- Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria
Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria (CITN) Formation February 1, 1982 Headquarters Maryland, Lagos, Nigeria Region served Nigeria Official languages English President John Femi Sunday Jegede Website citn.org
The CITN was formed in February 1982 and chartered by the Federal Government of Nigeria by the enabling Act No. 76 of 1992. Members of the institute may be Accounting, Legal or other professionals who have obtained the relevant tax expertise. The institute provides training and conducts examinations to determine eligibility. The CITN offers an Advanced Diploma in International Taxation to CITN members who work in international tax. The CITN has been criticized for not providing enough training to members at subsidized rates.
The CITN cooperates with the United Kingdom-based Chartered Institute of Taxation. CITN is also affiliated with the South African Institute of Tax Practitioners and the West African Union of Tax Institutes. The CITN has a working relationship with the Association of National Accountants of Nigeria (ANAN) to promote XBRL recommendations and specifications in Nigeria. The CITN is a member of the Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria. The CITN is also a member of the International Tax Directors Forum (ITDF) and the Association of African Tax Institutes (AATI).
In the news
In March 2011 Prince Rasaq Adekunle Quadri, former President of the CITN, was elected the first President of the West African Union of Tax Institutes (WAUTI). WAUTI is the umbrella body of tax Institutes in the region. In May 2011 Sebastian Owuama, President of Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria, attended the annual tax conference of the CITN in Abuja where he called for an end to the squabble between ICAN and the CITN. In June 2011 Sunday Jegede, president of the CITN, was elected first President of the Association of African Tax Institutes (AATI). The AATI will be formally inaugurated in South Africa in October 2011 during the Annual Tax Conference of the South Africa Institute of Taxation.
- ^ a b "About The Institute". Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria. http://www.citn.org/institute.php. Retrieved 2011-06-01.
- ^ "Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria (CITN)". Gusau Business School. http://gusaubusinessschool.com/citn.html. Retrieved 2011-06-01.
- ^ a b "President of the Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria visits CIOT". Chartered Institute of Taxation. http://www.tax.org.uk/adit/aditnoticeboard/President+of+the+Chartered+Institute+of+Taxation+of+Nigeria+visits+CIOT. Retrieved 2011-06-01.
- ^ IHEANYI NWACHUKWU (19 MAY 2011). "ICAN, CITN agree to down divide". Business Day (Nigeria). http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/markets/companies-and-market/21664-ican-citn-agree-to-down-divide. Retrieved 2011-05-30.
- ^ "International Partners". South African Institute of Tax Practitioners. http://www.thesait.org.za/?page=Partners. Retrieved 2011-06-04.
- ^ "Inauguration of West African Union of Tax Institutes". WAUTI. http://www.wauti.org/advert_page.php. Retrieved 2011-06-04.
- ^ "Nigeria". xbrlplanet. http://xbrlplanet.org/wp/?page_id=441. Retrieved 2011-06-04.
- ^ "Member Bodies". NASB. http://www.nasbnigeria.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=65&Itemid=178. Retrieved 2011-06-05.
- ^ "CITN IMMEDIATE PAST PRESIDENT BECOMES FIRST WAUTI PRESIDENT". CITN. 16/03/2011. http://www.citn.org/newsdt.php?news=247. Retrieved 2011-06-04.
- ^ IHEANYI NWACHUKWU (19 MAY 2011). "ICAN, CITN agree to down divide". Business Day (Nigeria). http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/markets/companies-and-market/21664-ican-citn-agree-to-down-divide. Retrieved 2011-06-01.
- ^ Collins Nweze (29/06/2011). "CITN networks with global tax institutes". The Nation (Nigeria). http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/feed/business/money/10768-citn-networks-with-global-tax-institutes.txt. Retrieved 2011-06-29.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Chartered Institute of Taxation, Ghana — Formation 2 May 1980 Type Professional association Official languages English President F … Wikipedia
Institute of Public Accountants — For the American professional association under this name from 1917 to 1957, see American Institute of Certified Public Accountants. Institute of Public Accountants (IPA) Formation January 1, 1923 ( … Wikipedia
Nigeria — Nigerian, adj., n. /nuy jear ee euh/, n. a republic in W Africa: member of the Commonwealth of Nations; formerly a British colony and protectorate. 107,129,469; 356,669 sq. mi. (923,773 sq. km). Cap.: Abuja. Official name, Federal Republic of… … Universalium
Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria — Formation 1982 Type Regulatory body Purpose/focus Set standards for accountancy in Nigeria Headquarters Lagos, Nigeria Official lan … Wikipedia
Association of Chartered Certified Accountants — Infobox Company company name = The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) company company type = British chartered accountancy body foundation = flagicon|UK [England, UK] (1904) company slogan = ACCA Accountancy s uncommon… … Wikipedia
Babatunde Fashola — Infobox Governor name=Babatunde Fashola birth date=birth date and age|1963|6|28 birth place=Lagos State, Nigeria party=Action Congress spouse=Abimbola Emmanuela Fashola religion= occupation=lawyer, Politician order=Governor of Lagos State term… … Wikipedia
Economic Affairs — ▪ 2006 Introduction In 2005 rising U.S. deficits, tight monetary policies, and higher oil prices triggered by hurricane damage in the Gulf of Mexico were moderating influences on the world economy and on U.S. stock markets, but some other… … Universalium
education — /ej oo kay sheuhn/, n. 1. the act or process of imparting or acquiring general knowledge, developing the powers of reasoning and judgment, and generally of preparing oneself or others intellectually for mature life. 2. the act or process of… … Universalium
Economy of the People's Republic of China — Economies of Special Administrative Regions of Hong Kong and Macau are administered separately from the rest of People s Republic of China. Therefore, the information below pertains only to mainland China unless specified otherwise. For the… … Wikipedia
United States — a republic in the N Western Hemisphere comprising 48 conterminous states, the District of Columbia, and Alaska in North America, and Hawaii in the N Pacific. 267,954,767; conterminous United States, 3,022,387 sq. mi. (7,827,982 sq. km); with… … Universalium