- 2004 NFL season
year = 2004
New England Patriots
September 9 2004- January 2 2005
January 8 2005
New England Patriots
sb_name = XXXIX
February 6 2005
ALLTEL Stadium, Jacksonville, Florida
February 13 2005
The 2004 season of the
National Football League(NFL) was the 85th season for the major professional American footballleague in the United States. With the New England Patriotsas the defending league champions, regular season play was held from September 9 2004to January 2 2005. Hurricanes, forced the rescheduling of two Miami Dolphinshome games: the game against the Tennessee Titanswas moved up one day to Saturday, September 11to avoid oncoming Hurricane Ivan, while the game versus the Pittsburgh Steelerson Sunday, September 26was moved back 7½ hours to miss the eye of Hurricane Jeanne.
The playoffs began on
January 8, and eventually New England repeated as NFL champions when they defeated the Philadelphia Eaglesin Super Bowl XXXIX, the Super Bowlchampionship game, at ALLTEL Stadium in Jacksonville, Florida on February 6.
Major rule changes
* Due to several incidents during the
2003 NFL season, officials are authorized to penalize excessive celebration. The 15-yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty will be marked off from the spot at the end of the previous play or, after a score, on the ensuing kickoff. If the infraction is ruled flagrant by the officials, the player can be ejected.
* Due to several instances during the 2003-04 playoffs, officials are instructed to strictly enforce illegal contact, pass interference, and defensive holding.
* Timeouts can be called by head coaches.
* In addition to the numbers 80-89,
wide receivers will now be allowed to use numbers 10-19.
* A punt or missed field goal that is untouched by the receiving team is immediately dead once it touches either the end zone or any member of the kicking team in the end zone. Previously, a punt or missed field goal that lands in the end zone before being controlled by the kicking team could be picked up by a member of the receiving team and immediately run the other way.
* Teams will be awarded a third instant replay challenge if their first two are successful. Previously, teams were only limited to two regardless of what occurred during the game.
Final regular season standings
"W = Wins, L = Losses, T = Ties, PCT = Winning Percentage, PF= Points For, PA = Points Against"
"Clinched playoff seeds are marked in parentheses and shaded in green"
* "NFL Record and Fact Book" (ISBN 1-932994-36-X)
* [http://www.nfl.com/history/chronology/2001- NFL History 2001-] (Last accessed October 17, 2005)
* "Total Football: The Official Encyclopedia of the National Football League" (ISBN 0-06-270174-6)
* [http://www.nfl.com/news/story/7221738 Celebration penalty among rules changes] (Last accessed October 17, 2005)
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
См. также в других словарях:
2004 NFL Draft — General information Date(s) April 24–25, 2004 Location Madison Square Garden New York City, New York Network(s) (US) … Wikipedia
NFL season ticket waiting lists — The National Football League has enjoyed success in selling out many of their venues from season ticket sales alone. Out of 32 teams in the league, 24 claim to have waiting lists from under 1,000 people to over 150,000. For some fans, this means… … Wikipedia
2010 NFL season — 2010 National Football League season Regular season Duration September 9, 2010 – January 2, 2011 Playoffs Start date January 8, 2011 – January 23, 2011 AFC Champions … Wikipedia
2008 NFL season — 2008 National Football League season The NFL s newly revamped shield. Regular season Duration September 4[1 … Wikipedia
2005 NFL season — 2005 National Football League season Regular season Duration September 8, 2005 – January 1, 2006 Playoffs Start date January 7, 2006 AFC Champions Pittsburgh Steelers NFC Champions … Wikipedia
2009 NFL season — 2009 National Football League season Regular season Duration September 10, 2009 – January 3, 2010 Playoffs Start date January 9, 2010 AFC Champions Indianapolis Colts NFC Champions … Wikipedia
2006 NFL season — 2006 National Football League season Regular season Duration September 7, 2006 (2006 09 07) – December 31, 2006 Playoffs Start date January 6, 2007 AFC Champions … Wikipedia
1996 NFL season — Infobox NFL year = 1996 NFLchampion = Green Bay Packers regular season = September 1 1996 December 23 1996 playoffs start = December 28 1996 AFCchampion = New England Patriots NFCchampion = Green Bay Packers sb name = XXXI sb date = January 26… … Wikipedia
1976 NFL season — 1976 National Football League season Regular season Duration September 12, 1976 December 12, 1976 Playoffs Start date December 18, 1976 AFC Champions Oakland Raiders NFC Champions … Wikipedia
1921 NFL season — 1921 National Football League season Regular season Duration September 25, 1921 – December 18, 1921 Champions Chicago Staleys National Football League seasons < 1920 … Wikipedia