- Christopher Burge
Chris Burge Born May 26, 1968  Institutions Massachusetts Institute of Technology Alma mater Stanford University Doctoral advisor Samuel Karlin Known for GENSCAN Notable awards Overton Prize
He completed his Bachelor of Science at Stanford University in 1990, and continued graduate studies in computational biology at Stanford University, gaining his PhD in 1997 under the supervision of Samuel Karlin. During his time at Stanford he was responsible for developing algorithms for GENSCAN used in gene prediction for example the initial analysis of the Human Genome Project. From 1997 to 1999 he worked as a postdoc in the laboratory of Phillip Allen Sharp. In 2001 he was awarded the Overton Prize for Computational Biology by the International Society for Computational Biology.
- ^ a b http://genes.mit.edu/burgelab/CBurgeCV.pdf Christopher Burge CV
- ^ a b Burge, C.; Karlin, S. (1997). "Prediction of complete gene structures in human genomic DNA". Journal of Molecular Biology 268 (1): 78–94. doi:10.1006/jmbi.1997.0951. PMID 9149143.
- ^ a b Burge, C.; Karlin, S. (1998). "Finding the genes in genomic DNA". Current opinion in structural biology 8 (3): 346–354. PMID 9666331.
- ^ a b http://www.iscb.org/iscb-awards/overton-prize Overton prize winners
- ^ http://genes.mit.edu/burgelab/cburge.html Burge laboratory
- ^ Lander, Eric S.; Linton, M. .; Birren, B. .; Nusbaum, C. .; Zody, C. .; Baldwin, J. .; Devon, K. .; Dewar, K. . et al. (Feb 2001). "Initial sequencing and analysis of the human genome". Nature 409 (6822): 860–921. doi:10.1038/35057062. ISSN 0028-0836. PMID 11237011.
- ^ Burge, C.; Padgett, R.; Sharp, P. (1998). "Evolutionary fates and origins of U12-type introns". Molecular cell 2 (6): 773–785. doi:10.1016/S1097-2765(00)80292-0. PMID 9885565.
- ^ Rhoades, M. W.; Reinhart, B. J.; Lim, L. P.; Burge, C. B.; Bartel, B.; Bartel, D. P. (2002). "Prediction of Plant MicroRNA Targets". Cell 110 (4): 513–520. doi:10.1016/S0092-8674(02)00863-2. PMID 12202040.
- ^ http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?term=burge%20cb Christopher Burge publications in PubMed
- ^ http://www.biomedexperts.com/Profile.bme/172484/Christopher_B_Burge Chris Burge profile in BiomedExperts
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Christopher H. Whittle — Christopher H. Whittle, Ph.D. is an educator, paleontologist and has published on a wide variety of topics including the development of paranormal beliefs, learning from popular television, museum studies, and dinosaur paleontology (Nedcolbertia … Wikipedia
Christopher McKivat — Chris McKivat Wallaby Tourist 1908 Full name Christopher Hobart McKivat Date of birth 27 November 1882 … Wikipedia
Christopher Lee — Pour les articles homonymes, voir Lee. Christopher Lee … Wikipédia en Français
Christopher Kolumbus — Christoph Kolumbus – Gemälde von Sebastiano del Piombo (1529–1530) Currier and Ives: Landung in Amerika Christoph Kolumbus ( … Deutsch Wikipedia
Christopher Chessun — The Rt Revd Christopher Chessun MA(Oxon) Bishop of Southwark Church Church of England … Wikipedia
Christopher Hill (bishop) — The Rt Revd Christopher Hill MTh BD Bishop of Guildford Church Church of England … Wikipedia
Jon Burge — Infobox Person name = Jon Graham Burge caption = birth date = birth date and age|mf=yes|1947|12|20 birth place = city state|Chicago|Illinois death date = death place = other names = known for = police brutality occupation = Police Commander… … Wikipedia
Overton Prize — The Overton Prize is an annual prize is awarded for outstanding accomplishment to a scientist in the early to mid stage of his or her career who has already made a significant contribution to the field of computational biology either through… … Wikipedia
Chris Halliwell — Christopher Perry Halliwell Charmed character Drew Fuller as Chris First appearance … Wikipedia
Charmed — Genre Supernatural drama Dramedy Fantasy Action Hor … Wikipedia