VeggieTales Genre Christian, children's, satire Format Computer animation Created by Phil Vischer
Directed by Phil Vishcer,
Brian K. Roberts,
Voices of Phil Vischer
Brian K. Roberts
G. Bock (or Gail Freeman)
Narrated by Gail Freeman (or G. Bock)
Theme music composer Kurt Heinecke
Opening theme VeggieTales Theme Song Ending theme What We Have Learned? Composer(s) Kurt Heinecke Country of origin United States Language(s) English No. of series 1 No. of episodes 45 (List of episodes) Production Executive producer(s) Phil Vischer,
J. Chris Wall
Chris Olsen (1993-1998)
Jennifer Combs (2000-2001)
Jon Gadsby (1998-1999)
Editor(s) John Wahba,
J. Chris Wall,
Mike Nawrocki (1993-1997)
Production company(s) Big Idea Entertainment (1993–present)
Lyrick Studios (1996-2001)
HiT Entertainment (2001-present)
DKP Studios (2004–2006)
Starz Animation (2006–2008)
Huhu Studios, Ltd. (2009–present)
Hawaii Animation Studios (2010-2011)
BBC (British Broadcasting Company) (2012-present)
Broadcast Original channel NBC (US) CBeebies (BBC) (UK) Audio format runtime = 30–50 minutes (videos)
30 minutes (tvision)
First shown in United States (2006-present)
United Kingdom (2012-present)
Original run December 21, 1993 (direct-to-video) – present
VeggieTales is an American series of children's computer animated films featuring anthropomorphic vegetables in stories conveying moral themes based on Christianity. They frequently retell Biblical stories, sometimes anachronistically reframed, and include humorous references to pop culture in many different eras by putting Veggie spins on them (e.g., classic literature, TV shows, etc). The series was developed by Big Idea Entertainment.
VeggieTales was created by Phil Vischer and Mike Nawrocki, who also provide many of the voices. Originally released in direct-to-video format, the series debuted on December 21, 2008. From September 9, 2006 to September 5, 2009, VeggieTales was featured on the children's programming block called qubo on NBC. As of 2009, the TV show is shown on Gospel Music Channel. The series has still been releasing new episodes on DVD while the television show airs. VeggieTales has also published books, music CDs and branded items such as toys, clothing, and garden seeds for vegetables and flowers (e.g., daisies, fern, tulips, pumpkins, squash, peas, scallions, sunflowers, etc). As of 2012, VeggieTales will be shown on the BBC's digital preschool programming channel CBeebies.
- 1 History
- 2 VeggieTales on BBC
- 3 Characters
- 4 Episodes
- 5 Other media
- 6 Feature-length films
- 7 Stage production
- 8 Merchandise
- 9 References
- 10 External links
VeggieTales was created by computer animators Phil Vischer and Mike Nawrocki through their company Big Idea Productions. Their aim was to produce children's videos which conveyed Christian moral themes and taught Biblical values and lessons. The animated feature involved stories told by a group of recurring vegetable characters who lived on a kitchen countertop. The program was offered in the direct-to-video market, with the first 30-minute program, Where's God When I'm S-Scared?, released in July 1993. In all, Big Idea has released 45 VeggieTales episodes including three Silly Song collections, 5 holiday specials, 4 LarryBoy episodes and a drawing tutorial. In addition to these episodes, there are 13 compilations that combine previously released material, and two feature length movies, Jonah: A VeggieTales Movie and The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything: A VeggieTales Movie. Beginning in 2006, the VeggieTales videos were adapted as a regular television program through the Qubo multi-platform network and NBC network. On 30 September, 2008, Big Idea said that Mike Nawrocki would create an "original new VeggieTales TV series," though no further news has been revealed.
The idea for VeggieTales came in the early 90's when Phil Vischer was testing out animation software as a medium for children's videos. Due to the limitations of the software available to him, he chose to avoid the technical production hurdle of creating characters with arms, legs, or hair. His first animation model on the software was an anthropomorphic candy bar, but after his wife suggested that parents might not want to show their children videos with a candy hero, he instead chose to use fruits and vegetables, their polar opposite.
The episodes generally follow a standard format where a moral issue is posited in the opening countertop sequence, either through a viewer letter (as of 2009, video e-mail is used instead of letters) or because of something brought up by Bob or Larry, followed by one or more "films" that address the issue, with a silly song in the middle. Often Larry, Jimmy & Jerry Gourd, Archibald, or The French Peas will show short videos in an attempt to address the issue only to be saved in the end as Bob introduces the main story. The Silly Songs are generally introduced with a title card and the voiceover saying, "And now it's time for Silly Songs with Larry, the part where Larry comes out and sings a silly song". Some silly songs have alternate titles, such as "Love Songs with Mr. Lunt," where another character sings the song instead. The Silly Song, if one appears, is always in the middle of the program, often at a cliffhanger moment. The LarryBoy episodes, in particular, lack this segment.
