- Microsoft BizTalk Server
Microsoft BizTalk Server, often referred to as simply "BizTalk", is an Enterprise Service Bus. Through the use of "adapters" which are tailored to communicate with different software systems used in an enterprise, it enables companies to automate business processes. Offered by Microsoft, it provides the following functions: Enterprise Application Integration, Business Process Automation, Business-To-Business Communication, Message broker, and Business Activity Monitoring. Recently[when?] the BizTalk Server is repositioned not only as the Application Integration Server but also as the Application Server.
In a common scenario, BizTalk enables companies to integrate and manage automated business processes by exchanging business documents such as purchase orders and invoices between disparate applications, within or across organizational boundaries. Human-centric processes cannot be implemented directly with BizTalk Server and need additional applications like Microsoft SharePoint server.
Development for BizTalk Server is done through Microsoft Visual Studio. A developer can create transformation maps transforming one message type to another (for example an XML file can be transformed to SAP IDocs, etc.). Messages inside BizTalk are implemented through the XML documents and defined with the XML schemas in XSD standard. Maps are implemented with the XSLT standard. Orchestrations are implemented with the WS-BPEL compatible process language xLANG. Schemas, maps, pipelines and orchestrations are created visually using graphical tools within Microsoft Visual Studio. The additional functionality can be delivered by .NET assemblies that can be called from existing modules--including, for instance, orchestrations, maps, pipelines, business rules.
Versions for Windows 
- 2000 - BizTalk Server 2000
- 2002 - BizTalk Server 2002
- 2004 - BizTalk Server 2004 (First version to run on Microsoft .NET 1.0)
- 2006 - BizTalk Server 2006 (First version to run on Microsoft .NET 2.0)
- 2007 - BizTalk Server 2006 R2 (First version to utilize the new Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) via native adapter - (Release date October 2, 2007))
- 2009 - BizTalk Server 2009 (First version to work with Visual Studio 2008)
- 2010 - BizTalk Server 2010 (First version to work with Visual Studio 2010 and Microsoft .NET 4.0)
The following is an incomplete list of the technical features in the BizTalk Server:
- The use of adapters to simplify integration to Line of Business Applications (e.g. Siebel, SAP, IFS Applications, JD Edwards, Oracle, Microsoft Dynamics CRM), Databases (Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, DB2) and other Technologies (Tibco, Java EE, etc.)
- Accelerators offer support for enterprise standards like RosettaNet, HL7, HIPAA, SWIFT, etc.
- Business Rule Engine (BRE). This is a Rete algorithm rule engine.
- Business Activity Monitoring (BAM), which allows a dashboard, aggregated (PivotTable) view on how the Business Processes are doing and how messages are processed.
- A unified Administration Console for deployment, monitoring and operations of solutions, etc. on BizTalk servers in environment.
- Built-in EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) functionality supporting X12 and EDIFACT, as of BizTalk 2006 R2.
- Ability to do graphical modelling of business processes in Visual Studio, model documents with XML schemas, graphically mapping (with the assistance of functoids) between different schemas, and building pipelines to decrypt, verify, parse messages as they enter or exit the system via adapters.
- Users can automate business management processes via Orchestrations.
- BizTalk integrates with other Microsoft products like Microsoft Dynamics CRM, SQL Server, and SharePoint to allow interaction with a user participating in a workflow process.
- Extensive support for Webservices (consuming and exposing)
- RFID support, as of BizTalk 2006 R2.
The BizTalk Server runtime is built on a publish/subscribe architecture, sometimes called "content-based publish/subscribe". Messages are published into the BizTalk, transformed to desired format, and then routed to one or more subscribers.
BizTalk makes processing safe by serialization (called dehydration in Biztalk's terminology) messages into a database while waiting for external events, thus preventing data loss. This architecture binds BizTalk with Microsoft SQL Server. Processing flow can be tracked by administrators using an Administration Console. BizTalk supports the transaction flow through the whole line from one customer to another. BizTalk orchestrations also implement long-running transactions.
