- David Kaufman (actor)
David Kaufman Born July 23, 1969
St. Louis, Missouri
Years active 1991–present Spouse Lisa Picotte Website http://www.davidkaufmanweb.com
David Kaufman (born July 23, 1969) is an American voice-over artist and character actor, best known for his roles as the voice of Danny Fenton on Danny Phantom, the voice of Maggie's brother Aldrin on The Buzz on Maggie, and the voice of Marty McFly, Michael J. Fox's animated character, on Back to the Future: The Animated Series.
Kaufman began acting at a young age in his hometown of St. Louis, Missouri, when his kindergarten teacher handed him the plum lead role of Santa Claus in the class Christmas play. Kaufman is the oldest of two brothers, a sister, a stepbrother and a stepsister.
At the age of 18, Kaufman set out from St. Louis, Missouri to attend UCLA's Department of Theatre Arts. Since that time, Kaufman has studied and worked extensively as a professional actor in films and television.
Kaufman lives in Los Angeles with his wife, actress Lisa Picotte, their daughter Gracie, and their son Henry Oliver.
He has had guest-starring roles on such series as:
- Boston Legal
- The Closer
- Stargate SG-1
- The West Wing
- CSI: Crime Scene Investigation
- Touched by an Angel
- Citizen Baines
- Hollywood Off-Ramp
- Step by Step
- Night Court
- Just the Ten of Us
- Highway to Heaven
- Simon and Simon
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars
- Your Mother Wears Combat Boots
- Pearl Harbor
- Role of a Lifetime
- Red Riding Hood (experimental musical comedy, that was the brain-storm of Director Randal Kleiser)
- From the Earth to the Moon (produced by Tom Hanks)
- The Last Prostitute (starring with Sonia Braga)
- Kids Like These (starring with Tyne Daly and Richard Crenna)
- Justice League: Doom
- AT&T (starring with Ray Walston)
- Pepsi (starring with Cindy Crawford)
- Blockbuster (starring with Magic Johnson)
- Kid Cuisine (the voice of K. C. Penguin)
as well as spots for Honda, Maxwell House, Dentyne, Chili's, Midas, Wendy's, Twiglets and British Petroleum, among others.
- Nickelodeon's hit animated series Danny Phantom
- Aldrin Pesky in The Disney Channel's The Buzz on Maggie.
Kaufman has lent his voice to several well-known animated series, including Jimmy Olsen from Superman: The Animated Series/Superman: Brainiac Attacks and Dexter Douglas from Freakazoid!, as well as filling in for Michael J. Fox in both the roles of Marty McFly on Back to the Future: The Animated Series and Stuart Little in HBO's Stuart Little: The Animated Series. He voiced Human Torch in Ultimate Spider-Man (video game), and reprised the role for Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2.
Kaufman has earned several Los Angeles area critics' awards and nominations. He has been a member of the West Coast Ensemble in Los Angeles for over ten years, performing such varied roles as:
- Skeets Miller in Floyd Collins
- Prosecutor Gilmer in To Kill a Mockingbird
- George Lewis in Kaufman and Hart's Once in a Lifetime
- Orestes in Electra
- Tyler in Sondheim and Furth's Merrily We Roll Along
- Ronnie Shaughnessy in The House of Blue Leaves
- Callimaco in Machiavelli's The Mandrake
- Eugene Jerome in Neil Simon's Biloxi Blues
- Paul Palmer in James Duff's A Quarrel of Sparrows at The Court Theatre in Los Angeles
- Stewie in the premiere of Richard Greenberg's Night and Her Stars at South Coast Repertory.
Max Justice, Nitro Byrne in Hot Wheels Velocity X
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
David Thornton (actor) — For other people named David Thornton, see David Thornton (disambiguation). David Thornton Born June 12, 1953 (1953 06 12) (age 58) C … Wikipedia
David Kaufman — or Kaufmann may be: David S. Kaufman (1813–1851), American politician David Kaufman (actor) (born 1969), American voice over character actor David Kaufman (author), theater critic and author of biographies of Charles Ludlam and Doris Day David… … Wikipedia
David Kaufman (author) — For the actor and voice artist, see David Kaufman (actor). David A. Kaufman is an American writer and theatre critic, based in New York City. Kaufman s book on Doris Day, Doris Day: The Untold Story of the Girl Next Door, ISBN 1905264305 was… … Wikipedia
David Letterman — Letterman performing on his show in June 2011. Pseudonym Earl Hofert Born April 12, 1947 (1947 04 12) … Wikipedia
David Carradine — en 2005 Données clés Naissance 8 décembre … Wikipédia en Français
David Zippel — David Joel Zippel (born May 17, 1954) is an American musical theatre lyricist. Contents 1 Biography 1.1 Career 2 Notes 3 External links … Wikipedia
Kaufman — La palabra Kaufman es una variante de la alemana Kaufmann que significa comerciante o mercader, como apellido puede hacer referencia a: Alan S. Kaufman (n. 1944), psicólogo estadounidense Alejandro Kaufman, crítico cultural argentino; Andy… … Wikipedia Español
David Leland — For other people named David Leland, see David Leland (disambiguation). David Leland Born 20 April 1947 (1947 04 20) (age 64) Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, England, UK Occupation Director, Writer David Leland (born 20 April 1947 in Cambr … Wikipedia
David Gordon (choreographer) — For other people of the same name, see David Gordon (disambiguation). David Gordon Born July 14, 1936 (1936 07 14) (age 75) Lower East Side Manhattan, New York City … Wikipedia
George Kaufman — George S. Kaufman Pour les articles homonymes, voir Kaufman. George S. Kaufman vers 1915 George S. Kaufman (parfois crédité George Kaufman) est un … Wikipédia en Français