- Chelyabinsk Red Banner Military Aviation Institute of Navigators
Chelyabinsk Red Banner Military Aviation Institute of Navigators
One of the Tu-134UBLs used by the school
Active October 1 1936 - Country Soviet Union Branch Soviet Air Forces Garrison/HQ Chelyabinsk Equipment Li-2, Tu-134 Decorations Order of the Red Banner
The Chelyabinsk Red Banner Military Aviation Institute of Navigators is a Russian Air Force school, located in Chelyabinsk. The previous name's translation was Челябинское высшее военное авиационное краснознаменное училище штурманов им 50-летия ВЛКСМ (ЧВВАУШ).
The Chelyabinsk Higher Military Aviation School for Navigators was created on 1 October 1936, in accordance with the of the General Staff of the Red Army Directive № 4/3/34338 from 13 February 1936. It received the name "The 15th Military School of Aircraft Observers" of the normal type with a training period of 3 years. The military unit number allotted was 3858.
On 15 May 1941 the school absorbed the Krasnodar School of Rifle Fast Bombadiers, and on September 15 the same year - Pavlograd Aviation School of Rifle Fast Bombardiers.
On 25.4.43 renamed Chelyabinsk Military Aviation School of Navigators and Rifle Bombardiers of Long-Range Aviation.
On 10.8.44 renamed Chelyabinsk Military Aviation School of Navigators and Rifle Radio Operators of Long-Range Aviation.
On 6.11.44 the school was awarded the Red Banner.
During World War II the school graduated 25 groups of navigators, gunners, 18 groups wireless operators, trained about 8000 aviation professionals, and created and sent to the front five air regiments and an air squadron. 27 graduates of the school were awarded the title of Hero of the Soviet Union. Fifteen pilots from the five regiments formed in the early years of the war on the basis of the school were also awarded the title Hero of the Soviet Union, and more than two thousand graduates were awarded military medals and decorations. In June 1945, after the war, the college was transferred to a new period of training.
In November 1947 the school was renamed the Chelyabinsk Military Aviation School of Navigators and Communication Specialists of Long-Range Aviation.
In 1954 the school was subordinated to the Air Forces of the Volga-Urals Military District.
In December 1954 renamed Chelyabinsk Military Aviation School of Navigators.
15.5.59 renamed Chelyabinsk Higher Military Aviation School of Navigators.
- 604th Training Aviation Regiment (Chelyabinsk Shagol Airport, Chelyabinsk Oblast) with Li-2
- 605th Training Aviation Regiment (Kamensk-Uralskiy, Sverdlovsk Oblast) with Li-2
- 108th Training Aviation Regiment (Shadrinsk, Kurgan Oblast) with Tu-134Sh
- 604th Training Aviation Regiment (Shagol, Chelyabinsk Oblast) with An-26Sh and Tu-134Sh
- 605th Training Aviation Regiment (Kamensk-Uralskiy, Sverdlovsk Oblast) with Tu-134Sh
- 607th Training Aviation Regiment (Yuzhno-Uralskiy (Uprun), Chelyabinsk Oblast) with Tu-134Sh
In 1998 the school was renamed the Red Banner Branch of the Balashov Military Aviation Institute.
In June 2002 renamed Chelyabinsk Red Banner Military Aviation Institute of Navigators.
- Michael Holm, ChVVAUSh, accessed August 2011
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Chelyabinsk Shagol Airport — Chelyabinsk Shagol IATA: none – ICAO: none Summary Airport type Joint Location Chelyabinsk Elevation AMSL 830 ft / 253 m … Wikipedia