Ray, father of his classmate Scott, to complete his task. When the CTU storms into Scott's house, he is fatally wounded during a showdown with Jack Bauer, and dies en route to a hospital.
- Abu Fayed, (played by Adoni Maropis), is a senior leader of the Islamic terrorist group once headed by Hamri Al-Assad. His younger brother, who was also a terrorist, was previously tortured to death by Jack Bauer, leaving Fayed with a strong hatred for him. Eleven weeks prior to Season 6, Fayed planned a series of suicide bombings in 10 different American cities that killed over 900 people. He also plans suicide bombings in the early hours of Day 6 on a bus in Los Angeles, a Baltimore mall, and a Chicago hotel, which kill over 200 more people. He contacts President Wayne Palmer and claims that Hamri Al-Assad is the true mastermind (when Assad in fact is trying to make peace with the United States), and that he will reveal Assad's location in exchange for Jack Bauer. Palmer eventually secures Jack's release from the Chinese, and hands a willing Jack over to Fayed. While torturing Jack, Fayed reveals to him that he is the true mastermind. Jack escapes, and leads the investigation against Fayed. He eventually obtains 5 suitcase nukes, and uses one of them to destroy Valencia, killing another 12,000 people. However he cannot arm the remaining 4 nukes, so he captures and tortures Morris O'Brian, until he arms them. However as CTU closes in, Fayed leaves behind one suitcase nuke to cover his escape, which CTU is able to disarm. Fayed intends to launch suitcase nuclear bombs in suburban areas of the United States. He and Gredenko hijack a drone and fit with it a suitcase nuke, and launch it so that it will detonate in San Francisco. However, CTU is able to stop this as well. Gredenko eventually betrays him, and he is captured by Jack Bauer and Mike Doyle. They quickly realize that torture will not force him to reveal where the remaining nukes are, so they attempt a sting operation instead. However, Fayed is warned of the deception, and escapes in a sanitation truck. Bauer secures himself to bottom of the truck and rides to Fayed's hideout, while Doyle attempts to have CTU track the truck. He storms the warehouse where they are hiding, and kills all of Fayed's men. In a final confrontation between the two, Bauer eventually wraps a hydraulic chain hanging from the ceiling around his neck. He then whispers to Fayed "Say hello to your brother", before activating the chain. Fayed is slowly dragged into the air, and hanged. Doyle and a heavily armed team from CTU arrive moments later, and secure the two remaining suitcase nukes. Upon seeing the carnage caused by Jack, particularly Fayed, all an impressed Doyle can say is "Damn, Jack."
- Darren McCarthy (played by David Hunt) is a wealthy British businessman who sells Fayed the suitcase nukes. After the first programmer dies from a blast in Valencia, he kidnaps Morris O'Brian with the help of his girlfriend Rita, who later kills McCarthy for money. Originally, Darren McCarthy was to be played by Eddie Izzard, who had to drop out after the first day of filming, because of scheduling conflicts with The Riches.
- Dmitri Gredenko (Дмитрий Греденко) (played by Rade Šerbedžija) supplies the terrorists with five suitcase nuclear bombs developed by Soviet Russia in the late 1980s, and works with Abu Fayed to detonate the bombs in the United States. Gredenko is taken into custody by CTU, and agrees to serve as bait in a trap to capture Fayed. He betrays CTU and cuts off his arm to remove CTU's tracking device. He eventually dies from loss of blood.
- Anatoly Markov (played by John Noble) is Gredenko's inside man within the Russian consolate. He is questioned and tortured by Jack regarding Gredenko's whereabouts and plans but escapes when Russian security guards set off a bomb which temporarily incapacitates Jack. He later refuses Russian President Suvarov's direct order to release Jack Bauer back to CTU unharmed.
- Bruce Carson, played by Michael Reilly Burke, is a private sector security corps specialist. Carson plots with Reed Pollock to assassinate President Wayne Palmer, in order for the hard-liner Vice President Daniels to take the office. Carson is arrested with Pollock after the assassination attempt.
- Reed Pollock, played by Chad Lowe, is the Deputy White House Chief of Staff. He was involved in an assassination plot to remove President Wayne Palmer from office, however the assassination failed. Palmer was still injured, and Pollock was taken into custody shortly afterwards. He is later shown attempting to avoid capital punishment by giving up all information he knew.
