- Mandalay Technological University
Mandalay Technological University မန္တလေး နည်းပညာ တက္ကသိုလ် Established 1 October 1991 Type Public Students 2000 (2004) Location Patheingyi, Mandalay,
Mandalay Division, Myanmar
Mandalay Technological University (MTU) (Burmese: မန္တလေး နည်းပညာ တက္ကသိုလ်, pronounced [máɴdəlé nípjɪ̀ɴɲà tɛʔkəθò]; formerly, the Mandalay Institute of Technology (MIT)), located in Patheingyi, Mandalay, is a senior engineering university in Myanmar. The university offers undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate programs in several engineering disciplines to engineering students from Upper Myanmar. The university maintains an annual student intake of at least 300.
As the university offers only a few doctoral and postgraduate programs, students have to go to Yangon Technological University or abroad for doctoral and postgraduate programs.
The university was founded as the Mandalay Institute of Technology on 1 October 1991, and became only the second senior engineering university to be founded in the country.
The university's main offerings are six-year bachelor's and two-year master's degree programs. Two-thirds of nearly 7500 students that graduated between 1997 and 2004 received bachelor's degrees, and 7.3% received master's.
Program Bachelor's Master's Doctoral Architecture B.Arch. <none> <none> Civil Engineering B.E. M.E. <none> Chemical Engineering B.E. M.E. <none> Electrical Engineering B.E. M.E. <none> Electronic Engineering B.E. M.E. <none> Information Technology B.E. <none> <none> Mechanical Engineering B.E. M.E. <none> Mechatronic Engineering B.E. <none> <none>
The following one-year postgraduate diploma, two-year master's and doctoral programs are offered in applied sciences.
Program Post-Grad Diploma Master's Doctoral Engineering Chemistry No Yes Yes Engineering Mathematics No Yes Yes Engineering Physics (Electronics) No Yes Yes
The MTU is organized as follows:
- 15 engineering departments,
- 2 research departments,
- 5 academic departments, and
- 5 supporting departments.
Engineering Departments are as follows :
- Department of Architecture
- Department of Aerospace
- Department of Bio-Technology
- Department of Chemical Engineering
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Electrical Power Engineering
- Department of Electronic Engineering
- Department of Information Technology
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Mechatronic Engineering
- Department of Metallurgy Engineering
- Department of Mining Engineering
- Department of Petroleum Engineering
- Department of Remote Sensing
- Department of Textile Engineering
Academic Departments are :
- Department of Engineering Chemistry
- Department of Engineering English
- Department of Engineering Mathematics
- Department of Engineering Physics
- Department of Burmese
Research Departments are :
- Chemical Research Centre and
- Electrical & Communication and Electrical Power Research
Supporting Departments are:
- Estate Engineering
- Students Affair
The university also offers one-year Diploma in Technology degrees in the following:
- Electrical Power
- Yangon Technological University
- Pyay Technological University
- ^ "Mandalay Tech University Relocates Ph.D. Scholars". Mizzima News. 2008-03-20. http://www.mizzima.com/component/content/article/4-inside-burma/272-mandalay-tech-university-relocates-phd-scholars.html.
- ^ MTU (2009). Historical background of Mandalay Technological University. Ministry of Science and Technology. http://www.most.gov.mm/mtu. Retrieved 2011-02-2.
- ^ a b c Sayne Le Shwe (2004). Technology and State Development. Ministry of Science and Technology. http://www.uis.unesco.org/TEMPLATE/pdf/S&T/Workshops/SAsia/Delhi_15.2.pdf. Retrieved 2008-09-13.
- ^ "Mandalay Technological University". MTU. 2009. http://www.most.gov.mm/mtu/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=12&Itemid=26.
- ^ "Mandalay Technological University". MTU. 2009. http://www.most.gov.mm/mtu/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=13&Itemid=27.
- ^ "Mandalay Technological University". MTU. 2009. http://www.most.gov.mm/mtu/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=15&Itemid=28.
- ^ "Mandalay Technological University". MTU. 2009. http://www.most.gov.mm/mtu/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=14&Itemid=29.
- ^ "Mandalay Technological University". MTU. 2009. http://www.most.gov.mm/mtu/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=16&Itemid=30.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Yangon Technological University — Infobox University name = Yangon Technological University image size = 120 motto = set mhu a kyo pyi a kyo established = 1924 location = Gyogone, Insein 11101, Yangon, Burma coor = coord|16|52|32.94|N|96|7|1.82|E|region:MM type:edu type = Public… … Wikipedia
Mandalay Region — မန္တလေးတိုင်းဒေသကြီး Region Myanma transcription(s) … Wikipedia
Mandalay — This article is about the city in Burma. For other uses, see Mandalay (disambiguation). Mandalay မန္တလေး Downtown Mandalay … Wikipedia
Defence Services Technological Academy — Defense Services Technological Academy တပ်မတော် နည်းပညာ တက္ကသိုလ် Motto Creativity, Honour, Capability Technology for Military Might Established 1993 … Wikipedia
Myanmar Aerospace Engineering University — မြန်မာနိုင်ငံ လေကြောင်းနှင့်အာကာသပညာ တက္ကသိုလ် Established 15 February 2002 Type public … Wikipedia
Computer University, Monywa — ကွန်ပျူတာ တက္ကသိုလ် (မုံရွာ) Established 4 September 2000 Location Monywa, Sagaing Division, Myanmar … Wikipedia
MTU — may refer to: Networks and Internet Maximum transmission unit, the size of the largest packet that a network protocol can transmit Multi tenant unit, a telecom term referring to a building with multiple offices or apartments. MTUs are more… … Wikipedia
Burma — Republic of the Union of Myanmar ပြည်ထောင်စု သမ္မတ မြန်မာနိုင်ငံတော် Pyidaunzu Thanmăda Myăma Nainngandaw … Wikipedia
List of Burma-related articles — Articles (arranged alphabetically) related to Burma include: compactTOC20 9.bu .mm 13 Carat Diamond and Other Stories (.) 1991 Bangladesh cyclone (.) 2007 Burmese anti government protests 8888 Uprising (. .)AAchang (. . . . . . . . . . .)… … Wikipedia
Yangon — Rangoon redirects here. For other uses, see Rangoon (disambiguation). Yangon ရန်ကုန် Rangoon City … Wikipedia