- Chessman (wrestler)
Chessman during the Guerra de Titanes (2009) event.
Ring name(s) Chessman
Billed height 1.83 m (6 ft 0 in) Billed weight 105 kg (230 lb) Born July 2, 1975 
Villa Nicolás Romero, Mexico State, Mexico
Resides Villa Nicolás Romero, Mexico State, Mexico Trained by El Canek
Debut July 3, 1996
Kevin Citlali Zamora (born June 2, 1975) is a Mexican professional wrestler, better known under his ring name Chessman. He currently performs for Asistencia Asesoría y Administración (AAA), where he is one half of the current AAA World Tag Team Champions with partner Abyss. Throughout his career, Chessman has been a part of several factions, such as The Black Family, Lucha Libre Latina (LLL), La Secta Cibernetica, La Secta del Mesías and Los Hell Brothers. Chessman has been associated with Cibernético and Charly Manson in one way or the other throughout most of his career, either teaming with them or wrestling against them. He is the current AAA's Rey de Reyes, this is his first single major achievement after almost ten years on the company
Professional wrestling career
After training with Lucha Libre legend El Canek and the father of the Casas family Pepe Casas (father of Negro Casas, Heavy Metal and El Felino), Zamora made his debut on July 3, 1995 working as an Enmascarado (the Mexican term for a masked wrestler) using the name M-357, which was inspired by the .357 Magnum revolver cartridge. In 1996, he renamed himself Magnum, which was again inspired by the same gun cartridge. In 1998, he completely changed his character and became Quinto Elemento (Spanish for "Fifth Element"). In 2000, he changed his character once again, this time working unmasked but instead with is face painted red and black, using the name Chessman and adopting a Goth-inspired look. The name came from famous criminal Caryl Chessman and the red face paint was supposed to symbolize the blood of his many victims.
The Black Family
In 2001 Chessman made his debut AAA debut as part of a new stable called the Black Family alongside its leader Charly Manson, Ozz, Escoria and Cuervo. the Black Family soon became a part of Lucha Libre Latina (LLL), the Mexican version of the New World Order, a group led by Chessman's long time friend Cibernético. Even though they were part of a much larger group the Black Family still worked as a unit, a stable within the stable.
The Black Family made their first major show appearance at Verano de Escandalo (2001) where they lost an elimination match to Los Vatos Locos (Espiritu, Nygma, Silver Cat and Picudo), also in the match were Los Vipers (Psicosis II, Histeria, Maniaco and Mosco de la Merced) and Los Exoticos. the team did not make another major show appearance until a year later when they unsuccessfully challenged Los Vatos Locos for the Mexican National Atómicos Championship at Verano de Escandalo (2002). that challenge was the first of many as the Black Family began chasing the Atómicos title and feuding with Los Vatos Locos. On April 19, 2002 Chessman teamed up with fellow LLL stable mate Electroshock to defeat the team of La Parka, Jr. and Mascara Sagrada to win the Mexican National Tag Team Championship. when Los Vatos Locos lost the titles to someone else in late 2002 the Black Family started to target the new champions Oscar Sevilla and Los Barrio Boys (Alan, Billy Boy and Decnnis). When Charly Manson returned to action he sided with Los Vipers instead of the Black Family leading to a match at Guerra de Titanes 2002 where the Black Family defeated Manson, Histeria, Mosco de la Merced, and Psicosis II. On July 18, 2003 the Black Family won their first championship as a unit when they defeated Oscar Sevilla and Los Barrio Boys for the Atómicos title, but their run only lasted 31 days before Sevilla and Los Barrio Boys regained the titles. Chessman's run of bad luck continued as Octagón and La Parka won the Mexican National Tag Team titles from Chessman and Electroshock. the Black Family would wait over a year before they got another opportunity to hold the titles as they won them on August 20, 2004.
