- Yuri Lvov
Dr. Yuri Lvov is an expert on micromanufacturing and a professor of chemistry, and Tolbert Pipes Eminent Endowed Chair on Micro and Nanosystems at the Institute for Micromanufacturing
Louisiana Tech University. He earned his B.S. degree from Moscow State University, Russia in 1974 and his Ph.D. degree in Physical Chemistry (protein crystallography) from the same university in 1979; He subsequently worked at the Max Planck Institute),the Japanese ERATO Supramolecule Project, and the USA Naval Research Laboratorybefore coming to Louisiana Tech in 1999. He was named to his professorship in 2004.
His area of specialization is nanotechnology, specifically the nanoassembly of ultrathin organized films, bio/nanocomposites, nano/construction of ordered shells on tiny templates (drug nanocapsules, shells on microbes and viruses), and clay nanotubes for controlled release of bioactive agents. Lvov holds 9 US and Japanese patents on nanoassembly. He was among pioneers of the polyelectrolyte layer-by-layer (LbL) assembly, - a nanotechnology method which, after first papers in 1993, followed by many thousands publications by researchers all over the world. LbL nanoassembly already found industrial applications for eye lens modification, improvement of cellulose fiber for better fabric and paper, microcapsules for insulin sustained release, cancer drug nanocapsules, and others.
His group's funding exceeded $4 million in the last five years
*Best of Small Tech National Innovator Award , 2007
*Medal for Best Research Achievements from Louisiana Tech University, 2005
*Royal Chemical Society Publication Award, 1999, UK;
*Alexander von Humboldt Fellowship, 1991-1993, Germany;
*Member, Alexander von Humboldt Foundation,
American Chemical Society, s
*Member, TAPPI (Technical Association for Pulp and Paper Industry)
National Science Foundation, National Institutes of Health, American Chemical Society Petroleum Foundation, and Army Research Office
*Member of Editorial Board of the Journal of Biomedical Nanotechnology and peer reviewer for many journals
Lvov has co-edited two books, and written or co-written 18 book chapters and more than 160
peer reviewed papers.
In 2004, the
Institute of Scientific Informationranked his group's article in “Langmuir,” v.9, p.481, among three most cited papers on molecular self-assembly(citations: 370); his co-authored paper on protein architecture in the Journal of the American Chemical Society, 1995, v.117, p.6177 was cited 570 times.
"Protein Architecture: Interfacial Molecular Assembly and Immobilization Biotechnology", Editors: Y. Lvov and H. Möhwald, 2000, Marcel Dekker Publ., NY, pp. 1-394.
“Bio-Inorganic Nanostructured Hybrid Materials,” Editors: E. Ruiz-Hitzky and Y. Lvov, 2006, Wiley Publ., London, Berlin, New York, pp. 1-320
Total – 150 articles published in peer reviewed journals; 25 most important articles are given below:
1. Z. Zheng, J. McDonald, T. Shutava, G. Grozdits, Y. Lvov, J. Nanoscience Nanotechnology, v.6, 324-332, 2006, “Layer-by-Layer Nanocoating of Lignocellulose Fibers for Enhanced Paper Properties”
2. N. Pargaonkar, Y. Lvov, M. de Villiers, Pharmaceutical Res., v.22, 826-835, 2005, “Controlled Release of Dexamethasone from Microcapsules Produced by Polyelectrolyte Layer-by-Layer Nanoassembly.”
3. D. Kommireddy, T. Shutava, D. Mills, Y. Lvov, J. Nanoscience Nanotechnology, v.5, 1081-1087, 2005, “Layer-by-Layer Assembly of TiO2 Nanoparticle for Stable Hydrophilic Biocompatible Coating”
4. T. Shutava, M. Prouty, Y. Lvov, Macromolecules, 2005, v.38, 2850-2856, “pH Responsible Decomposable Layer-by-Layer Films and Capsules on the Basis of Tannic Acid”
5. D. Shchukin, R. Price, G. Sukhorukov, Y. Lvov, Small (Nano- Micro), v.1, 510-513, 2005, “Biomimetic Synthesis of Vaterite in the Interior of Clay Nanotubules”
6. D. Shchukin, G. Sukhorukov, Y. Lvov, J. Am. Chem. Society, 2004, v.126, 3374-3376, “Nanoassembly of Biodegradable Microcapsules for DNA Encasing”
7. T. Cui, Y. Lvov, IEEE Electronic Devices, 2004, v.51, 503-507 “Field Effect Transistor Fabricated by Electrostatic Layer-by-Layer Nanoassembly”
8. F. Hua, T. Cui, Y. Lvov, Nano Letter, 2004, v.4, 878-882, “Ultrathin Cantilevers Based on Polymer-Ceramic Nanocomposite Assembled through Layer-by-Layer Adsorption”
9. D. Shchukin, T. Cui, G. Sukhorukov, Y. Lvov,
Advanced Materials, 2004, v.16, 389-393, “Fabrication of Polyelectrolyte/Protein Microarrays Using a Laminar Flow Microfluidic Device”
10. T. Shutava, V. John, Y. Lvov, Biomacromolecules, 2004, v.5, 914-921, “Microcapsule Modification with Peroxidase Catalyzed Phenol Polymerization”
11. R. Ghan, T. Shutava, V. John, Y. Lvov, Macromolecules, 2004, v.37, 4519, “Enzyme Catalyzed Polymerization of Phenols within Polyelectrolyte Microcapsules”
