- Crowe Horwath
Crowe Horwath, LLP Type Limited Liability Partnership Industry Professional Services Founded South Bend, Indiana, U.S. (1942) Headquarters Oak Brook, Illinois, U.S. Key people Charles M. Allen, CEO
Kevin McGrath, COO
Revenue US$481.0 million (2010) Employees 2,400 (April 2010) Website www.crowehorwath.com
Crowe Horwath LLP is a professional services firm with offices throughout the United States, including California, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Tennessee and Texas. In addition to its U.S. presence, Crowe serves clients worldwide as an independent member of the Crowe Horwath International global professional services network. Crowe's services include assurance, benefit plans, financial advisory, forensic services, performance consulting, risk consulting, tax and technology, among others. Crowe customers primarily consists of large and middle market public companies and large privately held businesses.
According to Accounting Today, SourceMedia’s publication servicing the public accounting profession in the United States, Crowe ranked ninth in net revenue among the nation's top 100 public accounting and consulting firms in 2011. According to its company website, Crowe brands itself as "The Unique Alternative to the Big Four."
Crowe was founded in 1942 in South Bend, Indiana by Fred P. Crowe Sr. and Cletus (Clete) F. Chizek. Fred previously worked in public accounting for many years and served as the St. Joseph County auditor for eight years. Clete was head of the accounting department at the University of Notre Dame and worked part-time in public accounting. According to the company website, the firm today has 25 offices and 2,400 personnel across the U.S.
Crowe also serves clients worldwide as a leading independent member of Crowe Horwath International, a global professional services network that it joined in 1991. The name of the firm was changed from Crowe Chizek and Company LLC to Crowe Horwath LLP on September 1, 2008.
Crowe offers the following services:
- Audit: services include external audit, financial reporting, accounting advisory, benefit plan audit and specialized audits.
- Tax: services include federal, state and local, international, tax accounting and private client.
- Advisory: services are categorized into 10 service lines:
- Bankruptcy and insolvency
- Benefit plan consulting and compliance services
- Business management
- Forensic services
- Fresh-start accounting
- Investment banking
- Restructuring advisory
- Transaction services
- Merger and acquisition integration
- Risk: services include enterprise, regulatory, technology, fraud, operational and financial risk.
- Performance: services include revenue enhancement, operational improvement, advisory services and change management.
- Financial Services
- Food & Commodities
- Higher Education
- Manufacturing and Distribution
- Private Equity Groups
- Retail Dealer
- Crowe won PAR's (Public Accounting Report’s) annual audit crown for the 2009 calendar year. This title is determined by weighing net audit wins, as well as net gains in the revenue audited of new clients, net gains in the assets audited of new clients and net gain in audit fees. PAR noted that Crowe’s “net gain of 24 SEC entities was tops among the firms analyzed…” and “Crowe posted across-the-board net gains in revenue audited, assets audited and audit fees gained for the year, according to PAR’s analysis of data compiled by AuditAnalytics.com.” Additionally, PAR noted that Crowe’s “dominant financial institutions practice” played a role in its 2009 success. The firm gained eight SEC audit wins with either commercial banks or savings institutions, including five that were previously Big Four clients. Four of Crowe’s won SEC clients in the banking or savings institutions categories boasted assets audited of more than $1 billion. Additionally, five of those new banking clients were headquartered in New York, where the firm officially opened an office after its combination with Hays & Co in 2009.
- PAR ranked Crowe as the ninth largest public accounting and consulting firm in the nation, based on 2008 U.S. net revenue.
- Crowe is one of only nine firms to be inspected annually by the Public Company Audit Oversight Board (PCAOB)because of the size of its public company audit practice, with smaller firms having an inspection every three years. As reported by World Accounting Intelligence in May 2009, Crowe received a relatively "clean bill of health" in its most recent PCAOB inspection report.
- The American Bankers Association (ABA) endorsed Crowe’s governance, risk and compliance management consulting services. Crowe’s risk management consulting services were chosen after a thorough review and analysis by ABA and its affiliate, the Corporation for American Banking, based on a wide range of factors including functionality, regulatory compliance, management strength, financial soundness and customer service. Crowe provides risk management consulting services to more than 500 financial institution clients nationally.
