- Uncial 055
New Testament manuscripts
papyri • uncials • minuscules • lectionaries
Uncial 055 Text Gospels Date 11th century Script Greek Now at National Library of France Size 26 x 19.5 cm Type Byzantine text-type Category none Note Commentary
Uncial 055 (in the Gregory-Aland numbering), is a Greek uncial manuscript of the New Testament, dated paleographically to the 11th century. The codex contains a commentary with incomplete text of the four Gospels, on 303 parchment leaves (26 cm by 19.5 cm).
The text is written in one column per page, 37 lines per page.
The manuscript is written in semi-uncial variously listed as an uncial and a minuscule, is reported as "very peculiar in its style and beautifully written". Hermann von Soden did not include it in his catalog. According to some scholars it is a commentary rather, but not a manuscript of New Testament.
The Greek text of this codex is a representative of the Byzantine text-type, but Aland did not placed it in any Category. It is one of very few uncial manuscripts do not cited in Nestle-Aland Novum Testamentum Graece.
Currently it is dated by the INTF to the 11th century.
- ^ a b c d Aland, Kurt; Barbara Aland; Erroll F. Rhodes (trans.) (1995). The Text of the New Testament: An Introduction to the Critical Editions and to the Theory and Practice of Modern Textual Criticism. Grand Rapids: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company. p. 119. ISBN 978-0-8028-4098-1.
- ^ a b c Gregory, Caspar René (1900). Textkritik des Neuen Testaments, Vol. 1. Leipzig: Hinrichs. p. 178. http://www.archive.org/stream/textkritikdesne00greggoog#page/n191/mode/2up.
- ^ "Liste Handschriften". Münster: Institute for New Testament Textual Research. http://intf.uni-muenster.de/vmr/NTVMR/ListeHandschriften.php. Retrieved 9 April 2011.
- ^ J. Burgon, The last Twelve Verses of Mark (London, 1871), pp. 282-287.
- ^ Jean-Pierre-Paul Martin, Description technique des manuscrits grecs relatifs au N. T., conservés dans les bibliothèques des Paris (Paris 1883), p. 81.
- J. Burgon, The last Twelve Verses of Mark (London, 1871), pp. 282-287.
- Codex 055: at the Encyclopedia of Textual Criticism.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Categories of New Testament manuscripts — New Testament manuscripts are categorized into five groups. [Aland:106f,332 337.] This categorization scheme was introduced in 1981 by Kurt and Barbara Aland in Der Text des Neuen Testaments . The categories are based on how each manuscript… … Wikipedia
List of New Testament uncials — A New Testament uncial is a copy of a portion of the New Testament in Greek or Latin capital or uncial letters, written on parchment or vellum.New Testament uncials are distinct from: * New Testament papyri written on papyrus and generally more… … Wikipedia
Biblioteca Marciana — The Biblioteca Marciana building, designed by Jacopo Sansovino. The Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana (English: National Library of St Mark s) is a library and Renaissance building in Venice, northern Italy; it is one of the earliest surviving public … Wikipedia
education — /ej oo kay sheuhn/, n. 1. the act or process of imparting or acquiring general knowledge, developing the powers of reasoning and judgment, and generally of preparing oneself or others intellectually for mature life. 2. the act or process of… … Universalium