In 2005, Cibernético formed a new group called La Secta Cibernetica that included his friends Charly Manson and Chessman and through Chessman's membership the Black Family was also invited to join this new super group. The group assisted Cibernético in his fight with La Parka (the AAA version), being unable to prevent him from being unmasked at TripleMania XII. Later in the year Muerta Cibernetica was brought in to get revenge on La Parka. When Cibernético suffered a severe knee injury Muerta Cibernetica took over the group and kicked Cibernético out. Chessman teamed up with Tiffany to win the AAA World Mixed Tag Team Championship on September 16, 2003 from Chessman's former tag team partner Electroshock and Lady Apache. The team held the Mixed titles until Gran Apache and Faby Apache defeated them for the titles on August 1, 2004 after which Chessman stopped teaming with Tiffany. Muerta Cibernetica, like Cibernético two years later, was himself unmasked by La Parka at TripleMania XIV. After holding the Atómicos titles for 789 days the Black Family lost to the Mexican Powers (Crazy Boy, Juventud Guerrera, Joe Lider and Psicosis II) on October 18, 2006. Not long after they lost the tag team titles Chessman turned Face (called "Technicó" in Mexico) and sided with Cibernético and Charly Manson to form "Los Hell Brothers"
Los Hell Brothers
When Cibernetico returned to the ring after a long absence due to injuries he formed the stable Los Hell Brothers along with longtime friends Cibérnetico and Charly Manson. The group quickly became the top technicós group due to their battles with La Secta del Mesías and Konnan's La Legión Extranjera (Foreign Legion). At Rey de Reyes (2007) Loss Hell Brothers defeated Muerta Cibernetica, Scott Steiner and Kenzo Suzuki. at the annual TripleMania, TripleMania XV, Los Hell Brothers were once again successful in their fight against La Legión Extranjera as they defeated (El Mesias, Sean Waltman, and Kenzo Suzuki in a Domo De La Muerte cage match. Because of their victory Los hell Brothers forced Kenzo Susuki to have his head shaved due to his loss. In August 2007 Chessman defeated Los Hell Brothers ally El Zorro to win the UWA World Light Heavyweight Championship. The title win was a first round match of a tournament to crown the first ever AAA World Heavyweight Champion. In the second round Chessman defeated his teammate Cibernético and earned a spot in the finals. At Verano de Escandalo (2007) Chessman faced El Mesias in the finals but lost the match due to disqualification and thus also lost his UWA title. On that same show El Zorro turned on Los Hell Brothers and joined La Legión after the team won the main event.
In December 2007, Cibernético was badly burned during a match and had to take several months off to recover. While Cibernético recovered, Chessman and Charly Manson kept wrestling La Legión but without as much success as they had initially due to a series of unfortunate incidents where Chessman would cause the team to lose accident. In the spring of 2008 Charly Manson suffered a serious injury and was forced to take some time off just as Cibernético made his return to the ring and won the AAA World Heavyweight title. At TripleMania XVI, Chessman teamed up with La Parka and Silver King in a losing effort to the La Legión team of Bobby Lashley, Electroshock and Kenzo Suzuki. when Vampiro was brought in to take Manson's place rumors of a break-up of Los Hell Brothers began circulating. the rumors seemed to be reinforced when Chessman won an elimination match to earn a shot at the AAA World Heavyweight title. At first Cibernético congratulated his partner but seemed reluctant to actually set a date for Chessman's title match. The tension came to a head in September when Cibernético came to the ring to congratulate Chessman on a recent win, Manson came to the ring to try and mediate between the two but when he could not pick sides the Hell Brothers officially disbanded.
With the split of Los Hell Brothers, Chessman became a Rudó" and the title match he earned was booked for Verano de Escandalo. On the night Cibernético was able to retain the title but not without Chessman putting up a stiff fight. Chessman was granted another shot at the world title, this way in a match that also included El Zorro. The three men faced off at the Antonio Peña Memorial Show 2008 in a Street Fight where Cibernético won by pinning El Zorro.