VeggieTales on TV
The television show altered the general format by opening with Bob greeting kids and inviting them over to his house. Then Bob, Larry, and other characters (Archibald Asparagus, Junior Asparagus, Mr. Lunt, Pa Grape, and Jimmy Gourd) sing the show's theme song as they hop to Bob's front door. The theme song ends with a character making a random comment, such as Pa Grape commenting on Archibald's new sweater. The television show opens in Bob's living room where Bob says "Hi kids! Welcome to VeggieTales!" Followed by Larry saying "On TV!" The two wait for the mailman, Jimmy Gourd, to deliver a letter. When Jimmy comes, he happily sings his Mail Song, which Bob and Larry both find tedious. Then instead of handing the letter to Bob and Larry, he insists on cramming it through the mail slot.
Bob and Larry read their letter and try to decide how to solve the viewer's problem. One of their neighbors comes in and attempts to solve it, followed by one of three regular segments: Archibald reads a story from his Big Book of Oddities (which he got from Oprah's Book Club), Pa Grape shows an old film, or Mr. Lunt appears as Paco the Storytelling Mule (a stick puppet) and tells a story. The result always proves disastrous, as the story or film makes no sense. Bob and Larry then intervene with a story from a VeggieTales episode to solve the problem. The show ends with Bob and Larry wrapping things up by reiterating the story's lesson and thanking the kids for coming to his house. The closing credits then start to be shown.
When the show aired on NBC network television in September 2006, VeggieTales episodes were edited to remove most references to God, at the request of the NBC network's standards and practices department. The religious references remained intact in the closed-captions accompanying each episode. Notable was the removal of the program's signature sign-off message: "Remember kids, God made you special and He loves you very much." Despite this, Bob and Larry would always say "Goodbye!" at the end. The Christian conservative watch group Parents Television Council complained about the removal to NBC. NBC replied that the editing conformed to the network's broadcast standards of "not to advocate any one religious point of view." Vischer also expressed discontent with the edits, stating that he was not informed that religious content would be removed from the series, and he would have refused to sign a contract if he had known of this beforehand. Vischer said, "I would have declined partly because I knew a lot of fans would feel like it was a sellout or it was done for money." Still, Vischer added that he understood NBC's wish to remain religiously neutral, and said, "VeggieTales is religious, NBC is not. I want to focus people more on 'Isn't it cool that Bob and Larry are on television.'"
In 2009, Netflix, the DVD delivery and streaming video service, made many VeggieTales feature films and television episodes available via Netflix's video streaming service. Original and even more recent episodes and full length features are uncut, in their original format.
VeggieTales on BBC
In 2012, VeggieTales will be exported to the UK and it will be shown on CBeebies. However, the show will use the original American footage and dubbed with the British voices but will even be dubbed with local accents and slang: for example, "cottage" would be used instead of "house" to avoid confusion with kinds of British homes.
VeggieTales has a continuous back story that all of the cartoons are actually teleplays, performed by various vegetables and fruit that live together on the same kitchen countertop. Some of these characters have "real names", and take on various roles in the teleplays, although they will also frequently appear as themselves. Most of these "regulars" were established in the very earliest videos, while some have been added more recently.
- "Where's God When I'm S-Scared?" (1993): Junior learns that he doesn't need to be afraid of the "boogieman" because God is bigger than any monster. Also includes a retelling of the Bible story of Daniel and the Lion's Den. Its theme is handling fear.
- "God Wants Me to Forgive Them!?!" (1994): Bob and Larry learn what it means to forgive through parodies of The Grapes of Wrath and Gilligan's Island. Its theme is forgiveness.
- "Are You My Neighbor?" (1995): The Veggies learn what "loving your neighbor" really means through a Dr. Seuss-style retelling of the Biblical story of The Good Samaritan (The Story of Flibber-o-loo) and a parody of Star Trek ("The Gourds Must/Should Be Crazy"). Its theme is loving one's neighbor.
- "Rack, Shack, and Benny" (1995): A retelling of the Biblical story of Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego being thrown into the fiery furnace with the VeggieTales characters as workmen in a chocolate factory who stand up for what's right. Its theme is handling peer pressure.