- Mark Bishop, played by Michael Shanks, is a Washington lobbyist and a Russian spy, who is secretly involved with Lisa Miller. Tom Lennox attempts to trick, and then coerces, Mark into transmitting false information to the Russians.
- General Benjamin Juma, played by Tony Todd, is a rebel general leading a coup in the African nation of Sangala. His plans go so far even as to kidnap local children to use as soldiers in his war against the government. He arrives in the U.S. with a team of commandos. He orders Dubaku to be killed after he had failed in his operation and lies to Dubaku's son about it. He later leads his team of commando's into the White House and takes President Allison Taylor hostage along with a number of White House staff and other personnel including Bill Buchanan, Aaron Pierce and Senator Mayer. His attack is ultimately foiled. He is wounded by the gas explosion set off by Bill Buchanan and is then confronted by Jack Bauer. Juma goes for his gun and is gunned down by Jack while the rest of his men are killed during the FBI's rescue operation.
- Colonel Iké Dubaku, played by Hakeem Kae-Kazim, is Juma's second in command, and responsible for running much of the rebellion's operations. He personally takes charge of the hunt for the children after his brother is killed by Jack Bauer. He is severely wounded by the land mine triggered by Carl Benton, as shown in the extended edition. He is shown to be the main commander during the terrorist attacks in the USA, using the CIP device to seize control of delicate electronic equipment from otherwise secure networks to persuade the President to withdraw the invasion of his country, Sangala. When this failed, he kidnapped the First Gentleman in another attempt to blackmail the President. Ike also took on a false identity as Samuel, along with a double life including a girlfriend left in the dark. When his girlfriend found out about his true identity, she caused a collision that ended up killing herself and critically injuring Dubaku. Dubaku is taken to the hospital where Juma sends one of his men to kill Dubaku by inducing cardiac arrest.
- Jonas Hodges, played by Jon Voight, is the leader of Starkwood, an organization similar to the real-life organization Blackwater, financing the rebels' war in Sangala. He dispatches men to interrogate and execute Chris Whitley after he uncovers information of his business dealings. He later expresses suspicion of Roger Taylor's knowledge of the incident. When Juma invades the White House, Hodges is able to compile a list of people in the White House and inform him that Taylor's daughter is in the building. His plan is to get his personal army for hire by creating terrorist attacks against America and has organized a bioweapon to do the job. Hodges voluntarily goes to the White House to present his demands to the President, however during his visit, his leverage, the missiles containing the bioweapons, is destroyed. He is promptly taken into federal custody and interrogated by Jack Bauer. He is admitted into the witness protection program, however after he leaves the FBI headquarters, he is killed by a car bomb. The hit was ordered by Olivia Taylor as Starkwood were complicit in her brother's murder and she wanted revenge.
- Alan Wilson, played by Will Patton, is the leader of a conspiracy who developed the prion variant, a lethal biological weapon which they plan to use against the U.S.A. He is the partner of Jonas Hodges who founded Starkwood. Wilson is also responsible for the David Palmer assassination, Michelle Dessler's death and the entire Charles Logan affair in season five. After Hodges decides to use the bio-weapon for his own agenda, Tony was sent to stop this and recover a canister for Wilson. Unknown to Wilson, Tony had discovered that he was responsible for Michelle's death and had been tracking him for years, intending to kill him. Wilson and Tony are both taken into custody in the end, while Wilson denies all involvement in the day's events, and smugly points out that they have no direct evidence linking him to it. The season concludes with Renee Walker preparing to torture him to obtain the names of his co-conspirators. It is revealed in Season 8 that she tortured him nearly to death, presumably obtaining the names she wanted.
- Youssou Dubaku, played by Zolile Nokwe, is a rebel lieutenant and brother of Ike Dubaku. He leads the abduction and forced military service of Sangalan children in Juma's army. He is killed by Jack Bauer during an attempted raid on the Sangalan school run by Carl Benton in '24: Redemption'.
- Edward Vossler, played by Mark Kiely, is a Secret Service agent responsible for the protection of First Son Roger Taylor. He is revealed to be in league with Jonas Hodges when he notifies him of Chris Whitley's discovery. Vossler assists in Gedge's failed attempt to frame Henry Taylor for the murder of Samantha Roth and instead kidnaps Taylor and hands him over to Dubaku. He is later apprehended by Jack and with help from Agent Renee Walker forced to reveal Dubaku's location before being killed by Jack when he is stabbed by his own knife after he attempts to overpower Jack.
