- David Fricke
Fricke's interviews with Kurt Cobain and Courtney Love for Rolling Stone, prior to Cobain's death, were widely cited. In one, Love spoke of an unreleased song that Cobain wrote prior to his suicide titled "Me and My IV", which was recorded to "Do, Re, Mi".
Fricke has appeared on the Classic Albums documentaries on the making of Pink Floyd's The Dark Side of the Moon, Cream's Disraeli Gears, Def Leppard's Hysteria, Nirvana's Nevermind, Metallica's Black Album, Frank Zappa's Apostrophe and Over-Nite Sensation as well as Rush's Moving Pictures and 2112 albums. Fricke has also appeared on a number of Lou Reed documentaries and in the Wilco documentary I Am Trying to Break Your Heart.
Fricke wrote the introduction to the program guide for Phish's 2009 Halloween performance of Exile on Main Street.
Fricke today writes the "Fricke's Picks" column in the Rolling Stone record review section.
- The 1993 Moby Grape compilation Vintage: The Very Best of Moby Grape
- The 1993 John Prine compilation Great Days
- The 1993 Led Zeppelin compilation Led Zeppelin Box Set, Vol. 2
- The 1995 Hüsker Dü live album The Living End
- The 1995 Velvet Underground box set Peel Slowly and See; the 1997 "Fully loaded" reissue of Loaded
- The 1996–2000 Byrds CD reissue series
- The 1997 Simon & Garfunkel compilation "Old Friends"
- The 1997 Paul Kelly compilation "Songs from The South: Paul Kelly's Greatest Hits"
- The 1998 Metallica covers compilation Garage Inc.
- The 1999 Jimi Hendrix live compilation Live at Woodstock
- The 1999 Ramones compilation Hey Ho! Let's Go: The Anthology
- The 2002 Nirvana "best-of" compilation Nirvana
- The 2005 Violent Femmes "best of" compilation Permanent Record: The Very Best of Violent Femmes
- The 2006 Def Leppard 20th Anniversary Hysteria "Deluxe Edition"
- The 2006 Frank Zappa box set The MOFO Project/Object
- The 2007 The Church "best of" compilation Deep in the Shallows
- The 2007 Led Zeppelin "best of" compilation Mothership
- The 2008 Billy Joel box set The Stranger 30th Anniversary Edition
- The 2009 Frank Zappa box set Lumpy Money
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Fricke — may refer to:People*Aaron Fricke (b. 1961), American gay rights activist *David Fricke, senior editor of Rolling Stone magazine *Florian Fricke (1944 ndash; 2001), German musician *Humberto Guzmán Fricke (b. 1919), Bolivian politician *Janie… … Wikipedia
David Lee Roth — Diamond Dave redirects here. For the album, see Diamond Dave (album). For the song by The Bird and the Bee, see Diamond Dave (song). David Lee Roth David Lee Roth, 2007 Backgrou … Wikipedia
David Smith (sculpteur) — Pour les articles homonymes, voir David Smith. Cubi VI (1963), Israel Museum, Jérusalem. David Smith (1906 1965) est un sculpteur … Wikipédia en Français
David Mrůzek — Medal record Men s canoe slalom World Championships Gold 2007 Foz do Iguaçu C 2 team David Mrůzek is a Czech slalom canoer who competed in the 1990s and 2000s. He won a gold medal in the C 2 team event at the 2007 ICF Canoe Slalom World… … Wikipedia
Outside (David Bowie album) — Outside Studio album by David Bowie Released 26 September 1995 … Wikipedia
Olaf Fricke — Medal record Men s canoe slalom World Championships Gold 1973 Muotathal C 2 team Olaf Fricke (born January 1, 1951) is a West German slalom canoer who competed in the early 1970s. He finished seventh in the C 2 event at the 1972 Summer Olympics… … Wikipedia
Tonight (David Bowie album) — Tonight Studio album by David Bowie Released 1 September 1984 … Wikipedia
The Byrds — Not to be confused with The Birds (band). The Byrds … Wikipedia
The Last Waltz — Infobox Film name = The Last Waltz caption = Movie poster for the 2002 limited re release. director = Martin Scorsese producer = Robbie Robertson writer = narrator = starring = Rick Danko Levon Helm Garth Hudson Richard Manuel Robbie Robertson… … Wikipedia
Glenn Phillips — is a critically acclaimed guitarist and composer with a dozen albums released under his own name. He s also played on many other recordings, including those by his first group, the legendary Hampton Grease Band. Phillips was a founding member,… … Wikipedia