- Third Border Initiative
The Third Border Initiative (TBI) is a area of policy concerning
United Statesand the Caribbeanregion. The phrase was especially made popular by the administration of the President of the United States George W. Bush. The Third Border Initiative was a reference to the Caribbean region's adjacent placement to the United States of America. The policy is the ideology that behind Canadaand Mexicothe Caribbean region is a Sea based border of the United States.
The initiative also builds upon the founding of the Caribbean/United States -
Partnership for Prosperity and Security in the Caribbean. An agreement which is sometimes called the "Bridgetown Accord" in the United States, or affectionately the "Shipriders Bill" in many Caribbean countries. The agreement was signed between the Clinton Administration in May 1997 between the United States, and the various independent countries of the Caribbean region.
Canada–United States border
Caribbean Basin Initiative(CBI)
Caribbean Basin Trade Partnership Act(CBTPA)
Free Trade Area of the Americas
* [http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2001/04/20010423-1.html White House: Fact Sheet President's Speech at the Summit of the Americas]
* [http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2001/04/20010423-5.html White House: Fact Sheet Caribbean Third Border Initiative]
* [http://www.state.gov/r/pa/prs/ps/2004/28136.htm Joint Statement by the United States of America, the Caribbean Community (CARICOM) and the Dominican Republic on the Third Border Initiative] - Washington, DC (13 January 2004)
* [http://www.america.gov/st/washfile-english/2004/January/20040114144116nesnom0.569256.html U.S./CARICOM/Dominican Republic Statement on Third Border Initiative] - America.Gov (4 January 2004)
* [http://www.jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/20070114/focus/focus4.html Crime, deportees, and the Third Border] - JamaicaObserver.com (14 January 2007)
* [http://www.usaid.gov/pubs/cbj2003/lac/crp/ USAID: Caribbean Regional]
* [http://www.caricom.org/jsp/secretariat/legal_instruments/caribbean_ussummit.jsp?menu=secretariat Caribbean/United States - Partnership for Prosperity and Security in the Caribbean] - Text document of agreement signed between the United States and Caribbean region at Bridgetown, Barbados on 10 May 1997.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Third Russian Revolution — (also know as the Left Wing Rebellions Against the Bolsheviks Fact|date=May 2008) was a series of rebellions and uprisings against the Bolsheviks led or supported by left wing groups including Socialist Revolutionaries, Left Socialist… … Wikipedia
Third-country economic relationships with the European Union — The European Union has a number of relationships with nations that are not formally part of the Union. According to the European Union s official site, and a statement by Commissioner Günter Verheugen, the aim is to have a ring of countries,… … Wikipedia
Third-country relationships with the European Union — The European Union third country relationships are dealt with through different legal instruments, institutions and departments. Topics related to the Community (first pillar) agenda are dealt through the European Commission they relate mostly to … Wikipedia
Inner German border — Innerdeutsche Grenze North and central Germany … Wikipedia
Critical Foreign Dependencies Initiative — The Critical Foreign Dependencies Initiative (CFDI) is a strategy and list, maintained by the United States Department of Homeland Security, of foreign infrastructure which if attacked or destroyed would critically impact the U.S.  A copy… … Wikipedia
Valley of Peace initiative — Valley of Peace redirects here. For the 1955 film, see Valley of Peace (film). The Valley of Peace initiative is an effort to promote economic cooperation between Israel, Jordan and the Palestinians. It has received the personal attention and… … Wikipedia
Cross-border region — A cross border region is a territorial entity that is made of several local or regional authorities that are co located yet belong to different nation states. Contents 1 Cross border regions in Europe 2 History 3 Types of European cross border… … Wikipedia
Canada – United States border — The Canada – United States border is the international border between Canada and the United States. Officially known as the International Boundary, it is the longest common border in the world, and is unmilitarized. The terrestrial boundary… … Wikipedia
Second Test, 2007–08 Border-Gavaskar Trophy — Umpire Steve Bucknor, whose decisions in the Test were controversial and led to him being dropped from officiating in the Third Test … Wikipedia
Strategic Defense Initiative — Organization SDIO Agency overview Formed 1984 Dissolved 1993 (renamed) Superseding a … Wikipedia