- The Manchester College
The Manchester College Established 2008 Type Further Education, Higher Education Principal Peter Tavernor Location Manchester
Local authority Manchester City Council Gender Mixed Website The Manchester College
The Manchester College is a further education college in Manchester, England. It opened on 1 August 2008 as the result of a merger between City College Manchester and Manchester College of Arts and Technology (MANCAT) to form a 'supercollege'. In April 2008 Peter Tavernor, principal of MANCAT, was appointed as head of the new college.
The Manchester College offers courses for school leavers, adults, higher education students, employers, and international students.
Courses for school leavers aged 16 to 19, include:
higher education courses include:
- Higher National Certificate(HNCs)
- Higher National Diploma(HNDs)
- Foundation degree
- Bachelor’s degree
- Postgraduate certificate in education(PGCEs)
- Master’s level 
The Manchester College also offers courses for adults and training for employers.
The Manchester College is based at many sites in the city: these include Moston, Abraham Moss, One Central Park, The Manchester Enterprise Academy, Saint Matthew's Sixth Form and Harpurhey in the North; Openshaw, Preston Street, Welcomb Street, Nicholls Campus in Ardwick and The Manchester School of Building in the East; Fielden Park (West Didsbury), Northenden, Wythenshawe Forum and Brownley Green Wythenshawe in the South; locations in the city centre include St John's, Lever Street, and Shena Simon in Chorlton Street.
The MOL division specialises in delivering professional programmes by flexible learning. MOL has existed for more than 25 years providing HR, management, estate agency, construction and electrical engineering courses.
Many courses are delivered in partnership with professional bodies such as the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD), the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) and the National Federation of Property Professionals (NFOPP).
The Manchester College delivers learning and skills services to offenders in 42 secure establishments throughout England and in two probation areas. The services are contracted in both the private and public sectors to all categories of offender.
- ^ "City College Manchester - Merger News Q&A". City College Manchester. http://www.ccm.ac.uk/ccm_gateway.asp?NavID=2271. Retrieved 2008-04-25. [dead link]
- ^ Yakub Qureshi (2008-04-18). "City's 'Supercollege' head named - Manchester Evening News". Manchester Evening News. http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/s/1046086_citys_supercollege_head_named. Retrieved 2008-04-18.
- ^ "Manchester College (The) Overview". Hotcourses. http://www.hotcourses.com/uk-courses/Manchester-College-The-profile/hc_profile.page_pls_profile_details/16180339/0/z/9963/p_profile_id/14211/page.htm. Retrieved 2010-07-05. [dead link]
- ^ "Manchester College (The) School Leavers". Hotcourses. http://www.hotcourses.com/uk-courses/Manchester-College-The-School-Leavers/hc_profile.page_pls_profile_details/16180339/0/z/9963/p_profile_id/14207/page.htm. Retrieved 2010-07-05. [dead link]
- ^ "Manchester College (The) Higher Education". Hotcourses. http://www.hotcourses.com/uk-courses/Manchester-College-The-Higher-Education/hc_profile.page_pls_profile_details/16180339/0/z/9963/p_profile_id/14203/page.htm. Retrieved 2010-07-05. [dead link]
- ^ "Manchester College (The) Adults". Hotcourses. http://www.hotcourses.com/uk-courses/Manchester-College-The-Adults/hc_profile.page_pls_profile_details/16180339/0/z/9963/p_profile_id/14205/page.htm. Retrieved 2010-07-05. [dead link]
- ^ O'Rourke, Adrian. "Nicholls Hospital". http://www.aidan.co.uk/data_sheetManArdwkHydeRdNicholls3223.jpg.htm. Retrieved 27 September 2010.
- ^ "About us - The Manchester College". The Manchester College. http://www.themanchestercollege.ac.uk/about. Retrieved 2010-07-02.
- ^ "MOL Courses". The Manchester College. http://www.themanchestercollege.ac.uk/department/mol. Retrieved 2010-07-14.
- ^ "Offender learning - The Manchester College". The Manchester College. http://www.themanchestercollege.ac.uk/offender-learning. Retrieved 2010-07-02.
Universities and colleges in North West England Universities University colleges Further Education collegesAccrington & Rossendale · Blackburn · Blackpool & The Fylde · Bolton · Burnley · Bury · Carlisle · Furness · Hopwood Hall · Hugh Baird · Kendal · Knowsley · Lakes · Lancaster & Morecambe · Liverpool · Macclesfield · Manchester · Mid Cheshire · Myerscough · Nelson & Colne · Oldham · Preston · Reaseheath · Riverside · Runshaw · St Helens · Salford · South Cheshire · Southport · Stockport · Tameside · Trafford · Warrington · West Cheshire · West Lancashire · Wigan & Leigh · Wirral Metropolitan Sixth form collegesAquinas · Ashton · Barrow-in-Furness · Birkenhead · Blackpool · Bolton · Cardinal Newman · Carmel · Cheadle & Marple · Holy Cross · Hyde Clarendon · King George V · Loreto · Oldham · Priestley · Rainford · Roby · Rochdale · Sir John Deane's · St John Rigby · St Mary's · Thomas Whitham · Winstanley · Xaverian
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
The Hathershaw College — is a coeducational, comprehensive secondary school for 11 16 year olds in Oldham, Greater Manchester, England. Its official name is The Hathershaw College of Technology and Sport , and the slogan is Together we succeed! .In 2007, OFSTED rated the … Wikipedia
The Oldham College — Coordinates: 53°32′35″N 2°07′12″W / 53.543°N 2.120°W / 53.543; 2.120 … Wikipedia
Manchester College — might refer to: Contents 1 England 2 United States 3 See also 4 References England Manchester College … Wikipedia
Manchester College of Arts and Technology — Main article: The Manchester College Manchester College of Arts and Technology Closed August 2008 Type Further Education and Higher Education Principal Peter Tavernor Location Manchester … Wikipedia
Manchester College (Indiana) — For other uses, see Manchester College (disambiguation). Manchester College Motto Faith, Learning and Service Established 1860 (details) Type Private Coeducationa … Wikipedia
Harris Manchester College, Oxford — This article is about the college now in Oxford. For other uses Manchester College (disambiguation) Colleges and halls of the University of Oxford Harris Manchester … Wikipedia
Diploma of the Imperial College — Vorlage:Infobox Hochschule/Professoren fehlt Imperial College London Motto Scientia imperii decus et tutamen Gründung 8. Juli 1907 … Deutsch Wikipedia
Star of the Sea College — Infobox Aust school private name = Star of the Sea College motto = la. Facta Non Verba (Latin: Deeds Not Words ) established = 1883 type = Independent, Single sex, Day school denomination = Roman Catholic, Presentation Sisters slogan = key people … Wikipedia
Manchester Futsal Club — Full name Manchester Futsal Club Founded March 2006 Ground Manchester Velodrome, Manchester (Capacity: 3500) … Wikipedia
Manchester (HM Prison) — Strangeways redirects here. For other uses, see Strange Ways (disambiguation) HMP Manchester Opened 1868 Management HM Prison Service P … Wikipedia