- Nichols, played by Mark Aiken, is an American businessman hired by Jonas Hodges to finance and supply weapons to Juma's army. He orders one of his brokers, Chris Whitley, to destroy all records of the company's Abu Dhabi and Eritrea accounts. He is killed by Renee Walker, who shoots Nichols in the back as he tries to extract the Matobos from Dubaku's hideout.
- David Emerson, played by Peter Wingfield, is a British mercenary who was paid by Dubaku to kidnap Sangalan Prime Minister Ule Matobo so Dubaku could torture him to reveal his Sangalan allies and then to kill him. Emerson and his team recruited Tony Almeida after faking his 'death' at the hands of Henderson in Day 5 (Henderson himself, had links to Emerson). Emerson and Tony were also involved in acquiring components for the CIP device and the kidnapping of Michael Latham to reprogram it for their own use. Emerson later accepts Jack Bauer into his team after Jack had 'helped' Tony escape FBI custody. However he senses that Jack and Tony were not loyal to him and pulls a gun on Jack, forcing Tony to kill him before he could shoot Jack and hand Matobo over to Nichols (Dubaku's assistant). Tony shoots Emerson in the arm, and when Emerson attempts to shoot back, Tony shoots him in the neck, eventually killing him.
- Brian Gedge, played by Warren Kole, is a Secret Service agent assigned to protect first gentleman Henry Taylor. He was aligned with Dubaku, as was Edward Vossler. Gedge drugs Henry Taylor and murders Samantha (Roger Taylor's girlfriend) intending to frame Henry Taylor. When Taylor found this out and recovers from being drugged, he manages to overpower and strangle Gedge to his death.
- Ryan Burnett, played by Eyal Podell, was the Chief of Staff for Senator Blaine Mayer who was instrumental in disbanding the Counter Terrorist Unit before Day 7. He was also secretly working for the genocidal General Benjamin Juma, and was set up by Juma to betray Iké Dubaku and tie off the latter's conspiracy from the early part of Day 7 if it failed. After Juma's attack failed, Jack goes to interrogate Burnett again at the hospital. The assassin incapacitates Jack and Burnett with a nerve gas, and then slits Burnett's throat, framing Jack for his death.
- Cara Bowden, played by Amy Price-Francis, was a co-conspirator working under Alan Wilson. After Hodges was taken into custody after failing to launch the bio-weapon, she impersonates Hodges' attorney and smuggles in a suicide capsule, demanding on behalf of the other conspirators that Hodges commit suicide in order to protect their interests including Wilson, or they will kill Hodges' family. Cara is later revealed to be romantically involved with Tony, and together they lead an attempt to launch another attack with the last remaining canister of the pathogen. She negotiates a meeting between Wilson and Tony, the latter wishing for a more involved part within the conspiracy. This was a guise however, and Tony was actually using Cara to get close enough to Wilson in order to kill him and avenge Michelle's death, and as a result Cara is double-crossed and killed by Tony.
- Mikhail Novakovich (Михаил Новакович), played by Graham McTavish, is the Russian Foreign Minister. He was a key conspirator who helped facilitate President Hassan's kidnapping and execution. He got a Kamistani splinter cell to kidnap Omar Hassan and kill him so they would get out of the peace treaty. Hassan was murdered by Samir Mehran and Mehran was killed by Jack Bauer when CTU raids their secret location. Pavel Tokarev, an assassin working for Novakovich, reported to Novakovich that Renee Walker might have recognized him where Hassan was assassinated and asked if he should kill her and Jack Bauer. Novakovich was against killing the two, so he called his superior Russian President Yuri Suvarov, and then he permitted Renee and Jack's murder to happen. Tokarev then successfully killed Renee but not Jack. Jack later found out from Charles Logan that Novakovich hired Tokarev to kill Renee, so he burst into Novakovich's office and killed him and his guards. When Logan learned about Novakovich's death, he warned Suvarov the plot is fallen apart.
