- Advanced Combat Man System
Singapore Armed Forces' Advanced Combat Man System (ACMS) [cite web | title=Gearing up for networked urban operations | publisher= Ministry of Defence (Singapore)| url=http://www.mindef.gov.sg/imindef/publications/cyberpioneer/news/2008/September/08sep08_news.html |date= 2008-09-08 |accessdate= 2008-09-23 ] is part of the [http://www.mindef.gov.sg/3g 3rd Generation SAF] 's move to progressively provide tactical units with network capabilities.
* Personal Radio - The radio enables soldiers to share information, in the form of data and voice, with other soldiers. It has a built-in Global Positioning System (GPS) that helps the soldier's command headquarters to track his location and that of friendly forces.
* Communication Keypad - This portable keypad, designed for easy data input, also has hotkey buttons such "On-Contact" and "Call-For-Medic" to enable quick updates of the team's status to the command headquarters, and request assistance from nearby forces at the push of a button.
* Portable Computer - The brain of the ACMS, the portable computer processes data collected by sensors, GPS, other ACMSs and user input to provide real-time information updates on the battlefield.
* Head-mounted display (HMD) - The HMD can switch its displays from a digital map to satellite images of the terrain to videos captured by the various sensors. Through the HMD, soldiers can see locations of targets and friendly forces which are plotted on the digital map.
* Weapon Interactor - The section commander will also have an additional camera attached to his
SAR 21, so that he can capture and send back images to the command headquarters through the quick buttons on the handguard. The sensor also allows him to survey and fire around corners without exposing himself.
In addition to the ACMS, soldiers are equipped with remote sensors such as a surveillance ball, a remote-control surveillance car and a key-hole sensor.
Deploying the ACMS
In each seven-man section, the section commander as well as two team leaders will be equipped with the ACMS. This allows the entire section to function as part of a larger network and tap on the wider resources of the battalion and call for more responsive and precise fire support.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Advanced SEAL Delivery System — insertion platform.MissionsASDS was conceived to address the need for stealthy long range insertion of Special Operations Forces on covert or clandestine missions. Previous mini subs were of the wet variety, exposing Combat Swimmers to long, cold … Wikipedia
Combat Vehicle 90 — (9040A) A Strf9040A in Swedish service Type Infantry fighting vehicle Place of origin … Wikipedia
Combat Mission (video game series) — Combat Mission series Developer(s) Battlefront.com Publisher(s) various … Wikipedia
Combat Vehicle 90 — Ein finnischer CV 9030 FIN (CV 90 MkII) Allgemeine Eigenschaften … Deutsch Wikipedia
Combat Mission (computer game series) — Combat Mission is the name of two series of computer games simulating tactical battles. CMX1 refers to a set of games using the original game engine, set in the Second World War (WWII). CMX2 has been released in July 2007 and features a new game… … Wikipedia
Man, Myth & Magic (role-playing game) — Man, Myth Magic Man, Myth Magic boxed game cover Designer(s) James Herbert Brennan Publisher(s) Yaquinto Publications Publication date 1982 … Wikipedia
Advanced Squad Leader — Infobox Game title = Advanced Squad Leader subtitle = image link = image caption = Advanced Squad Leader 2nd Edition Rulebook designer = Don Greenwood manufacturer = publisher = Avalon Hill Multi Man Publishing illustrator = years = 1985 present… … Wikipedia
Advanced Tactical Fighter — Lockheed Martin F 22 Raptor … Deutsch Wikipedia
Advanced Donjons & Dragons — Donjons et dragons Pour les articles homonymes, voir Donjons et dragons (homonymie). Donjons Dragons … Wikipédia en Français
Advanced Dungeon and Dragons — Donjons et dragons Pour les articles homonymes, voir Donjons et dragons (homonymie). Donjons Dragons … Wikipédia en Français