See . BizTalk uses adapters for communications with different protocols, message formats, and specific software products. Some of the adapters are: EDI, File, HTTP, FTP, SFTP, SMTP, POP3, SOAP, SQL, MSMQ, Microsoft SharePoint Server, IBM mainframe zSeries (CICS and IMS) and midrange iSeries (AS/400) server, IBM DB2, IBM WebSphere MQ adapters. The WCF Adapter set was added with 2006 R2. It includes: WCF-WSHttp, WCF-BasicHttp, WCF-NetTcp, WCF-NetMsmq, WCF-NetNamedPipe, WCF-Custom, WCF-CustomIsolated adapters. Microsoft also ships a BizTalk Adapter Pack that includes WCF-based adapters for Line of Business (LOB) systems. Currently, this includes adapters for SAP, Oracle database, Oracle E-Business Suite, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, PeopleSoft Enterprise and Siebel_Systems.
- ^ "BizTalk: Timeline: Platform Support". http://geekswithblogs.net/LeonidGaneline/archive/2010/10/19/biztalk-timeline-platform-support.aspx.
- ^ "BizTalk 2009 R2 gets a new name; still due in 2010". ZDNet. http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=5656.
- ^ "Runtime architecture". Microsoft Developer Network. http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa562161.aspx. Retrieved 2008-11-30.
- ^ "BizTalk Adapters". http://www.microsoft.com/biztalk/en/us/adapters-included.aspx.
- ^ "WCF Adapters". http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb259952(v=BTS.70).aspx.
The main competitors are:
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Microsoft BizTalk Server — Microsoft BizTalk Server программный продукт компании Microsoft, обеспечивающий возможность автоматизации и управления бизнес процессами на внутрикорпоративном и межкорпоративном уровне. Используя BizTalk, организации могут создавать… … Википедия
Microsoft BizTalk Server — Microsoft BizTalk Server, ou plus simplement “BizTalk”, est un serveur de gestion des processus métiers (Business Process Management). A travers l’utilisation d’adaptateurs conçus pour communiquer avec les différents systèmes logiciels utilisés… … Wikipédia en Français
Microsoft BizTalk Server — Microsoft BizTalk Server, a menudo denominado simplemente BizTalk , es un servidor Gestión de procesos de negocio (BPM). Por medio del uso de adaptadores diseñados para comunicarse con diferentes tipos de software usados en una empresa de gran… … Wikipedia Español
Microsoft SharePoint Server — Entwickler Microsoft Corporation Aktuelle Version Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2010 Betriebssystem Windows Server Lizenz Proprietär Deutschspra … Deutsch Wikipedia
Microsoft Commerce Server — is a Microsoft product for building e commerce systems. It uses Microsoft .NET technology. The latest release of the product is Commerce Server 2009. It was launched at the National Retail Federation (NRF) in New York in January 2009, with its… … Wikipedia
Microsoft Exchange Server — Developer(s) Microsoft Corporation Initial release June 11, 1996 (1996 06 11) Stable release Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 SP1 / A … Wikipedia
Microsoft SQL Server — Developer(s) Microsoft Stable release SQL Server 2008 R2 (10.50.2500.0 Service Pack 1) / July 11, 2011; 4 months ago … Wikipedia
Microsoft Lync Server — (previously Microsoft Office Communications Server) is an enterprise real time communications server, providing the infrastructure for enterprise instant messaging, presence, file transfer, peer to peer and multiparty voice and video calling, ad… … Wikipedia
Microsoft Search Server — (MSS) is an enterprise search platform from Microsoft, based on the search capabilities of Microsoft Office SharePoint Server. MSS shares its architectural underpinnings with the Windows Search platform for both the querying engine as well as… … Wikipedia
Microsoft ISA Server — Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration Server Тип Брандмауэр, VPN, Кэширование Web страниц Разработчик Microsoft Операционная система Microsoft Windows Server Последняя версия Microsoft Internet Security and … Википедия