- Pavel Tokarev (Павел Токарев) played by Joel Bissonnette, is a diplomatic attache and secret assassin working for Mikhail Novakovich. To cut the last remaining link between the Russians and the murder of President Omar Hassan Tokarev, disguised as a paramedic, administers a lethal injection to the wounded Samir Mehran, causing him to have a fatal heart attack soon after. At the scene he recognises Renee Walker as a former undercover agent with the Red Square crime syndicate and, fearing she may have recognised him, he convinces a reluctant Novakovich to allow him to murder her and Jack Bauer. He follows them to Bauer's apartment and from an adjacent building shoots Renee with a sniper's rife. Renee dies soon after. Pavel later meets with Novakovich and Charles Logan, who promises that Jason Pillar, his man in CTU, will alert him to Bauer's whereabouts allowing him to murder Bauer. When Bauer is sighted at a shopping mall, Bauer kills all of Tokarev's operatives and his friend Jim Ricker takes Tokarev himself hostage. Jack brutally tortures Tokarev, who refuses to give up any information, until Jack realises that Tokarev swallowed the SIM card from his cell phone and cuts it out of his stomach, killing him in the process. On the SIM Jack discovers that the last person Tokarev had spoken to was Charles Logan.
The following are minor characters (mostly neutral) not associated with CTU, government, or terrorist/mercenary cells.
- Janet York (played by Jacqui Maxwell) is one of Kim Bauer's high school friends. She and Kim sneak out of their houses to meet with two guys, Dan Mounts (Janet's boyfriend) and Rick Allen, who are actually kidnappers. They drug Janet with rohypnol, break her arm, and eventually leave her for dead after she is hit by a car. She is eventually murdered in her hospital bed by Kevin Carroll, the man who impersonates her father.
- Martin Belkin, portrayed by Rudolf Martin, is a world-renowned photographer hired to take pictures of David Palmer on the day of the California Presidential Primary. Flying in to Los Angeles, Mandy seduces him, takes his wallet and identification, and then causes the plane to crash while escaping with a parachute. Belkin's ID is later used by Ira Gaines's henchman Jonathon, who has plastic surgery to be an imposter.
- Keith Palmer is the son of David and Sherry Palmer and older brother to Nicole Palmer. He was played by Vicellous Reon Shannon. Information comes to light that suggests Keith may have killed a man named Lyle Gibson, who had raped Keith's sister Nicole. The journalist Maureen Kingsley seems likely to release this story, until she is blackmailed and her source, Keith's psychiatrist, Dr. George Farragamo, is murdered. Keith tapes his father's associate, Carl Webb, confessing to responsibility for the murder of Farragamo, and helps his father come clean about the incident and the cover-ups.
- Nicole Palmer (played by Megalyn Echikunwoke) is the daughter of David and Sherry Palmer and younger sister to Keith Palmer.
- Dr. Phil Parslow (played by Vincent Angell) is a surgeon and friend of Teri Bauer. They dated during Teri's separation from Jack, and Parslow still has feelings for her. When Teri temporarily loses her memory, he tries to cure her, and takes her home. Suspecting that she has been abused by Jack, Parslow places the house under guard. When the house is attacked by terrorists, he is shot, but survives.
- Yusuf Auda (played by Donnie Keshawarz) is an Intelligence officer from an unnamed Arab country. Auda is sent to Los Angeles CTU by his government, after Syed Ali is detained but he is frozen out of the investigation as CTU did not trust him. After being caught tailing Jack Bauer and Kate Warner, they enlist in his help. Later on Jack becomes separated from Kate and Auda, who being of Middle Eastern decent, is attacked and beaten to death by angry racist civilians during civil unrest following the detonation of the nuclear bomb. His final act is to inform Jack of the location of a computer chip containing vital intelligence.
- Carla Matheson (played by Tracy Middendorf) is Kim Bauer's employer and the mother of Megan Matheson. She urges Kim to flee with Megan to protect her, and is then murdered by her husband, Gary. Kim and her boyfriend Miguel are arrested when Carla's body is discovered in Gary's car, which Kim and Miguel had stolen to escape Los Angeles, although the police later discover that Gary was the murderer.
- Gary Matheson (played by Billy Burke) is Kim Bauer's employer and an abusive, violent man. After Kim flees with Megan, Gary murders his wife, Carla, and pursues Kim and Megan. Gary attacks Kim and tries to snatch Megan back at the hospital, but Kim's boyfriend Miguel intervenes and knocks Gary out in a brawl in the car park, enabling Kim and Megan to escape. Later on, when Gary attempts to kill Kim in his house, she knocks him out, grabs his gun and kills him.