12. F. Hua, Y. Lvov, T. Cui, Thin Solid Films, 2004, v.449, 222-225, “A Lithographic Approach of Spatial Separation for Multiple Types of Layer-by-Layer Self-Assembled Nanoparticles”
13. H. Ai, Y. Lvov, S. Jones, Cell Biochemistry and Biophysics, 2003, v.39, 23-43, “Biomedical Applications of Electrostatic Layer-by-Layer Nano-Assembly of Polymers, Enzymes and Nanoparticles”
14. H. Ai, S. Jones, M. de Villiers, Y. Lvov, J. Controlled Release, 2003, v.86, 59-66, “Nanoencapsulation of Furosemide Microcrystals for Controlled Drug Release”
15. F. Hua, Y. Lvov, T. Cui, Nanotechnology, 2003, v.14, 453-457, “Fabrication and Characterization of Capacitor Based on Layer-by-Layer Self-Assembled Thin Films”
16. F. Hua, Y. Lvov, T. Cui, Nano Letters, 2002, v.2, 1219-1222, “Patterning of Layer-by-layer Self-assembled Multiple Types of Nanoparticle Thin Films by Lithographic Technique
17. F. Hua, Y. Lvov, Langmuir, 2002, v.18, 6712-6715, “Lithographic Approach to Pattern Self-Assembled Polyelectrolyte Multilayers”
18. M. McShane, J. Brown, K. Guice, Y. Lvov, J. Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, 2002, v.2, 411-416, “Polyelectrolyte Microshells as Carriers for Fluorescent Sensors: Loading and Sensing Properties of a Ruthenium-Based Oxygen Indicator”
19. H. Ai, M. Fang, S. Jones, Y. Lvov, Biomacromolecules, 2002, v.3, 560-564 “Electrostatic Layer-by-Layer Nano-Assembly on Biological Microtemplates: Platelets”20. Y. Lvov, F. Caruso, Analytical Chemistry, 2001, v.73, 4212-4217, “Biocolloids with Ordered Urease Multilayer Shells as Enzymatic Reactors”
21. Y. Lvov, A. Antipov, H. Möhwald, G. Sukhorukov, Nano Letters, 2001, v.1, 125-128, “Urease Encapsulation in Nano/organized Microshells”
22. Y. Lvov, R. Price, A. Singh, J. Selinger, J. Schnur, Langmuir, 2000, v.16, 5932-5935, “Nanoscale Patterning on Biologically Derived Microstructures”
23. Y. Lvov, J. Schenkman, J. Rusling, J. Am. Chemical Society, 1998, v.120, 4073-4080 “Direct Electrochemistry of Myoglobin and Cytochrome P450 in Alternate Layer-by-Layer Films with DNA and other Polyions”
24. K. Ariga, Y. Lvov, T. Kunitake, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 1997, v.119, 2224-2231 "Assembling Alternate Dye-Polyion Molecular Films by Electrostatic Layer-by-Layer Adsorption"
25. Y. Lvov, I. Ichinose, T. Kunitake, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 1995, v.117, 6117-6122 "Assembly of Multicomponent Protein Films by Means of Electrostatic Layer-by-Layer Adsorption"
* [http://www2.latech.edu/~ylvov/ Dr. Yuri Lvov]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Yuri Bashmet — Iouri Bachmet Iouri Abramovitch Bachmet (en russe : Юрий Абрамович Башмет) est un célèbre altiste russe, né le 24 janvier 1953 à Rostov sur le Don. Sommaire 1 Biographie 2 Note … Wikipédia en Français
List of Russian people — The Millennium of Russia monument in Veliky Novgorod, featuring the statues and reliefs of the most celebrated people in the first 1000 years of Russian history … Wikipedia
Discontinued ISSF shooting events — This article includes the ISSF World Shooting Championships medal tables of currently discontinued shooting events. The events that International Shooting Sport Federation presently includes in World Championships and Olympic Games are listed in… … Wikipedia
Grand Duke Michael Alexandrovich of Russia — Grand Duke Michael Alexandrovich Spouse Natalia Brasova Issue George, Count Brasov Full name Mikhail Aleksandrovich Romanov … Wikipedia
Galicia-Volhynia — Infobox Former Country native name = Галицко Волинскоє Королѣвство(Галицько Волинське королівство) conventional long name = Kingdom of Galicia Volhynia common name = Galicia Volhynian Kingdom continent = Europe region = Europe year start = 1199… … Wikipedia
Minuta slavy — Минута славы Format Interactive reality game show Presented by Garik Martirosyan Alexander Tsekalo Alexander Oleshko Ville Haapasalo Julia Kovalchuk Dmitry Shepelev Judges Alexander Maslyakov (all seasons) Tatiana Tolstaya … Wikipedia
Nicholas II of Russia — Nicholas II redirects here. For other uses, see Nicholas II (disambiguation). Nicholas II Emperor and Autocrat of All the Russias Reign 1 Novem … Wikipedia
Russia — /rush euh/, n. 1. Also called Russian Empire. Russian, Rossiya. a former empire in E Europe and N and W Asia: overthrown by the Russian Revolution 1917. Cap.: St. Petersburg (1703 1917). 2. See Union of Soviet Socialist Republics. 3. See Russian… … Universalium
Lviv — Lwów , Lvov , and Lemberg redirect here. For other uses, see Lwów (ship), Lvov (disambiguation), and Lemberg (disambiguation). Lviv Львів View of the historic Old Town … Wikipedia
Liberation (film series) — Liberation A 1970 poster of Liberation. Directed by Yuri Ozerov co director: Julius Kun … Wikipedia