- No Connection (band)
No Connection Origin Reading, Berkshire, England Genres Rock Years active 1997–present Labels No Connection Music Website http://www.no-connection.com/ Members Graham Young
No Connection were formed in May 1997 in Reading, Berkshire by Graham Young (lead vocals, guitar), Simon Whenlock (bass, backing vocals), and Jon Hill (drums, backing vocals). The group claims as their inspirations the likes of Aerosmith, AC/DC, Deep Purple, George Michael, Public Enemy, Queen, The Cult, Van Halen, and U2.
No Connection released their first album, titled Never Say It's Over, in 1999. The album included six songs, including "Victory Girl", which was featured in the teaser of an episode of First Wave titled "Ohio Players". They followed in January 2000 with the release of Justified, a ten-track album that added four previously unreleased songs to the six from Never Say It's Over. Two of the songs—"Ain't Foolin'" (initially released on Never Say It's Over) and "Love for Free"—reached #1 on MP3.com's Classic Rock chart.
The band released Deal With It, co-produced with John Mitchell, in 2001 through their indie record label No Connection Music. In October 2002, the group toured the United States, performing in Philadelphia, New Jersey, and New York (including at the CBGB club). They also subsequently performed in the Czech Republic and Poland in 2005, and in Lithuania in 2006.
In 2004, No Connection released Love To Hate To Love, followed in 2005 by Feed The Machine and in 2008 by Red Light Fever.
No Connection's music has been featured in two games of the FlatOut video game series: three songs—"Burnin'", "Living American", and "Love to Hate to Love"—were included in the original game (see FlatOut (video game)) and two songs—"The Last Revolution" and "Feed the Machine"—were present in FlatOut: Ultimate Carnage.
- Never Say It's Over (1999)
- Justified (2000)
- Deal with It (2001)
- Love to Hate to Love (2004)
- Feed the Machine (2005)
- Red Light Fever (2008)
- Tal Es La Vida (2010)
- The Best And the Rest (2011) - to be released
- ^ a b c d e "No Connection". BBC. 2006-01-23. http://www.bbc.co.uk/berkshire/content/articles/2006/01/16/local_band_no_connection_feature.shtml. Retrieved 2008-08-15.
- ^ a b c d "No Connection CDs". New Horizons. http://www.elrose.co.uk/CD_Reviews/no_connection_cds.html. Retrieved 2008-08-15.
- ^ "No Connection". BBC. http://www.bbc.co.uk/berkshire/music/local_bands/noconnection.shtml. Retrieved 2008-08-15.
- ^ "Collection: Deal With It by No Connection". Bitmunk. http://bitmunk.com/media/6340296. Retrieved 2008-08-15.
- ^ "No Connection". Xfm. http://www.xfmuploaded.co.uk/noconnection/. Retrieved 2008-08-15.
- ^ "Game Credits for FlatOut". MobyGames. http://www.mobygames.com/game/ps2/flatout/credits. Retrieved 2008-08-15.
- ^ "FlatOut > Credits". Allgame. http://www.allgame.com/cg/agg.dll?p=agg&sql=1:42140~T3. Retrieved 2008-08-15.
- ^ "Game Credits for FlatOut: Ultimate Carnage". MobyGames. http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/flatout-ultimate-carnage/credits. Retrieved 2008-08-15.
- ^ "FlatOut: Ultimate Carnage > Credits". Allgame. http://www.allgame.com/cg/agg.dll?p=agg&sql=1:53068~T3. Retrieved 2008-08-15.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Connection (The Rolling Stones song) — Connection Song by The Rolling Stones from the album Between the Buttons Released 20 January 1967 (UK) 6 February 1967 (US) Recorded August 3–11, 1966 … Wikipedia
Connection (EP) — Connection EP (split) by Home Grown and Limbeck Released 2000 … Wikipedia
Connection (Elastica song) — Connection Single by Elastica from the album Elastica Released … Wikipedia
Band — (b[a^]nd), n. [OE. band, bond, Icel. band; akin to G., Sw., & D. band, OHG. bant, Goth. bandi, Skr. bandha a binding, bandh to bind, for bhanda, bhandh, also to E. bend, bind. In sense 7, at least, it is fr. F. bande, from OHG. bant. [root]90.… … The Collaborative International Dictionary of English
Band saw — Band Band (b[a^]nd), n. [OE. band, bond, Icel. band; akin to G., Sw., & D. band, OHG. bant, Goth. bandi, Skr. bandha a binding, bandh to bind, for bhanda, bhandh, also to E. bend, bind. In sense 7, at least, it is fr. F. bande, from OHG. bant.… … The Collaborative International Dictionary of English
band — n 1 *bond, tie Analogous words: connection, link, joining (see corresponding verbs at JOIN): *joint, articulation, suture 2 *strip, stripe, ribbon, fillet 3 troop, troupe, *company, party … New Dictionary of Synonyms
Connection — Connect, connection, connections, connected, or connectivity may refer to: Contents 1 Mathematics 2 Technology 3 Media … Wikipedia
band — I n 1. company, group, body, assemblage, assembly, aggregation; gathering, multitude, crowd, swarm, horde, host, throng, rabble, mob, crush. 2. set, coterie, clique, circle, gang, bunch, pack; society, association, club, order, sodality,… … A Note on the Style of the synonym finder
No Connection — For the English rock music group, see No Connection (band). No Connection Author Isaac Asimov Country United States Language English Genre(s) … Wikipedia
big band — Band Band (b[a^]nd), n. [OE. band, bond, Icel. band; akin to G., Sw., & D. band, OHG. bant, Goth. bandi, Skr. bandha a binding, bandh to bind, for bhanda, bhandh, also to E. bend, bind. In sense 7, at least, it is fr. F. bande, from OHG. bant.… … The Collaborative International Dictionary of English