- Megan Matheson (played by Skye McCole Bartusiak) is the abused daughter of the Mathesons. Kim Bauer runs away with Megan to save her from her father's abuse, and tries, with her boyfriend Miguel, to save Megan from the threatened nuclear attack. Megan is later taken by her aunt to Santa Barbara, California, a safe distance from Los Angeles.
- Miguel, played by Innis Casey, is Kim Bauer's boyfriend. Miguel helps Kim and Megan escape Gary in the hospital, though they are arrested as murder suspects when Carla Matheson's body is discovered in the trunk of Gary's car. While he and Kim are being transported in a police car, he starts a fire, causing the car to crash. He is seriously injured and ultimately has to have his right leg amputated, after which he tells Kim that he is breaking up with her.
- Lonnie McRae, played by Kevin Dillon, is a survivalist that lives alone in the wilderness. Lonnie attempts to trick Kim Bauer into believing that the threatened nuclear bomb has actually detonated and destroyed Los Angeles. After she discovers his ploy, she insists on leaving; he apologizes, and gives her a revolver to protect herself from cougars in the mountains.
- Reza Naiyeer, played by Phillip Rhys, is the fiancée of Marie Warner, Kate Warner investigates Reza, as she believes he could be a terrorist. Reza aides CTU in their investigations but is killed by Marie Warner when he discovers she has been funding terrorism.
- Bob Warner, played by John Terry, is the head of a multi-national corporation and the father of Kate and Marie Warner. His company's financial records are linked to the terrorist Syed Ali, casting suspicion on first Reza Nayieer (Bob's employee and Marie's fiancée), and then Bob, before it is revealed that Marie is the culprit.
- Kyle Singer (played by Riley Smith) provides for his family by smuggling cocaine from Hector Salazar's business into the U.S. from Mexico. Jack Bauer and Chase Edmunds track Kyle and sent HAZMAT units over to the Singer's home in order to apprehend the cocaine, which they believe contains the Cordilla virus, but is later revealed to be silicone. He is then assumed to be carrying the virus, but is later proven to be fine when no trace of the virus was found in his system.
- Luis Annicon (played by Carlos Gomez) is Ramon Salazar's district attorney he is assigned to. Annicon has a grudge against Salazar for killing his wife and children. He is killed when Salazar blackmailed a prison guard to kill him.
- Claudia Hernandez (played by Vanessa Ferlito) is Hector Salazar's girlfriend, and was the secret lover of Jack Bauer when he was on an undercover operation in Mexico, prior to the start of Season 3. Bauer promises that he can help get Hernandez as well as her father and brother out of Mexico if she assists him. Hernandez complies and helps to free Chase Edmunds from his captors, but is killed during the escape.
- Alan Milliken (portrayed by Albert Hall) is one of President David Palmer's longest financial supporters, portrayed by Albert Hall. Alan attempts to use his influence with David Palmer to have Wayne Palmer fired, after learning that Wayne and Alan's wife, Julia Milliken, had had an affair. He tells Palmer that if he does not comply, he will derail an important upcoming health care bill, prompting Palmer to call in his ex-wife Sherry to uncover dirt which can be used against Milliken. During a confrontation between Alan, Julia, and Sherry, Alan has a heart attack, and at Sherry's behest Julia withholds his medication, leading to his death. Later, facing indictment for her husband's murder, Julia shoots Sherry dead and then commits suicide. Horrified by his links to three deaths, Palmer withdraws from the presidential election.
- Julia Milliken (portrayed by Gina Torres) is the wife of Alan Milliken, one of President David Palmer's most important and influential supporters. Julia begins a year-long affair with Wayne Palmer while her husband is recovering from a stroke. During a tense confrontation, Julia and Sherry withhold medication from Alan Milliken, who dies as a result. After confessing her role to the police, Julia shot Sherry Palmer and committed suicide.
- Jane Saunders (played by Alexandra Lydon) is the daughter of MI6 agent-turned terrorist Stephen Saunders and one of the few people who knew he had survived the mission to eliminate Victor Drazen in Operation Nightfall over six years earlier. CTU takes Jane into custody in order to use her as leverage against her father, who eventually gave up when Jack threatened to infect her with the virus.
- Paul Raines, played by James Frain, is the estranged husband of Audrey Raines. After CTU discovers Paul's name on the lease of the building where the terrorist attacks are planned, Jack suspects that Paul might be involved with the terrorists. He uses electrical torture to interrogate Paul, who ultimately cooperates with Jack to make up for his inadvertent assistance to terrorists. After being injured from a bullet, he dies when Bauer forces doctors to operate on Lee Jong instead of Paul.
