- China Low Carbon Forum
China Low Carbon Forum is high-level forum on low carbon economy or sustainable development in China. The forum is jointly launched by several institutions and think tanks at both central and local government levels, such as Department of Macroeconomic Research, Development Research Center of the State Council. The forum aims to bring together the nation’s top policy makers, scholars, and business leaders to address the challenges of a low-carbon economy for the world’s fastest developing country. Against the backdrop of global warming, the forum is designed to promote energy-saving and carbon emission reduction in China. The China Low Carbon Forum is an annual event. The inaugural forum will be held at the Baiyun International Convention Center in Guangzhou from November 28 to 30. During a press release session held in Oct 18, the Organizing Committee announced that Nobel Prize Laureate James Mirrlees would attend the forum as a keynote speaker.
- Department of Macroeconomics Research, the Development Research Center of the State Council;
- Division of the Almanac of China’s Economy, the Development Research Center of the State Council;
- Low Carbon Research Center, Association of China Macroeconomic Research;
- Association of China Environmental Studies;
- Development Research Center of Guangdong Provincial Government;
- Academy of Social Sciences, Guangdong Province;
- Association of China environmental Studies, Guangdong Province.
Guangzhou Zhongjian Media
- Center for Environment Development Research, Ministry of Environment Protection of P.R.C
- CDM Center, Institute of Energy, National Development and Reform Committee
- Institute of Economic Research, Ministry of Science and Technology
Issues to be addressed
- Direction and requirement of the development of China’s low carbon industry as reflected in the 12th Five Year Plan.
- China’s policies regarding energy saving and emission reduction.
- Problems and trend of carbon trading development in China.
- The formulation of carbon emission criteria and its current situation.
- Sustainable urban development in China.
- Design of low carbon industrial park, energy-saving and emission-reducing in Chinese citie
- Opportunities, problems in the development of China’s distributed energy and solutions.
- Energy performance contracting mode.
- Innovation in financing through future orders by companies.
- Guangdong Province’s objective, policy and measure in energy-saving and emission reducing during the 12th Five Year Plan period.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
China Carbon Forum — (CCF) is a non profit organisation which aims to facilitate stakeholder dialogue in the climate change sector in the People’s Republic of China (PRC), including environmental policy and the renewables, clean tech and Clean Development Mechanism… … Wikipedia
Low carbon power — comes from sources that produce fewer greenhouse gases than do traditional means of power generation. It includes zero carbon power generation sources, such as wind power and solar power, as well as sources with lower level emissions such as… … Wikipedia
Carbon neutrality — Carbon neutral redirects here. For other uses, see Carbon neutral (disambiguation). Part of a series on Green economics … Wikipedia
Carbon tax — Part of a series on Green economics Concepts … Wikipedia
china — /chuy neuh/, n. 1. a translucent ceramic material, biscuit fired at a high temperature, its glaze fired at a low temperature. 2. any porcelain ware. 3. plates, cups, saucers, etc., collectively. 4. figurines made of porcelain or ceramic material … Universalium
China — /chuy neuh/, n. 1. People s Republic of, a country in E Asia. 1,221,591,778; 3,691,502 sq. mi. (9,560,990 sq. km). Cap.: Beijing. 2. Republic of. Also called Nationalist China. a republic consisting mainly of the island of Taiwan off the SE coast … Universalium
Carbon monoxide poisoning — This article is about carbon monoxide poisoning. For general information on carbon monoxide, see carbon monoxide. Carbon monoxide poisoning Classification and external resources Spacefilling model of a carbon monoxide molecule … Wikipedia
China — This article is about the People s Republic of China. For the state commonly known as Taiwan, see the Republic of China. For other uses, see China (disambiguation). PRC redirects here. For other uses, see PRC (disambiguation). People … Wikipedia
Climate Vulnerable Forum — The Climate Vulnerable Forum (blue = fo … Wikipedia
Debate over China's economic responsibilities for climate change mitigation — Main article: Climate change in China This article documents the debate over China s economic responsibilities for climate change mitigation and mitigation of climate change in China. Both internationally and within the People s Republic of China … Wikipedia