In late 2008, Chessman made a move to seemingly unite with his former stable the Black Family, but double-crossed them instead. Chessman turned to the Psycho Circus and together they won the National Atómicos Titles from the Black Family. Chessman's third run with the Atómicos titles ended after just 16 when AAA Commissioner Vampiro stripped Chessman and the Psycho Circus of the titles after they had attacked him the previous night. The feud with the Black Family continued into 2009 until Chessman segued into a feud with the new AAA World Champion El Mesias. The Feud with El Mesias started during a television taping where Chessman and El Mesias faced off in a wrestling match, the match got so out of hand that Chessman ended up being thrown over the side of the balcony and through a stack of tables. The show went to commercial with Chessman looking seriously injured as he received medical treatment. The following week another singles match between the two was scheduled but Chessman came out on crutches wearing a neck brace. Just as El Mesias thought Chessman was going to announce that he was too injured to wrestle Chessman attacked him with a crutch revealing that the injury was nothing but a ruse to give Chessman an advantage. At Rey de Reyes (2009) Chessman challenged El Mesias for the AAA World Heavyweight title inside a Steel Cage but lost.
On March 12, 2010 Chessman competed for and won the 2010 Rey de Reyes tournament. In the first round he outlasted La Parka, El Zorro and Octagón and in the finals he defeated Hernandez and Marco Corleone to become the 2010 Rey de Reyes. In April 2011, Chessman joined forces with Silver King and Último Gladiador to form La Maniarquía, a subgroup within La Sociedad. On June 18 at TripleManía XIX, La Maniarquía was defeated by Electroshock, Heavy Metal and Joe Líder in a Tables, Ladders and Chairs match. On September 16, Konnan rewarded Chessman by moving him back to La Legión Extranjera and naming him the group's new general. On October 9 at Héroes Inmortales, Chessman and Abyss defeated Extreme Tiger and Jack Evans in a Tables, Ladders, and Chairs match to win the AAA World Tag Team Championship.
- Finishing moves
- Signature moves
- "El Apostol de la Maldad" (Spanish for "The Bad Apostle")
- "El Asesino de la luz Roja" (Spanish for "The Red Light Assassin")
- "Dark Chessman"
- "El Asesino de la luz Negra" (Spanish for "The Black Light Assassin")
Championships and accomplishments
- AAA World Mixed Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Tiffany
- AAA World Tag Team Championship (1 time, current) – with Abyss
- Mexican National Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Electroshock
- Mexican National Atómicos Championship (3 times) – with Ozz, Escoria and Cuervo (2) and Killer Clown, Psycho Clown and Zombie Clown) (1)
- Rey de Reyes (2010)
Lucha de Apuesta record
Wager Winner Loser Location Date Notes Hair Chessman El Brazo Unknown Unknown Hair Latin Lover Chessman Naucalpan, Mexico State, Mexico September 18, 2005 [Note 1] Hair Chessman Electroshock Nuevo Laredo, Mexico September 1, 2008  Hair Chessman Electroshock Monterrey, Mexico September 26, 2009 At Heroes Inmortales III[Note 2]
- ^ a b c d e f g h i j k l m "Cagemath profile". http://www.cagematch.de/?id=2&nr=3339&name=Chessman.
- ^ a b PWI Staff (February 2009). "PWI Official Ratings". The Pro Wrestling Illustrated (London Publishing): p. 145. Vol 30, Nr. 2 2009.
- ^ a b c d "Chessman". LuchalibreAAA.com. http://luchalibreaaa.com/chessman.php. Retrieved 2011-06-22.
- ^ "Asistencia Asesoria y Administracion Verano de Escandalo 2001". ProWrestlingHistory.com. http://www.prowrestlinghistory.com/supercards/mexico/aaa/verano.html#2001. Retrieved 2009-02-19.
- ^ "Asistencia Asesoria y Administracion Verano de Escandalo 2002". ProWrestlingHistory.com. http://www.prowrestlinghistory.com/supercards/mexico/aaa/verano.html#2002. Retrieved 2009-02-19.
- ^ a b c d e f Lucha 2000 Staff (2004-12-20). "Los Reyes de Mexico: La Historia de Los Campeonatos Nacionales" (in Spanish). Lucha 2000. Especial 21.