- Richard Heller (played by Logan Marshall-Green) is the son of Secretary of Defense James Heller and the younger brother of Audrey Raines. He is brought into CTU for interrogation, during which they learn that he made a call to Habib Marwan. He later admits that a man and a woman came to his house, and the woman must have made the call while he was in bed with the man. The information Richard provided leads to capture of Mandy.
- Andrew Paige (played by Lukas Haas) is a friend and former classmate of Chloe O'Brian. Andrew was downloading software when he stumbled onto several internet nodes which had been compromised. When Marwan learns about him, he is abducted, later to be rescued by Jack Bauer.
- Maya Driscoll is the schizophrenic teenage daughter of Erin Driscoll, played by Angela Goethals. She is hospitalized at CTU during Day Four, and commits suicide.
- Dr. Marc Besson, played by Thomas Vincent Kelly, is a doctor in seasons 4 and 5. In season 4, he is forced by Jack Bauer to interrupt an operation on Paul Raines in order to save the life of witness Lee Jong. In season 5, he treats, and is knocked unconscious by, Tony Almeida.
- Diane Huxley, played by Connie Britton, is Jack Bauer's landlady/girlfriend, while he is living under the pseudonym of Frank Flynn.
- Derek Huxley, played by Brady Corbet, Diane's son. He later learns that Frank Flynn is really Jack Bauer. Though initially antagonistic towards Jack, the two part on friendly terms.
- Evelyn Martin, played by Sandrine Holt, is First Lady Martha Logan's personal assistant. She is allegedly killed along with her daughter by Christopher Henderson after being coerced into giving Jack's location, although it isn't shown on screen.
- Anya Suvarov (Аня Суваров), played by Kathleen Gati is the wife of Yuri Suvarov and a friend of Martha Logan. She convinces President Suvarov to intervene in the crisis involving the Russian embassy.
- Jenny McGill, played by Penny Balfour, is the drug addicted sister of Lynn McGill, whose wallet is stolen by Jenny's boyfriend Dwayne. Dwayne's plan is to sell his key-card to a man named Ostroff, not knowing that he is a terrorist working for Vladimir Bierko. Ostroff executes both Jenny and Dwayne after receiving the key-card.
- Miles Papazian, played by Stephen Spinella, is the assistant to Karen Hayes who erases the recording connecting President Logan with Christopher Henderson in exchange for a White House position.
- Ray Wallace, played by Raphael Sbarge, is the father of Ahmed Amar's classmate Scott. After Ahmed takes hostage of his family, he delivers a package. When the CTU locates the bomb and Ray, the bomb is detonated, instantly killing him.
- Rita Brady, played by Missy Crider, is the girlfriend of Darren McCarthy. She kills the latter for money before she is killed by Abu Fayed.
- Sandra Palmer, played by Regina King, is the sister of Presidents Wayne Palmer and David Palmer. Palmer is an attorney working for Walid Al-Rezani, with whom she is also romantically involved, and keeps vigil beside her brother after he became comatose.
- Walid Al-Rezani, played by Harry Lennix, is the regional director of the Islamic-American Alliance, who was detained by the FBI. When agreeing to spy on the other inmates, they were proven innocent, however when they discovered he was a spy, he was assaulted and needed to be hospitalized.
- Marilyn Bauer, played by Rena Sofer, is the wife of Graem Bauer and sister-in-law of Jack Bauer. After Graem's arrest, Marilyn and her son Josh are taken back to CTU for debriefing. Several hours later, when CTU is infiltrated by the Chinese terrorists, the Chinese threaten to kill Marilyn unless Josh surrenders himself. It is also revealed that Marilyn had a relationship with Jack prior to her marriage.
- Josh Bauer (played by Evan Ellingson) is the son of Marilyn and Graem Bauer. During the season he is repeatedly kidnapped by Phillip Bauer and is used as leverage over Jack. In the finale Josh is taken to an oil rig where it is arranged for him to be taken to China by Phillip. In anger over all that happened, he holds his grandfather at gunpoint and is about to kill him but is dissuaded by his uncle Jack. He is rescued from the oil rig before it is destroyed by the F-18s.
