- Hatice Guleryuz
name = Hatice Guleryuz
imagesize = 150 PX
caption = Video still from Strange Intimacies
birthdate = Birth date and age|1968|2|18|mf=y
nationality = Dutch
8mm film, photography, video, art books, and drawing
training = Fine Arts Jan van Eyck Academie, Maastricht, The Netherlands,
Plymouth University, England, Willem de Kooning Academie, Post Graduate Program, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
works = "The Bus in LA LA Land," 2008; "Strange Intimacies," 2005; "Intensive Care," 2001
Hatice Guleryuz (born
February 18, 1968, in Denizli, Turkey) is a contemporary Dutch artist. Her practice spans a broad range of media including video, photography, art books, 8mm film, and drawing.
Life and work
artat the Fine Arts Jan van Eyck Academie, Maastricht, The Netherlands, Post Graduate Program, Rotterdam at the Willem de Kooning Academie, The Netherlands, and Degree of Master of Arts at the Plymouth University, England.
In 2005 she participated in the
Istanbul Biennial. [ [http://www.iksv.org/bienal/bienal9/english/?Page=Artists&Sub=Az&Content=Hatice_Guleryuz Istanbul Biennial website] ]
Wittgenstein and Contemporary Philosophy of Mind,
Ludwig Wittgenstein, John Cage, Paul Auster, Orhan Pamukand John Zornare major influences on her work.
*"Strange Intimacies" (2005) - A soft-cover "book," considered to be a piece of art rather than a book; 220 page with 60 photos, including an 18-minute video of the same title.
*"Four Images" (2004) - 8 mm film transformed to video, it was filmed in Berlin, Rotterdam and istanbul.
*"Round up the Usual Suspect" (2002) - 8 mm film transformed to video, mix with digital.
*"Intensive Care" ( 2001) - 8 mm film transformed to video.
*"The first ones" - 8 mm film transformed to video.
*"The Bus in LA LA Land" - Public Bus in Hollywood.
*cite book|first=Taip Gerai|last=Skauda|title=Hurts so good|year=2006|publisher=CAC/SMC|id=ISBN 90-72076-17-6
*cite book|first= Halil|last=Altındere|title=USER’S MANUAL Contemporary Art in Turkey 1986-2006|year=2007|publisher=Art-ist|id=
* [http://www.kurzfilmtage.de/en/metanavigation/press/press-releases/festival-2006/radical-closure-send-me-to-the-seas.html http://www.kurzfilmtage.de/en/metanavigation/press/press-releases/festival-2006/radical-closure-send-me-to-the-seas.html]
* [http://www.absolutearts.com/artsnews/2006/06/28/34007.html http://www.absolutearts.com/artsnews/2006/06/28/34007.html]
* [http://www.bootsart.com/html/bootsexhibithereandelse.html http://www.bootsart.com/html/bootsexhibithereandelse.html]
* [http://the-artists.org/artist/Hatice_Guleryuz.html http://the-artists.org/artist/Hatice_Guleryuz.html]
* [http://www.artdaily.com/indexv5.asp?int_sec=11&int_new=18320 Art videos, 2008]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.