- Canadians for Accountability
Canadians for Accountability is a
non-profit organizationestablished in 2008 to advocate on whistleblowingissues in Canada and provide support to both public sectorand private sectorwhistleblowers. Canadians for Accountability is Canada's only national whistleblower protection organization. The current Presidentis Allan Cutler, the former Conservative Party of Canadacandidate notable for his role as the whistleblower who triggered the Sponsorship Scandal. [ [http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2005/11/23/cutler-conservative051123.html Sponsorship whistleblower to run for Tories] ]
The stated goals of the organization are to:
* Educate Canadians about whistleblowing and abusive management situations through counselling, education and assistance in accordance with the law,
* To promoting an understanding of whistleblowing: what it is, the dynamics, the culture, mechanisms and solutions,
* Promote public awareness of the importance and value of whistleblowing in the Canadian context, including labour unions, senior management and employees, and
* Advocate for a culture of truth, transparency and integrity in Canada's public and private sector institutions and Canadian society in general.
* [http://canadians4accountability.org Canadians for Accountability]
* [http://www.whistleblower.org Government Accountability Project]
* [http://www.worldwidewhistleblowers.com Worldwide Whistleblowers]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.