- Sensis Agency
Sensis is a
privately held, minority-owned and operated multicultural interactive advertisingagency based in downtown Los Angeles, California.
Originally founded by José Villa in 1998 as Focus Multimedia, [ [http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m5072/is_27_25/ai_105851536|Wendy Madnick "Focus on Hispanics: the two founders behind dot-com survivor Focus Multimedia believe they are well positioned to benefit form the fast-growing Spanish advertising marketplace". Los Angeles Business Journal. July 7, 2003.] ] ] Sensis currently represents the
U.S. Army, [ [http://www.mobilemarketer.com/cms/news/advertising/1318.html U.S. Army tests mobile for Hispanic housing, business - Mobile Marketer - Advertising ] ] Sempra Energy, San Diego Gas & Electric, Southern California Gas Company, the California Lottery, L.A. Care Health Plan, [ Joel Russell "Sensis". Los Angeles Business Journal. Jan 28, 2008. FindArticles.com. 16 Jul. 2008.] [ [http://www.hispanicad.com/cgi-bin/news/newsarticle.cgi?article_id=23454&search_string=sensis&criteria=Any HispanicAd -News ] ] UnitedHealthcare, the Cooperative of American Physicians, West Basin Water District, First 5 Santa Barbara County, White Memorial Medical Center, United Behavioral Health, Union Bank of California, Corona (beer)/ Modelo, El Clasificado, Stanislaus County, Versailles Restaurants (Los Angeles), Porto’s Bakery, Grand Central Market, The Walt Disney Company, Ad Council[ [http://www.hispanicad.com/cgi-bin/news/newsarticle.cgi?article_id=24198&search_string=sensis&criteria=Any HispanicAd -News ] ] and the City of Patterson, California. [ Joel Russell "Foreign language advertising is booming online". Los Angeles Business Journal. Nov 5, 2007. FindArticles.com. 16 Jul. 2008.] [ [http://www.allbusiness.com/marketing-advertising/marketing-advertising/5284266-1.html Pioneering Los Angeles Interactive Advertising Agency Rebrands to Sensis. | North America > United States from AllBusiness.com ] ]
Sensis has built Web sites, landing pages, online ads and provided other digital marketing and advertising services for
FOX Entertainment, Johnson & Johnson, Masterplan, Inc., Southern California Edisonand All Nippon Airways.
Sensis was founded (as Focus Multimedia) by José Villa in
1998, as a Web developmentfirm. An AB cum laudein Economicsfrom Harvard Universityand MBAfrom the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, Mr. Villa began his career in management consulting with Mitchell Madison Group, later launching the Hispanic-focused Internet startup TuRumbo.com, before launching and growing Sensis into a full-service interactive agency. [ [http://hispanicentrepreneur.blogspot.com/2008/01/jose-villa-wwwsensiscom.html Hispanic Entrepreneur: Jose Villa > www.sensisagency.com ] ] [ [http://www.hispanicmarketweekly.com/article.cms?id=9743 Un Nuevo Enfoque ] ] [ [http://www.hispanicad.com/cgi-bin/news/newsarticle.cgi?article_id=22843&search_string=sensis&criteria=Any HispanicAd -News ] ] In July 2008, "Hispanic Business" magazine's ranking of the Fastest Growing Hispanic-Owned Companies ranked Sensis No. 1 in California and No. 13 nationally. [ [http://www.hispanicbusiness.com/news/2008/7/30/unveiling_the_secrets_behind_hispanic_business.htm | Michael Bowker "Unveiling the Secrets Behind Hispanic Business' 100 Fastest-Growing Companies". Hispanic Business. June/July, 2008.] ] ] [ [http://www.hispanicbusiness.com/news/2008/8/6/the_hispanic_business_100_fastestgrowing_companies.htm |"The Hispanic Business 100 Fastest-Growing Companies". Hispanic Business. June/July, 2008.] ] ] "Inc." magazine ranked Sensis No. 329 on its 2008 "Inc. 500" list of America's fastest growing private companies. It ranked No. 21 in the top 100 businesses in the Los Angeles-Long Beach-Santa Ana, California area, and placed No. 26 in the top 100 advertising and marketing companies listed on the "Inc. 5,000" list. [ [http://www.inc.com/inc5000/2008/company-profile.html?id=200803290 | "Inc. 500/5,000 List". Inc. September, 2008.] ] ]
CPUCSupplier Clearinghouse MBE Certified (#7GN00028)
* California Unified Certification Program (CUCP) Certified MBE/DBE
* U.S. SBA Certified Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB)
* U.S. SBA Certified 8(a) Firm
* U.S. SBA Certified HUBZone firm
* California Hispanic Corporate Council—Corporate Member
* Association of Hispanic Advertising Agencies (AHAA)—Full Member [ [http://www.ahaa.org/agencies/agencycontactinfo.htm#Sensis AHAA Member Agencies ] ]
Awards & Recognitions
* 2001 “Business of the Year” — Latin Business Association
* 2002 Outstanding Achievement in Web Development for the
La Opinión2002 World Cup Web site — The Web Marketing Association
* 2003 Technology Firm of the Year — U.S. Department of Commerce’s
Minority Business Development Agency
* 2008 “Best in Class” Award for the OptumHealth-United Behavioral Health Latino Behavioral Health Resources Web site —
Interactive Media Awards[ "OptumHealth's Hispanic Web Site Wins Highest Health Care Honor at 2008 Interactive Media Awards". Business Wire. June 12, 2008. FindArticles.com. 16 Jul. 2008.] [ [http://www.interactivemediaawards.com/winners/certificate.asp?param=51146&cat=1 Interactive Media Awards - Winner Page ] ]
* 2008 "No. 1 Fastest Growing Hispanic-Owned Company in California, No. 13 Nationally" — "Hispanic Business" Magazine
* 2008 "No. 329 Fastest Growing Private Company in America, No. 21 Top 100 businesses in LA-Long Beach-Santa Ana, CA, No. 26 Top 100 advertising and marketing companies" — "Inc. 500/5,000 List"
* [http://www.sensisagency.com/ Sensis Web site]
* [http://sensisblog.com/ SensisBlog]
* [http://www.thinkmulticultural.com/ ThinkMulticultural.com]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.