Codnor Park and Selston railway station


Codnor Park and Selston railway station
Codnor Park and Selston
Operations
Original company Great Northern Railway
Post-grouping London and North Eastern Railway
History
1 August 1876 Station opens as Codnor Park and Selston
22 May 1901 renamed Codnor Park for Ironville and Jacksdale
1 July 1950 renamed Jacksdale
7 January 1963 Station closes[1]
Disused railway stations in the United Kingdom
Closed railway stations in Britain
A B C D–F G H–J K–L M–O P–R S T–V W–Z
Portal icon UK Railways portal

Codnor Park and Selston railway station was a former railway station to serve the villages of Codnor Park and Selston on the border between Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire and was actually in Jacksdale. In some timetables it was listed as Codnor Park and Selston for Ironville and Jacksdale.

It was opened by the Great Northern Railway (Great Britain) on its Derbyshire Extension in 1875-6 and closed in 1964.[2]

It lay on the branch from Awsworth Junction, to Pinxton, Codnor Park being important for an ironworks belonging to the Butterley Company.

Codnor Park and Ironville railway station opened nearby in 1847 on the Midland Railway Erewash Valley Line.

References

  1. ^ Butt, R.V.J., (1995) The Directory of Railway Stations, Yeovil: Patrick Stephens
  2. ^ Higginson, M., (1989) The Friargate Line:Derby and the Great Northern Railway, Derby: Golden Pingle Publishing

     

Coordinates: 53°03′33″N 1°20′16″W / 53.05923°N 1.33777°W / 53.05923; -1.33777

Preceding station Disused railways Following station
Eastwood and Langley Mill   Great Northern Railway
GNR Derbyshire and Staffordshire Extension
Pinxton Branch
  Pye Hill and Somercotes

Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.

Look at other dictionaries:


Share the article and excerpts

Direct link
Do a right-click on the link above
and select “Copy Link”

We are using cookies for the best presentation of our site. Continuing to use this site, you agree with this.