- ^ "Asistencia Asesoria y Administracion Guerra de Titanes 2002". ProWrestlingHistory.com. http://www.prowrestlinghistory.com/supercards/mexico/aaa/guerra.html#2002. Retrieved 2009-02-19.
- ^ "Asistencia Asesoria y Administracion TripleMania XII". ProWrestlingHistory.com. http://www.prowrestlinghistory.com/supercards/mexico/aaa/triple.html#xii. Retrieved 2009-02-19.
- ^ a b SuperLuchas staff (January 5, 2003). "Número Especial - Lo mejr de la lucha ilbre mexicana durante el 2003" (in Spanish). Super Luchas. issue 40.
- ^ "Asistencia Asesoria y Administracion TripleMania XIV". ProWrestlingHistory.com. http://www.prowrestlinghistory.com/supercards/mexico/aaa/triple.html#xiv. Retrieved 2009-02-19.
- ^ SuperLuchas staff (December 23, 2006). "Lo Mejor de la Lucha Libre Mexicana duranted el 2006" (in Spanish). SuperLuchas. issue 192.
- ^ "Asistencia Asesoria y Administracion Rey de Reyes Tournament". wrestlingtitles.com. http://www.prowrestlinghistory.com/supercards/mexico/aaa/rey.html#2007. Retrieved 2009-02-19.
- ^ "Asistencia Asesoria y Administracion TripleMania". wrestlingtitles.com. http://www.prowrestlinghistory.com/supercards/mexico/aaa/triple.html#xv. Retrieved 2009-02-19.
- ^ a b c SuperLuchas staff (December 26, 2007). "2007 Lo Mejor de la Lucha Mexicana" (in Spanish). SuperLuchas. issue 244.
- ^ "Asistencia Asesoria y Administracion Verano de Escandalo". wrestlingtitles.com. http://www.prowrestlinghistory.com/supercards/mexico/aaa/verano.html#2007. Retrieved 2009-02-19.
- ^ "RESULTADOS AAA VERANO DE ESCÁNDALO (16 SEP 07)" (in Spanish). SuperLucha.net. http://superluchas.net/?p=569. Retrieved 2009-02-23.
- ^ "Halloween en AAA" (in Spanish). SuperLucha.net. http://superluchas.net/?p=565. Retrieved 2009-02-23.
- ^ "El Cibernético, al menos un mes fuera de acción" (in Spanish). SuperLucha.net. http://superluchas.net/?p=1240. Retrieved 2009-02-23.
- ^ "Resultados de AAA en Guanajuato (19-en-08)" (in Spanish). SuperLucha.net. http://superluchas.net/?p=1800. Retrieved 2009-02-23. ""Halloween venció a Chessman cuando Chessman por error tacléa a Charly Manson sobre una mesa y Halloween cubre (8'55)""
- ^ "Asistencia Asesoria y Administracion TripleMania". wrestlingtitles.com. http://www.prowrestlinghistory.com/supercards/mexico/aaa/triple.html#xvi. Retrieved 2009-02-19.
- ^ "¿Los Hell Brothers en camino a separarse?" (in Spanish). SuperLucha.net. http://superluchas.net/?p=5820. Retrieved 2009-02-23.
- ^ "Chessman gana la eliminatoria para contender por el Mega Campeonato Triple A" (in Spanish). SuperLucha.net. http://superluchas.net/?p=6025. Retrieved 2009-02-23.
- ^ "Triple A en Nuevo Laredo: Electroshock sin cabellera, oficial ruptura de los hell brothers" (in Spanish). SuperLucha.net. http://superluchas.net/?p=7007. Retrieved 2009-02-23.
- ^ "Asistencia Asesoria y Administracion Verano de Escandalo". wrestlingtitles.com. http://www.prowrestlinghistory.com/supercards/mexico/aaa/verano.html#2008. Retrieved 2009-02-19.
- ^ "AAA Misc. Cards – Pena Memorial show 2008". Pro Wrestling History. http://www.prowrestlinghistory.com/supercards/mexico/aaa/misccards.html#pena2007. Retrieved 2009-02-13.
