name = SetACL
developer = Helge Klein
latest_release_version = 2.0.3
7 May, 2008
website = [http://setacl.sourceforge.net/ setacl.sourceforge.net]
SetACL is a
free softwareutility for manipulating security descriptors on Microsoft Windows. [ [http://setacl.sourceforge.net/html/doc-basics.html SetACL Documentation basics] ] It is available under the GNU General Public License(GPL) as a command line utility and as an ActiveXcomponent.
This list of features is taken from the main
sourceforgearticle. [ [http://setacl.sourceforge.net/ SetACL Windows permission management] ]
* Supports the following object types on Windows 2000, XP, Vista
NTFSfiles and directories
**Active Directory objects
* Manages permissions on local or remote systems in domains or workgroups.
* Sets multiple permissions for multiple users or groups in a single command.
* Controls how permissions are inherited.
* List, backup and restore permissions.
* All operations work on a single object or recursively on a directory or registry tree.
* Set the owner to any user or group.
* Unicode support.
* Remove, replace or copy a user or group from an ACL.
* Fast performance due to time consuming steps such as recursing a large file system are performed only once.
* Filter out object names not to be processed.
To set 'change' permissions on the directory 'C:angela' for user 'brian' in domain 'dom1'.
SetACL.exe -on "C:angela" -ot file -actn ace -ace "n:dom1rian;p:change"
An example of its use from AutoIt can be found [http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=74626 here]
*March 2001 SetACL program 0.x development begins
*December 2002 SetACL program 2.x development begins
*April 2003 2.0 beta 1 released
*July 2003 2.0 final released
*September 2003 220.127.116.11 released - Remove, replace or copy all Access Control Entries (ACEs) belonging to users or groups of a specified domain.
*January 2004 2.0.2 released -
ActiveXsupport. can be used from any language that supports COM including AutoIt, Visual Basic, Perl, VBScript.
*May 2008 2.0.3 released - x64 support
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Cacls — (Change Access Control Lists) is a command line utility for Microsoft Windows to change Access Control List (ACL) permissions on a directory, its subcontents, or files. An access control list is a list of permissions for securable object, such as … Wikipedia
Autoit — Développeur Jonathan Bennett et le groupe AutoIt Dernière version … Wikipédia en Français
AutoIt — Infobox Software name = AutoIt caption = developer = Jonathan Bennett AutoIt Team latest release version = 18.104.22.168 latest release date = June 12th, 2008 operating system = Microsoft Windows genre = GUI Scripting language Automation license =… … Wikipedia
Security descriptor — Security descriptors are data structures of security information for securable Windows objects, that is objects that can be identified by a unique name. Security descriptors can be associated with any named objects, including files, folders,… … Wikipedia