AggFlow is a software application that calculates and analyzes
aggregateplant data. AggFlow is intended to be used by aggregate engineers to calculate both the Mass Aggregate Balance and the Mass Water Balance flowing through a rock crushing plant to optimize and maximize production of desired products.
Developed and distributed by BedRock Software, Inc. (BedRock), the first version of AggFlow titled "AggFlow 4.0" was released in 1993. AggFlow was designed to reduce the speed of the calculations aggregate engineers use to optimize quarry operations. The program seeks to improve two main aspects of aggregate operations: identify inefficiencies in the operation and track resources such as emissions that are regulated, fuel consumption and equipment operating capacity.
AggFlow is also used in mining operations and other applications (i.e. water processing) where extensive mass balance calculations are required. In 2006 BedRock Software moved from a single-user license model to a subscription model with an initial purchase price. The company also discontinued releasing numbered versions of the software in favor of simply "AggFlow". AggFlow is currently available in English and French with Spanish, Chinese and other translations in development.
The commercial version of AggFlow requires a
dongle) be attached to a computers USBport. These dongles (sometimes referred to by the company as "keys") contain the subscription information the software verifies before running.
Equipment Categories in AggFlow
*Horizontal Shaft Impact Crushers (HSI)
*Vertical Shaft Impact Crushers (VSI)
*1-to-4 Deck Screens
[http://aggflow.com/equipFS.html Source: AggFlow Equipment List]
AggFlow runs exclusively on
Microsoft Windowsoperating systems.
Wash calculation capabilities included
"i" means internet capable. This was the first version to update automatically via internet connection.
Version releases converted to monthly updates.
Water Mass Balance calculations included.
French program translation included.
Other AggFlow Versions
AggFlow Demonstration Version
Demonstration version of program with limited functionality. Available upon request.
AggFlow Educational Version
Available to qualifying universities and technical institutions via the AggFlow/Educational Partnership program free of charge.
AggFlow Reader Version
Allows viewing of AggFlow files without operating capabilities.
* [http://www.sustainableaggregates.com/docs/revs/t2b_oepap.pdf Optimising the Efficiency of Primary Aggregate Production - UK Minerals Industry Sustainable Technology (MIST) Research Programme]
* [http://www.goodquarry.com/article.aspx?id=50&navid=11/ Why Minimize Quarry waste and Quarry Fines? - GoodQaurry.com]
* [http://rockproducts.com/mag/rock_offtheshelf_software_enhance/ Off-the-Shelf Software to Enhance Efficiency - Rock Products Magazine]
* [http://rockproducts.com/news/rock_best_conexpoconagg_2/index.html Best of CONEXPO-CON/AGG ?99' - Rock Products Magazine]
* [http://www.theinnotechsolutions.com/documents/Article%20-%20Find%20Hidden%20Profits.pdf Find Hidden Profits from Your Existing Plant & Equipment]
* [http://txspace.tamu.edu/bitstream/handle/1969.1/5644/ESL-IE-06-05-27.pdf?sequence=1 Energy Efficiency Opportunities in the Stone and Asphalt Industry by Energy & Resource Solutions, Inc.]
*Open Pit Mining
* [http://www.aggflow.com AggFlow Website]
* [http://www.aggflow.com/faq.html AggFlow Frequently Asked Questions]
* [http://aggflow.com/equipFS.html AggFlow Equipment List]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Construction aggregate — Limestone quarry … Wikipedia
Crushed stone — 20 millimetre crushed stone, for construction aggregate and landscape uses. Crushed stone or angular rock is a form of construction aggregate, typically produced by mining a suitable rock deposit and breaking the removed rock down to the desired… … Wikipedia