- Fitzpatrick Stadium
Fitzpatrick Stadium is a 6,000 seat multi-purpose outdoor
stadiumin Portland, Maine, USA. It is located between Interstate 295, Hadlock Fieldbaseball stadium, and the Portland Exposition Building, the second oldest arena in continuous operation in the United States. Formerly known as Portland Stadium, it was renamed in 1989 to honor James J. Fitzpatrick, one of the most respected figures in Maine athletic history. The historic stadium recently underwent a $1.4 million renovation project that included replacing the grass with FieldTurf, a new rubberized track, bleachers, and rest rooms.
*Home field for Portland High School Bulldogs,
Southern Maine Raging Bulls, and Maine Tomcatsof the New England Football League, state high school football championships, City of Portland high schools lacrosse league, Maine Elite Men's Lacrosse League, 2005 state high school lacrosse championship, and Maine Senior Games.
*The facility is also used for occasional
University of MaineBlack Bears football games and local and high school soccer and track events.
* [http://www.southernmainerebels.com Southern Maine Rebels Women's Tackle Football]
* [http://www.portlandevents.com/Fitzpatrick.htm Fitzpatrick Stadium]
* [http://portlandhighschoolfootball.com/pages/team.html Portland High School Football]
* [http://www.aroundmaine.com/05/fitzpatrick/default.asp "Fitzy"]
* [http://www.fieldturf.com/news.cfm?newsID=114 FieldTurf chosen to replace grass at Fitzpatrick Stadium]
* [http://www.mainetomcats.com/ Maine Tomcats]
* [http://goblackbears.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/071205aaa.html University of Maine Black Bears to play at Fitzpatrick]
* [http://sports.mainetoday.com/highschool/stry.html?id=1161601 Fitzpatrick Stadium the right spot for high school championships]
* [http://www.mainelacrosse.net/ Maine Lacrosse]
*Maine Principals Association. [http://www.mpa.cc/pdf/fieldhkyb.pdf Field Hockey State Tournament information]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.