- "Dave and the Giant Pickle" (1996): Starring Junior as Dave who learns that "little guys can do big things too" in a retelling of story of David and Goliath. Its theme is self-esteem.
- "The Toy that Saved Christmas" (1996): The veggies learn the true meaning of Christmas with the help of Grandpa George and a Buzz-Saw Louie action figure. Its theme is giving.
- "Very Silly Songs!" (1997): A collection of Silly Songs and other songs from the first five VeggieTales episodes. Originally titled "A Very Silly Sing-Along."
- "Larry-Boy! And the Fib from Outer Space!" (1997): Larry stars as Larry-Boy, the plunger-headed spoof on the comic book hero Batman, who needs to defeat a "Fib" that is rampaging out of control. The theme is honesty.
- "Josh and the Big Wall!" (1997): Larry stars as Joshua in this retelling of the Biblical story of the Battle of Jericho. Its theme is obedience.
- "Madame Blueberry" (1998): Madame Blueberry falls victim to her own greed and learns to be thankful in a parody of Madame Bovary. Its theme is thankfulness.
- "The End of Silliness?" (1998): Larry has a nervous breakdown after he finds out that the "Silly Songs with Larry" segment of the show has been cancelled in this second Silly Songs collection.
- "Larry-Boy and the Rumor Weed" (1999): Junior Asparagus and Laura Carrot learn about the dangers of spreading rumors as Larry-Boy battles a weed that grows bigger as everyone else besmirches Alfred's reputation. Its theme is the power of words.
- "King George and the Ducky" (2000): Larry stars as King George, who has an obsession with rubber duckies, in a retelling of the story of David and Bathsheba. Its theme is selfishness.
- "Esther… The Girl Who Became Queen" (2000): Esther saves her family from endless tickling in a retelling of the Biblical story of Esther. Its theme is family and courage
- "Lyle the Kindly Viking" (2001): Junior stars as Lyle, a Viking who secretly returns his share of the loot in this parody of a Gilbert and Sullivan musical. The first segment of this lesson is a parody of Hamlet entitled "Omelet". Its theme is sharing.
- "The Ultimate Silly Song Countdown" (2001): In the third Silly Song collection, the Pirates Who Don't Do Anything present a compilation of the viewers' top 10 favorite Silly Songs.
- "Jonah Sing-Along Songs and More!" (2002): A collection of songs, mainly from Jonah: A VeggieTales Movie.
- "The Star of Christmas" (2002): Starring Bob and Larry as Cavis and Millward, two theater proprietors whose extravagant production threatens to overwhelm Edmund's (Junior's) modest Christmas pageant on opening night.
- "The Wonderful World of Auto-Tainment!" (2003): Bob and Larry imagine the future of entertainment and learn a valuable lesson in this musical collection. Only VeggieTales video that does not have a central moral theme.
- "The Ballad of Little Joe" (2003): Larry stars in a story of Joseph.
- "An Easter Carol" (2004): Based on the Charles Dickens classic A Christmas Carol, this is a sequel to The Star of Christmas, climaxing in the clearest presentation of the gospel in the series. Its lessons include hope, faith, and the resurrection of Jesus.
- "A Snoodle's Tale" (2004): Kids learn that God made them special in an homage to Dr. Seuss and features a parody of "Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde". Its theme is self-worth.
- "Bob and Larry's How to Draw!" (2004): Kids of all ages learn to draw with Larry, Bob, Junior and nine other VeggieTales characters with the help of writer/director/artist Tim Hodge and artists Tim Hardin, Tom Owens, and Joseph Sapulich.
- "Sumo of the Opera" (2004): Larry stars as the Italian Scallion, a Sumo wrestler who learns to persevere in this cross between Rocky, The Mikado, The Phantom of the Opera, and The Karate Kid. Its theme is perseverance.
- "Duke and the Great Pie War" (2005): In this prequel to King George and the Ducky, Larry stars as Duke who agrees to redeem the impoverished Princess Petunia (in the debut of Petunia Rhubarb) in a retelling of the story of Ruth. Also includes a retelling of the childhood story of Moses from Miriam's viewpoint. Its theme is loving one's family.
- "Minnesota Cuke and the Search for Samson's Hairbrush" (2005): Larry stars as the Minnesota Cuke, an Indiana Jones-style adventurer who is searching for Samson's Hairbrush in the catacombs under the town of Seville, Spain. Its theme is dealing with bullies.
- "Lord of the Beans" (2005): Junior stars as Toto Baggypants as he and the rest of the "Fellowship Of The Bean" journey through Center-Earth to discover the purpose of Toto's gift in this parody of "The Lord of the Rings". Its theme is using God's gifts well.