- Carlton "Carl" Benton, played by Robert Carlyle, is a former special forces member and guardian of a school for rescued Sangalan children. He served with Jack 10 years prior to the rebellion, granting him shelter at the school. Benton discovers that General Juma intended to raid his school and kidnap the children to bolster his armed forces. He pleads for Jack's help to protect them. After Jack is taken prisoner, Benton kills several of Juma's militiamen, helping Jack escape. Later while escorting the children to the capital for evacuation one of the children, Willie loses his scarf. When Willie goes back for it he almost steps on a landline and is saved by Benton who manages to push Willie out of the way, triggering the mine himself. Realising that he cannot be saved, Benton urges Jack to continue evacuating the children to safety while he remains behind. Later Benton lures a rebel contingent led by Ike Dubaku to himself before taking his foot off the mine, killing himself and many of the rebels in the process. However, Dubaku survives. Jack mentions him in 4:00-5:00 PM hour of season 7
- Roger Taylor, played by Eric Lively, was the son of Allison and Henry Taylor. He became the First Son when his mother, a Senator and President-elect, was inaugurated as President during Redemption. He was murdered by Brian Gedge before Day 7 after uncovering a conspiracy within his mother's government. The murder was manipulated to look like a suicide.
- Chris Whitley, played by Kris Lemche, is a financial broker with a history of prescription drug abuse. He is ordered by his boss, Nichols, to destroy company records. He investigates further, discovering that the account holder is on the terrorist watch list. He pleads with his friend Roger Taylor for help, but is interrogated and killed by two men working for Jonas Hodges.
- Henry Taylor, played by Colm Feore, Henry Taylor was the First Gentleman of the United States during Redemption and Day 7 after his wife, Allison Taylor was sworn in as the first female President. He was kidnapped by Iké Dubaku in an attempt to force his wife to remove her troops from Sangala, and shot in the process. He was saved by Jack Bauer who helped him and brought him to a hospital where he underwent surgery. Six hours later, he seemed to be stable and was able to talk to his wife. He was very glad to know that Olivia had agreed to come back. He was later relocated to the White House. After Olivia's arrest, the press coverage led to their divorce.
- Ule Matobo, played by Isaach De Bankolé, is the former Prime Minister of the fictional African nation, Sangala. He is said to have single handedly fought genocide in his country against General Juma and Colonel Dubaku. He is kidnapped by David Emerson with help from Jack and Tony. Dubaku ordered Emerson to kidnap him and his wife, so he could reveal his allies in Sangala. Jack and Tony reveal their true allegiance to Matobo, and ask him to deliver himself and his wife into Dubaku's hands so they can track him back to Dubaku. He is rescued by Jack, Bill, Tony and Agent Walker. He is currently back in charge of Sangala following the successful invasion, as Juma was in America commencing his threat, weakening his control.
- Marika Donoso, played by Enuka Okuma, is Ike Dubaku's girlfriend. She does not know who Dubaku really is because he gave her an alias name. Marika is about to leave with Dubaku for Belize, but Jack and Agent Walker show up at her house and tell her who Dubaku really is. Jack convinces her to go along with Dubaku so they can track her and follow her back to him. A visibly upset Dubaku learns that she turned on him, and destroys the tracker but still asks her to come with him and she agrees. With the FBI in pursuit, Marika took control of the wheel and crashed the car with Dubaku and herself still inside. She dies on the scene after being pulled out by Agent Walker.
- Michael Latham, played by John Billingsley,was the designer of Homeland Security's Firewall Project. Latham was kidnapped by a group of terrorists led by former CTU agent Tony Almeida. Latham was taken to Almeida's workstation where he was forced to "fix" a device for the terrorists so they could get past the Firewall Project which he designed. Latham was removed from the custody of Tony's crew aboard the ship by the conspirator David Emerson, who brought him to 546 Adams where Iké Dubaku and Mr. Nichols were waiting.When Dubaku's location was discovered, Dubaku had Latham wired with explosives under threat of killing his family. As Jack, Buchanan, and Tony walked into the room where Latham was, he apologized but was killed when Dubaku's bomb exploded.
- Samantha Roth, played by Carly Pope, was the girlfriend of Roger Taylor during the events of Redemption. Henry Taylor suspected her guilty of knowing something regarding the murder of Roger, and his inspection of the case led to her death. She was stabbed in the back by Gedge.