- Crowe has been named to the Microsoft Business Solutions President's Club. The President's Club recognizes the top 5 percent of Microsoft Business Solutions partners worldwide and their dedication to delivering solutions that meet their customers’ needs, their active pursuit of product and technological advancement and their impressive sales performance.
- The public company auditing profession and the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) launched the Center for Audit Quality (CAQ) in 2007. Along with the AICPA, Crowe is one of the eight firms that co-founded the CAQ. Its mission is to foster confidence in the audit process and to aid investors and the capital markets by advancing constructive suggestions for change based on the profession’s core values of integrity, objectivity, honesty and trust. The CAQ convenes a public dialogue with key stakeholders across the country, facilitates discussions about improvements to the quality, relevance and integrity of financial reporting and conducts research on these topics.
- In 2009, Crowe received the National Balance Award from the American Society of Women Accountants (ASWA) for its commitment to work/life balance and sensitivity to the concerns of women.
- ^ http://www.crowehorwath.com/Crowe/AboutUs/locations.cfm.
- ^ https://www.crowehorwath.com/crowe/AboutUs/crowehorwath_international.cfm.
- ^ Accounting Today, April 1, 2011.
- ^ http://www.crowehorwath.com/Crowe/AboutUs/
- ^ Public Accounting Report, September 15, 2008.
- ^ http://www.crowehorwath.com/services/
- ^ http://www.crowehorwath.com/industries/
- ^ Public Accounting Report, January 31, 2010.
- ^ Public Accounting Report, August 31, 2008.
- ^ http://www.worldaccountingintelligence.com/display_headlines_ab.php?id=15&newsid=15605&prev=true#.
- ^ http://www.aba.com/Press+Room/052108CroweChizek.htm.
- ^ http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/events/wwpc/docs/PresidentsClub.pdf.
- ^ http://www.thecaq.org.
- ^ http://www.aswa.org/foundation/foundation-awards-program/award-winners/award-winners.html
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Crowe Horwath International — Type Swiss Verein Industry Accounting Professional Services Assurance Corporate Finance Risk Consulting Tax Consulting … Wikipedia
Crowe Clark Whitehill — Industry Accounting Professional Services Assurance Corporate Finance Risk Consulting Tax Investigations Consulting Headquarters London, England, United Kingdom Products Professional Services … Wikipedia
Oak Brook, Illinois — Oak Brook and Oakbrook, Illinois redirect here. For Oakbrook Terrace, see Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois. For other uses, see Oakbrook (disambiguation). Oak Brook, Illinois County: DuPage Township: York Incorporated: Village, 1958 President: Gopal… … Wikipedia
Ontario New Democratic Party candidates, 2011 Ontario provincial election — The New Democratic Party of Ontario (Ontario NDP) is one of three major political parties in Ontario, Canada running in the Ontario general election, 2011. Riding Candidate s Name Notes Residence Occupation Votes % Rank Ajax Pickering Wiseman,… … Wikipedia
Ontario general election, 2007 (results) — Main article: Ontario general election, 2007 The Ontario general election, 2007 took place on Wednesday, October 10, 2007. The list of candidates was finalized by Elections Ontario on September 19, 2007. Contents 1 Candidates by party 2… … Wikipedia
Ontario general election, 2011 (candidates) — Main article: Ontario general election, 2011 The 2011 Ontario general election took place on Thursday, October 6, 2011 to elect members of the Legislative Assembly of Ontario, Canada. Contents 1 Candidates by region 1.1 Ottawa 1.2 Eastern O … Wikipedia
Ontario New Democratic Party candidates, 2007 Ontario provincial election — The New Democratic Party of Ontario is one of three major political parties in Ontario, Canada which ran in the 2007 Ontario provincial election. It has served as a third party in the Legislative Assembly of Ontario since 1995, having previously… … Wikipedia
Glen Murray (politician) — Hon. Glen Murray Glen Murray campaigning to become MPP for Toronto Centre in 2010 MPP Incumbent Assumed office 2010 … Wikipedia
New Democratic Party candidates, 2007 Ontario provincial election — The New Democratic Party of Ontario is one of three major political parties in Ontario, Canada which ran in the 2007 Ontario provincial election. It has served as a third party in the Legislative Assembly of Ontario since 1995, having previously… … Wikipedia