- Advanced Institute of Management Research
The Advanced Institute of Management (AIM) Research is a unique initiative in the field of management research. Funding world-class people to do world-class research, AIM stimulates new thinking which has an immediate and lasting impact on management practice. AIM has four key objectives:
· Conduct research that will identify actions to enhance the UK’s international competitiveness;
· Raise the quality and international standing of UK research on management;
· Expand the size and capacity of the research base for UK research on management;
· Engage with practitioners and other users of research within and beyond the UK as co-producers of knowledge and management.
AIM has over 250 academics please check our [http://www.aimresearch.org/about-aim/aim-fellows AIM Fellows] based in engineering schools in the UK connected with over 70 visitors from overseas, who work collaboratively on projects that supported the AIM themes. AIM has three research themes:
· UK productivity and performance for the 21st century – For management research to have a central role in increasing productivity and performance; it must be guided by the needs of practitioners. The [http://www.aimresearch.org/our-research/aim-research-projects/business-engagement-project 'Business Engagement'] projects engage with the current and future issues faced by UK managers. Interviews with leading practitioners enable AIM to establish industry’s priorities, which can guide and influence future research agendas.
· Sustaining innovation to achieve competitive advantage and high quality services – All managers operate in a competitive environment, and innovations such as new strategies, products, services and organisational processes are key sources of competitive advantage and public value. The UK has outstanding innovative private and public sector organisations and AIM researchers are working with UK managers in order to support future innovative capacity.
· Adapting promising practices to enhance performance across varied organisational contexts – Improved management practices are important for enhancing productivity and performance so it is vital that new and beneficial knowledge is shared across sectors. AIM researchers systemically address the evidence behind good and promising practices, establishing how they can be systematically assessed, creatively adapted and successfully implemented. [cite web
publisher=Advanced Institute of Management Research
Throughout the year AIM Research organises and sponsors a wide range of topical events. These events are run on a regional, national and international basis.
AIM Research was founded in 2002, by Professor Anne Sigismund Huff. AIM was previously hosted by London Business School, but is currently hosted by Warwick Business School (University of Warwick) at Russell Square, London. AIM was created in order to raise awareness and to increase the amount of research done on management and businesses. AIM brought together leading academics from around the world working in a variety of sectors. The AIM initiative is led by Professor Robin Wensley (AIM Director) of
Warwick Business Schooland Professor Andy Neely of Cranfield School of Management. [cite web
publisher=Advanced Institute of Management Research
AIM Research is funded by the
Economic and Social Research Counciland the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council.
* [http://www.aimresearch.org/ Advanced Institute of Management Research Website]
Notes and references
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences — The Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS) is an international society for practitioners in the fields of operations research (OR) and management science. It was established in 1995 with the merger of the… … Wikipedia
German Institute for Economic Research — Deutsches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung (DIW) Established 1925 Executive Board Gert G. Wagner, Georg Weizsäcker, Cornelius Richter Faculty Economics, Social Science Staff 185 Location Berlin … Wikipedia
S P Jain Institute of Management and Research — Infobox University name = S P Jain Institute of Management and Research established = 1981 type = Private (Education and Research) dean = Dr. M L Shrikant city = Mumbai state = Maharashtra country = India students = 335 MBA and 120 Other courses… … Wikipedia
Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode — Motto Yogah Karmasu Kaushalam (Sanskrit) from the Gita 2:50 Motto in English Diligence leads to Excellence Established … Wikipedia
Indian Institute of Management Indore — Infobox University name = Indian Institute of Management Indore established = 1998 type = Education and Research Institution city = Indore | state = Madhya Pradesh country = India | homepage = [http://www.iimidr.ac.in/ www.iimidr.ac.in] Indian… … Wikipedia
Narsee Monjee Institute of Management and Higher Studies — Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Higher Studies (NMIMS) is a university in Mumbai, India which offers various courses such as fulltime and partime MBA, B.Tech, M.Tech, an integrated technology and management program MBA (Tech), diploma… … Wikipedia
Indira Gandhi Institute of Developmental Research — Infobox University name = Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research established = 1987 type = Education and Research Institution director = Dr D.M Nachane city = Mumbai state = Maharashtra country = India campus = convert|14|acre|km2|1|abbr … Wikipedia
NUST Institute of Management Sciences — NUST Business School Established 1999 Type Private Location Islamabad, Pakistan Director General Dr Ashfaq Hassan Khan Courses Offered BBA (Hons) , BS Economics , BS Mass Com … Wikipedia
Japan Advanced Institute of Science And Technology — is a postgraduate university in Japan, established in 1990.Infobox University name = JAIST image size = 137px motto = Open the New Frontiers of Science and Technology established = October, 1990 type = Public (National) president= Takuya Katayama … Wikipedia
Management consulting — indicates both the industry and practice of helping organizations improve their performance primarily through the analysis of existing organizational problems and development of plans for improvement. Organizations hire the services of management … Wikipedia