- ^ a b SuperLuchas staff (January 6, 2008). "Lo Mejor de la Lucha Libre Mexicana 2008" (in Spanish). SuperLuchas. issue 296.
- ^ "EL CETRO ATÓMICO LO DECLARAN VACANTE". AAA official website. 2009-01-26. http://www.luchalibreaaa.com/campeonato-nacional-atomico-vacante.html. Retrieved 2009-02-26.
- ^ "AAA: Superplancha de AeroStar - Reaparece Charly Manson - Vampiro podría volver a luchar - Chessman al fin vence a El Mesías" (in Spanish). SuperLucha.net. http://superluchas.net/?p=16067. Retrieved 2009-02-23.
- ^ "Viva La Raza! #Trece: Lucha Weekly". WrestleView. http://www.wrestleview.com/news2009/1234504538.php. Retrieved 2009-02-23.
- ^ "Viva La Raza! #Catorce: Lucha Weekly". WrestleView. http://www.wrestleview.com/news2009/1235108240.php. Retrieved 2009-02-23.
- ^ "Resultados de Rey de Reyes-AAA (16 marzo 2008) Elecktroshock nuevo Rey de Reyes. Juventud Guerrera y Marco Corleone las sorpresas. Wagner se presenta en AAA para retar al Mesías." (in Spanish). SuperLucha.net. 2009-03-15. http://superluchas.net/?p=19179. Retrieved 2009-03-16.
- ^ a b "Electro Megacampeon, Chessman RdR" (in Spanish). AAA. March 13, 2010. Archived from the original on March 17, 2010. http://web.archive.org/web/20100317144244/http://www.luchalibreaaa.com/coberturaenvivordr.html. Retrieved March 13, 2010.
- ^ Ruiz Glez, Alex (May 3, 2011). "Video: Aparece "La Maniarquía" en AAA" (in Spanish). SuperLuchas Magazine. http://superluchas.net/2011/05/03/video-aparece-%E2%80%9Cla-maniarquia%E2%80%9D-en-aaa/. Retrieved May 3, 2011.
- ^ Cano Vela, Eduardo (June 17, 2011). "AAA TripleManía XIX (Cobertura y resultados 18 de junio de 2011) – Mesias pierde la cabellera, Jeff Jarrett nuevo Megacampeón, Dr. Wagner vence a RVD" (in Spanish). SuperLuchas Magazine. http://superluchas.net/2011/06/17/triplemania-xix-cobertura-y-resultados-18-de-junio-de-2011-la-park-vs-el-mesias-mascara-vs-cabellera-tna-invade-triple-a/. Retrieved June 19, 2011.
- ^ "Se confirma: Los Psycho Circus vs. Los Perros, máscaras" (in Spanish). Asistencia Asesoría y Administración. September 17, 2011. http://luchalibreaaa.com/se-confirma-los-psycho-circus-vs-los-perros-mascaras.php. Retrieved September 17, 2011.
- ^ a b Cano Vela, Eduardo (October 9, 2011). "AAA Héroes Inmortales (Cobertura y resultados 9 de Octubre de 2011) – Mesias y Sting empatan y unen sus fuerzas contra Konnan, Jarrett y sus aliados, Wagner gana pero Octagón y La Parka lo traicionan, los perros pierden las cabelleras" (in Spanish). SuperLuchas Magazine. http://superluchas.net/2011/10/09/aaa-heroes-inmortales-cobertura-y-resultados-9-de-octubre-de-2011-mesias-vs-sting/. Retrieved October 9, 2011.
- ^ PWI StaffPWI Staff (August, 2008). "Pro Wrestling Illustrated 500 - 2008: 102 Chessman". Pro Wrestling Illustrated (Blue Bell, Pennsylvania, USA: Sports and Entertainment publications LLC): p. 78. October 2008.
- ^ ""PWI 500": 101–200". Pro Wrestling Illustrated. 2010-07-31. http://prowrestlingillustrated.blogspot.com/2010/07/pwi-500-101-200.html. Retrieved 2010-07-31.
