- Community Development Digest
Community Development Digest Type Newsletter Format Online journal Owner CD Publications Publisher Mike Gerecht Editor Tom Harman Founded 1965 Headquarters 8204 Fenton Street
Silver Spring, MD 20910
Official website HousingandDevelopment.com
Community Development Digest, a news service (or newsletter) published by Silver Spring, MD-based CD Publications, is one of the oldest professional community development periodicals still being produced.
Also known as CD Digest or CDD, "the national newsletter on community and economic development" reports on the Community Development Block Grant program (CDBG)  and covers congressional legislation, agency regulations, court decisions and funding.
CDD 's coverage of community development projects has included transit, as in February 1999 reports on federal light-rail systems to be funded under the 1998 Transportation Equity Act for the 21st Century.  There's also a consistent emphasis on restoration efforts, of both historical and utilitarian structures. 
In early 2008, CDD invested news space on lobbying efforts of the National Alliance of Community Economic Development Associations (NACEDA) for legislation to prevent home foreclosures,  as well as attacks on the Bush Administration's proposed FY09 budget cuts to CDBG. 
Over the years, CDD has been sourced, referenced or mentioned in numerous books and reports. These include From Nation to States: The Small Cities Community Development Block Grant Program (1986),  Understanding Local Economic Development (1999),  Urban Planning in a Multicultural Society (2000)  and Asset Building and Community Development (2001). 
CDD finds its way into local government meetings, either as a reference source or just through the endorsement of a meeting attendee. Among those who have posted their meeting minutes, with mention of CDD, online are the Allegany County (NY) Planning Board (September 15, 2004)  and the Warren County (NY) Board Of Supervisors (October 13, 2006). 
CDD posts updates on such issues as community planning, infrastructure financing, enterprise zones, downtown and rural development, housing rehabilitation and preservation, and neighborhood revitalization. It also provides a "roundup" of state and local development efforts in urban and rural communities.
In 2007, CDD was changed to a web-based format and, along with CD Publications' other housing news services, was moved onto the web portal HousingandDevelopment.com.
- CD Housing Register
- Housing Affairs Letter
- Housing Market Report
- Landlord Law & Multi-housing Report
- ^ "CDBGs Are Again Available to Help Colonias Residents." Community Development Digest (1996-08-06). CD Publications. Selected Bibliography, The Border Colonias Region: Challenges and Innovative Approaches to Effective Community Development. (c) Housing Assistance Council, 1998.
- ^ "Light-rail systems: Commutation mode of the new century?." Area Development Site and Facility Planning (1999-02-01). Copyright S/H Publications Incorporated, Feb 1999. Provided by ProQuest LLC.
- ^ “Orange, NJ, Group Wins $2.4 Million To Fix Up, Sell ‘Pivotal Eyesores, (excerpt).” Community Development Digest (2003-07-01). CD Publications. Housing and Neighborhood Development Services, Inc. Copyright © 2007 Housing and Neighborhood Development Services, Inc.
- ^ "NACEDA Backs Plan for $10 billion in CDBG Funds to Fight Foreclosures." Community Development Digest (2008-02-08). CD Publications. From "NACEDA in the News."
- ^ "CD Groups Lead Fight for Foreclosure Prevention Bills." Community Development Digest (2008-01-06). CD Publications. From "NACEDA in the News."
- ^ "Housing, CD Groups Attack HUD 2009 Budget." Community Development Digest (2008-02-08). CD Publications. From "NACEDA in the News."
- ^ Jennings, Edward T.; Dale Krane; Alex N. Pattakos. From Nation to States: The Small Cities Community Development Block Grant Program. Published by SUNY Press, 1986. Page 34.
- ^ Malizia, Emil E.; Edward J. Feser. Understanding Local Economic Development. Center for Urban Policy Research, 1999.
- ^ Burayidi, Michael A. Urban Planning in a Multicultural Society. Greenwood Publishing Group, 2000.
- ^ Green, Gary Paul; Anna Haines. "The Role of Assets in Community-Based Development," Asset Building and Community Development. SAGE Publications, August 2001.
- ^ Allegany County Planning Board Minutes: September 15, 2004. Belmont, NY.
- ^ Warren County (NY) Board Of Supervisors, Regular Meeting: Friday, October 13, 2006.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Community pharmacy — A community pharmacy is a community based pharmacy. The main responsibilities of a community pharmacy include appropriate procurement, storage, dispensing, and documentation of medicines. Therefore the community pharmacists should have the… … Wikipedia
community ecology — Introduction study of the organization and functioning of communities (community), which are assemblages of interacting populations of the species living within a particular area or habitat. As populations of species interact with one … Universalium
Somerby Golf Club and Community — Somerby Golf Club= [http://www.somerbygolfclub.com Somerby Golf Club] a private golf club and community, which is on the north side of Byron, Minnesota. The course was designed by architect and golf pro John Fought, and by golf pro Tom Lehman.… … Wikipedia
Media development — Many organizations engage in efforts to help the development of free and independent media in countries around the world. These efforts can take many forms, from funding the establishment of an entirely new media outlet to assisting an existing… … Wikipedia
Northeast Kingdom Community Action — Type Non Profit Industry social services Founded 1964 (Orleans County, Vermont, Caledonia County, and Essex County) Headquarters … Wikipedia
CD Publications — Infobox Company company name = CD Publications company company type = Privately held foundation = 1961 founder = Ash Gerecht location city = flagicon|USA Silver Spring, Maryland key people = Mike Gerecht, Publisher industry = Publishing products … Wikipedia
Housing Affairs Letter — Infobox Newspaper name = Housing Affairs Letter type = Newsletter format = Online journal foundation = 1961 owners = CD Publications publisher = Mike Gerecht editor = Tom Edwards headquarters = 8204 Fenton Street Silver Spring, MD 20910 United… … Wikipedia
CD Housing Register — Infobox Newspaper name = CD Housing Register type = Newsletter format = Online journal foundation = 1983 owners = CD Publications publisher = Mike Gerecht headquarters = 8204 Fenton Street Silver Spring, MD 20910 United States website =… … Wikipedia
Landlord Law & Multi-housing Report — Infobox Newspaper name = Landlord Law Multi housing Report type = Newsletter format = Online journal foundation = 1996 owners = CD Publications publisher = Mike Gerecht editor = Robert Harris headquarters = 8204 Fenton Street Silver Spring, MD… … Wikipedia
Experiential education — is a philosophy of education that focuses on the transactive process between teacher and student involved in direct experience with the learning environment and content. [ Itin, C. M. (1999). Reasserting the Philosophy of Experiential Education… … Wikipedia