- Olivia Taylor, played by Sprague Grayden, was the daughter of President Allison Taylor and Henry Taylor. She was estranged from her family for some time prior to Day 7 after she leaked damaging personal information about President Daniels to the press and almost lost her mother the election. She was held hostage by General Juma but rescued by Jack and Aaron. She is later offered a position by the President as an advisor, a position she accepts to the dismay of Ethan Kanin with whom she has bad relations. After Kanin quits as the Chief of Staff because of Senator Mayer's murder and Jack's alleged involvement in it, Olivia leaks this information to the press. She also orders the murder of Jonas Hodges from a contract killer. She later calls it off, however it is futile, since Hodges is murdered anyway. Later on she is discovered to be complicit in Hodges' murder after Aaron Pierce and Ethan Kanin retrieve a recording of Olivia's conversation with the contact who arranged for the murder. Her mother then decides to turn her into the authorities rather than cover the crime up. During Day 8 President Taylor reveals that Olivia has been sent to prison and this is one of the reasons that her father is divorcing her mother.
- Wiki 24 - an in-depth coverage of the 24 universe without general interest encyclopedic restrictions.
- ^ ""24" Resets the clock". The Futon Critic. September 19, 2007. http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news.aspx?id=20070919fox01. Retrieved 2008-08-13.
- ^ Eddie Izzard biography at the IMDb
Days Merchandise Government agentsJack Bauer · Kim Bauer · Nina Myers · Aaron Pierce · Tony Almeida · George Mason · Milo Pressman · Ryan Chappelle · Michelle Dessler · Chase Edmunds · Chloe O'Brian · Curtis Manning · Edgar Stiles · Bill Buchanan · Morris O'Brian · Nadia Yassir · Renee Walker · Arlo Glass · Cole Ortiz · Dana Walsh · Minor agents Antagonists Presidents Government officials Supporting characters Other
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
List of minor characters from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy — The following is a list of minor characters in the various versions of The Hitchhiker s Guide to the Galaxy , by Douglas Adams.AgrajagAgrajag is a constantly reincarnated entity who ends up being killed multiple times by Arthur Dent. First… … Wikipedia
List of minor characters of Scrubs — The following are a list of minor characters from the American comedy drama Scrubs . Recurring charactersThese cast members have appeared in numerous episodes but remain credited as guest stars. Jordan Sullivan Ted Buckland Keith Dudemeister Dr.… … Wikipedia
List of minor characters in the StarCraft series — In addition to the main characters, the StarCraft series also has a significant roster of supporting characters. These characters are usually main characters in their prospective source, for example Michael Liberty is the central character to and … Wikipedia
List of minor characters in Judge Dredd — This is a list of minor characters in the British comic strip Judge Dredd appearing in 2000 AD, Judge Dredd Megazine and related publications. They are listed alphabetically by surname, in categories. Contents 1 Judges of Mega City One 1.1 … Wikipedia
List of minor characters in Dilbert — This is a list of minor characters from the Dilbert comic strip. =Accounting trolls= Sadistic trolls from the accounting department whose bodies are 95% saliva. As Dogbert shows, their brains are so hard wired that seeing someone wearing a… … Wikipedia
List of minor characters on South Park — The following is a list of minor characters on South Park . This does not include the school children, family members, townsfolk, or the school staff.BradleyBradley was Butters roommate at a gay conversion camp in Cartman Sucks . Bradley has a… … Wikipedia
List of minor characters on My Name Is Earl — This is a list of minor characters that have appeared at least twice on the NBC sitcom My Name Is Earl . Information on characters that have appeared only once can be found in the episode articles that they are featured in. DidiPlayed by Tracy… … Wikipedia
List of minor characters in the Teen Titans animated series — This is a list of minor characters created specifically for the Cartoon Network animated series Teen Titans . AlliesChu Hui* Voice Actor: Takayo FischerChu Hui is known as the True Master , a legendary martial arts master despite her appearance… … Wikipedia
List of minor characters in V for Vendetta — The following is a list of minor characters within V for Vendetta . Main characters Evey Hammond See main article V (character) See main article Norsefire Adam James Susan The Founder/Leader of The Party. He is named Adam Sutler in the film.… … Wikipedia
List of minor characters in Saved by the Bell — Below is a list of minor characters from the TV show Saved by the Bell , many of whom only appeared in one or two episodes.Lieutenant Chet AdamsPlayed by Cylk Cozart, Lieutenant Chet Adams appeared in season two during the episode Zack s War as… … Wikipedia