- ^ "Pierde poderes Electroshock" (in Spanish). El Mañana. http://elmanana.com.mx/notas.asp?id=76274. Retrieved 2009-02-22.
- ^ Marquina, Alva (September 26, 2009). "AAA- Héroes Inmortales III- (Resultados en vivo 26 septiembre 2009) – Cibernético gana el Trofeo Antonio Peña – Electroshock sustituye a Charly Manson contra Chessman – El luchador sorpresa fue Konan Big" (in Spanish). SuperLuchas Magazine. http://superluchas.net/2009/09/26/aaa-heroes-inmortales-homenaje-a-antonio-pena-resultados-en-vivo-26-septiembre-2009-%C2%BFque-pasara-con-la-lucha-entre-charly-manson-y-chessman-%C2%BFquien-sera-el-luchador-sorpresa/. Retrieved September 27, 2009.
AAA World Tag Team Champions IWC AAAThe Black Family (Dark Cuervo and Dark Ozz) · The Mexican Powers (Crazy Boy and Joe Líder) · La Familia de Tijuana (Halloween and Extreme Tiger) · La Hermandad 187 (Joe Lider and Nicho El Millonario) · La Legión Extranjera (Taiji Ishimori and Takeshi Morishima) · Atsushi Aoki and Go Shiozaki · Los Maniacos (Silver King and Último Gladiador) · Extreme Tiger and Jack Evans · La Legión Extranjera (Abyss and Chessman) (current)
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Chessman — may refer to: Persons Caryl Chessman (1921–1960), American criminal and author, recipient of the death penalty. Chessman (wrestler), professional wrestler with AAA Things chess piece This disambiguation page … Wikipedia
Chessman — ist der Familienname folgender Personen: Caryl Chessman (1921–1960), zum Tode verurteilter und hingerichteter Amerikaner Harriet Scott Chessman, amerikanische Schriftstellerin Chessman bezeichnet außerdem: den Ringname von Kevin Citlali Zamora,… … Deutsch Wikipedia
Abyss (wrestler) — Abyss Ring name(s) Abismo Abyss Chris Abyss Chris Justice … Wikipedia
Caryl Chessman — Caryl Whittier Chessman (May 27, 1921 – May 2, 1960) was a convicted robber and rapist who gained fame as a death row inmate in California. Chessman s case attracted worldwide attention, and as a result he became a cause célèbre for the movement… … Wikipedia
Silver King (wrestler) — For other people with a similar name, see César González (disambiguation). Silver King Ring name(s) El Invasor Silver King Dr. Wagner Jr. (Once) Black Tiger III El Bronco El Hermano de Dr. Wagner Jr. Ramses Silver Cain Billed height 1.75 m… … Wikipedia
Argenis (wrestler) — Argenis Ring name(s) Dr. Karonte, Jr, (I) Hijo del Dr Karonte Argenis Born August 13, 1986 (1986 08 13) (age 25) Mexico City, Mexico Trained by Gran Apache … Wikipedia
Latin Lover (wrestler) — See Latin Lover (TV series) for the Spanish language series. Infobox Wrestler name=Victor Manuel Resendiz Ruiz names=Latin Lover img capt= height=height|m=1.85 weight=convert|98|kg|lb st|abbr=on|lk=on birth date = birthdate and age |1967|10|25… … Wikipedia
PWI Wrestler of the Year (2009) — Anexo:PWI Wrestler of the Year (2009) Saltar a navegación, búsqueda Triple H, dos veces ganador del Wrestler of the Year. PWI Wrestler of the Year 2009 ó Premio al Luchador del año 2009 de PWI fue la trigésimo séptima entrega de los … Wikipedia Español
Abyss (Wrestler) — Abyss Vereinigte Staaten … Deutsch Wikipedia
Halloween (wrestler) — For the boxer, see Manuel Ortiz (boxer). For the Cuban fencer, see Manuel Ortíz. Halloween Ring name(s) Rocky Boy Ciclope Cyclope Halloween … Wikipedia