- Michael Krasny (talk show host)
Michael Krasny Born 1944
Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Show Forum Station(s) KQED-FM, Sirius Time slot Monday–Friday, 9:00-11:00 Pacific Time Zone Style Presenter Country USA Previous show(s) KTIM (FM) - Beyond the Hot Tub - KGO (AM) - Nightfocus
KRON-TV - Take Issue
NPR - Talk of the Nation
Michael Krasny is host and senior editor of KQED-FM radio's award-winning Forum, a news and public affairs program covering politics, culture, the arts, health, business and technology. Krasny has served as the host of Forum since 1993.
In the late 1970s, Krasny hosted a weekly Marin County talk show called "Beyond the Hot Tub" on low-power rock radio station KTIM-FM. He went on to host a popular radio program on KGO (AM) from 1984 to December 1992. He became the host of Forum in 1993, expanding the focus of the program to more national themes.
Krasny is a professor of English at San Francisco State University where he has taught primarily American literature since 1970. He received his B.A. cum laude in 1966 and M.A. in 1967 from Ohio University, where he attended the Honors College and became a member of Phi Beta Kappa. He holds a Ph.D. in twentieth century American literature from the University of Wisconsin–Madison.
Krasny is a widely published scholar, critic and fiction writer. He has also worked widely as a facilitator and host in the corporate sector and as a moderator for nonprofit events.
Krasny is a long-time resident of Greenbrae, California. SFSU Online Magazine (Volume 4, Number 1, Fall/Winter 2003, http://www.sfsu.edu/~sfsumag/archive/fall_winter_03/krasny.html) reports that Krasny's wife is an attorney and an alumna of San Francisco State University, and that Krasny has two daughters. On his Forum show, Krasny has over the years made repeated references to one or the other of his daughters. Despite his intellectual reputation today, Krasny admits to having had a "bad boy" reputation while growing up in Cleveland Heights, OH  Michael is among the outstanding graduates of Cleveland Heights High featured in the book Every Tiger Has a Tale.
- Krasny, Michael (2007). Off Mike: A Memoir of Talk Radio and Literary Life. Stanford General Books. ISBN 0804756716.
- Krasny, Michael (2010). Spiritual Envy: An Agnostic's Quest. New World Library. ISBN 1577319125.
- ^ a b c d "KQED Radio Staff: Michael Krasny". KQED. Archived from the original on 2007-10-20. http://web.archive.org/web/20071020053425/http://www.kqed.org/radio/about/staff/krasny.jsp. Retrieved 2007-11-25.
- ^ a b Liberatore, Paul (2007-10-22). "Krasny: The thinking person's talk host". Marin Independent Journal. http://www.marinij.com/lifestyles/ci_7253653. Retrieved 2007-11-25.
- ^ Selvin, Joel (2003-02-11). "A Voice of Calm Amid the Chatter: Ever erudite, Michael Krasny marks his 10 years as a KQED talk-show host". San Francisco Chronicle. http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2003/02/11/DD57807.DTL. Retrieved 2007-11-25.
- ^ Woodward, Keith (25 September 2006). "KGO History - Some Events of the Past Decade". http://home.att.net/~qwoodard/KGOHistory.htm. Retrieved 2007-11-25.
- ^ Michael Krasny (21 November 2007) (Audio). Interview with Cynthia Gorney. Forum . KQED-FM. http://www.kqed.org/epArchive/R711211000. Retrieved 2008-01-21.
- ^ Fresh Dialogues interview with Alison van Diggelen, April 2009/
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Michael Krasny — may refer to: Michael Krasny (talk show host), American journalist, host of the radio talk show Forum Michael Krasny (businessman), American businessman, founder of CDW This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same personal… … Wikipedia
Forum (KQED) — Infobox Radio Show show name = Forum format = Talk radio audio format = Stereophonic record location = San Francisco, California runtime = ca. 105 min. creator = Michael Krasny engineer = Daniel Forman senior editor = Daniel Zoll producer = Keven … Wikipedia
List of Moonlighting episodes — The cove … Wikipedia
List of Scouts — This is a list of famous Scouts and Scouters.AfricaGhana*Hon. Nana Amanfi III CBE, Omanhene (Paramount Chief) of Asebu Statecite news| title =World Scout @100 Ghana Scout Celebrates!!! | language =English | publisher =Modern Ghana Ltd | date… … Wikipedia
NPR — For other uses, see NPR (disambiguation). NPR Type Public radio network … Wikipedia
National Public Radio — Infobox Network network name = National Public Radio network network type = Public radio network airdate = April 1971 country = United States available = Global founded = 1970 key people = Kevin Klose, President Dennis L. Haarsager, Interim Chief … Wikipedia
KGO (AM) — Infobox Radio Station name = KGO city = San Francisco, California area = San Francisco Bay Area branding = KGO News Talk 810 slogan = airdate = 1924 frequency = 810 kHz HD Radio format = News/Talk erp = 50,000 Watts class = A (Clear channel)… … Wikipedia
List of University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign people — This is an incomplete list of notable people associated with the University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign in the United States of America. Bill Gates noted in a February 2004 speech that Microsoft hires more alumni of the university than from… … Wikipedia
Aleksey Konstantinovich Tolstoy — Not to be confused with Aleksey Nikolayevich Tolstoy. Aleksey Konstantinovich Tolstoy Aleksey Konstantinovich Tolstoy by Karl Brullov Born September 5 [O.S. August 24] 1817 Saint Petersburg … Wikipedia
Gary Johnson — This article is about the former Governor of New Mexico. For other uses, see Gary Johnson (disambiguation). Gary Johnson 29th Governor of New Mexico In office January 1, 1995 – January 1, 2003 … Wikipedia