- Changchun Christian Church
Changchun Christian Church is one of the largest and historically important Protestant churches in Changchun, Jilin Province, China. Also housed here are the Three-Self Patriotic Movement Committees of Changchun City and Jilin Province.
The church's address is: No. 131, Xiwu Avenue, Chanchun City, 134402 (Telephone: 0431-295-7722). It is also called the Xiwu Avenue church. Worship is held at 8:00 Sunday, 16:00 Wednesday, 16:00 Friday and 9:00 Saturday.
- In 1886, the Irish Presbyterian Mission (Thomas Crosby Fulton, in Chinese: 傅多玛) was sent to Changchun.  
- In 1893, joined by the English Presbyterian Mission (English name uncertain, in Chinese: 纪里备), which four years later built a church at the present site.
- In 1902, a medical hospital was built next to the church, which remains as Changchun Women's Hospital.
- In 1930, the church's annex building was built.
- In 1941, as the British-Japanese relations soured, the church was ceded to the Japanese and it became the Manchurian United Christian Church headquarters.
- After 1959, the church participates in the Three-Self Patriotic Movement and belongs to the China Christian Council.
- In 1998, the 3-storey present church building was built in an Irish Protestant church style. It can accommodate 6,000 people.
- Presbyterian Church
- Three-Self Patriotic Movement
- China Christian Council
- Protestant churches in Northeast China:
- Dalian Yuguang Street Church, Shenyang Dongguan Church, Changchun Christian Church, Harbin Nangang Christian Church, etc.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Yuguang Street Church — (Chinese: 玉光街礼拜堂) is a Protestant church in Dalian, China It is the former Dalian Anglican Church (Chinese: 大连圣公会教堂) and its church building is now a Historical Protected Building of Dalian City. Yuguang Street Church (Dalian, China), with… … Wikipedia
Dalian Catholic Church — (Chinese: 大连天主教堂) is a Christian Catholic church located in Dalian, China. It was built in 1926 and is the only Catholic church in Dalian. It is now a Historical Building protected by Dalian City. Dalian Catholic Church (Dalian, China) Contents … Wikipedia
Christianity in Jilin — Christianity is a minority in Jilin, a province of China. St. Theresa s Cathedral and Changchun Christian Church exist in Changchun. Kim Jong il visited a Catholic church in the province in 2010. There were raids against many house churches of … Wikipedia
Dalian — 大连 Sub provincial city 大连市 … Wikipedia
religion — religionless, adj. /ri lij euhn/, n. 1. a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, esp. when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and… … Universalium
china — /chuy neuh/, n. 1. a translucent ceramic material, biscuit fired at a high temperature, its glaze fired at a low temperature. 2. any porcelain ware. 3. plates, cups, saucers, etc., collectively. 4. figurines made of porcelain or ceramic material … Universalium
China — /chuy neuh/, n. 1. People s Republic of, a country in E Asia. 1,221,591,778; 3,691,502 sq. mi. (9,560,990 sq. km). Cap.: Beijing. 2. Republic of. Also called Nationalist China. a republic consisting mainly of the island of Taiwan off the SE coast … Universalium
Ordination of women — Main article: Ordination Ordination in general religious usage is the process by which a person is consecrated (set apart for the administration of various religious rites). The ordination of women is a regular practice among some major religious … Wikipedia
Windsor, Ontario — Windsor City City of Windsor Skyline of Windsor viewed from Detroit … Wikipedia
Shanghai Pudong International Airport — 上海浦东国际机场 Shànghǎi Pǔdōng Guójì Jīchǎng Logo of Shanghai Airport Authority … Wikipedia