- "Sheerluck Holmes and the Golden Ruler" (2005): Larry stars as detective Sheerluck Holmes who needs to solve the mystery of the missing Golden Ruler in this Sherlock Holmes parody. Its theme is friendship.
- "Gideon: Tuba Warrior" (2006): Larry stars in this episode based on a Biblical story of Gideon. Its theme is trusting God.
- "LarryBoy and the Bad Apple" (2006): In LarryBoy's third adventure he needs to overcome temptation and defeat The Bad Apple who attempts to lure the citizens of Bumblyburg into her trap by preying on their specific weaknesses. Its theme is temptation.
- "God Made You Special" (2007): Bob and Larry decide to make a show made up primarily of stories from previous VeggieTales videos. Its theme is everyone is special just the way God made them.
- "Moe and the Big Exit!" (2007): Larry stars as Moses in this story.
- "The Wonderful Wizard of Ha's" (2007): Junior Asparagus stars in the parable of the Prodigal Son in a parody of The Wizard of Oz. Its theme is loss and redemption.
- "Lessons From the Sock Drawer: A Collection of VeggieTales Shorts and Briefs" (2008): A collection of previously-released shorts.
- "Tomato Sawyer and Huckleberry Larry's Big River Rescue" (2008): Bob and Larry star in this episode as Huckleberry Larry and Tomato Sawyer in this parody of Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn. The theme is helping others.
- "Abe and the Amazing Promise" (2009): A retelling of the story of Abraham and Sarah. Its theme is patience.
- "Minnesota Cuke and the Search for Noah's Umbrella" (2009): Minnesota Cuke is on a new quest as he searches for Noah's umbrella. Its theme is confidence.
- "Saint Nicholas: A Story of Joyful Giving" (2009): Bob, Larry, and the other vegetables celebrate Christmas, learning the story of Saint Nicholas in a Veggietales Christmas special. Its theme is being a joyful giver.
- "Pistachio – The Little Boy That Woodn't" (2010): Junior stars in this VeggieTales twist on the story of Pinocchio. Its theme is the importance of family and listening to one's parents.
- "Sweetpea Beauty: A Girl After God's Own Heart" (2010): A VeggieTales twist on the story of Sleeping Beauty and Snow White. The second story is "Snooderella", a twist of Cinderella. Its theme is the real meaning of beauty.
- "It's a Meaningful Life" (2010): Larry and Petunia star in this twist on the classic Christmas movie It's a Wonderful Life. Its theme is contentment.
- "Twas The Night Before Easter" (2011): Larry and Petunia star in a celebration of Easter through a town play. Its theme is the true meaning of the holiday Easter
- "The Princess and the Pop Star" (2011): Its theme is being yourself. Released August 16, 2011.
- "The Little Drummer Boy" (2011): Its theme is giving and forgiveness. Released October 4, 2011.
- "Robin Good and His Not-So-Merry Men" (2012): Its theme is handling greif. Releases March 3, 2012.
- Heroes of the Bible Volume 1: Lions, Shepherds and Queens - Oh My! (2002): Includes Daniel and the Lion's Den (from "Where's God When I'm S-Scared?"), Dave and the Giant Pickle, and Esther… The Girl Who Became Queen.
- Heroes of the Bible Volume 2: Stand Up, Stand Tall, Stand Strong! (2002): Includes The Story of Flibber-O-Loo (from Are You My Neighbor?), Rack, Shack, and Benny, and Josh and the Big Wall!.
- Heroes of the Bible Volume 3: A Baby, a Quest, and the Wild, Wild West" - (2009): A compilation episode featuring three previously released episodes, The Ballad of Little Joe, "Moe and the Big Exit", and "Baby Sitter in De-Nile" from Duke and the Great Pie War.
- "Heroes of the Bible Volume 4: A BIG Fish, A BIG Carnival and a BIG Promise" - (2011): A compilation episode feature three previously released videos, "Jonah: A VeggieTales Movie", "The Wonderful Wizard of Ha's", and "Abe and the Amazing Promise".
- The Bumblyburg Super-Hero Value Pack: Includes Larry-Boy and the Fib from Outer Space, Larry-Boy and the Rumor Weed, Dave and the Giant Pickle (featuring the first appearance of LarryBoy), and a special disc which included all four episodes of "LarryBoy: The Cartoon Adventures".
- The VeggieValue Pack: Includes Josh and the Big Wall!, King George and the Ducky, The Toy That Saved Christmas, and a special disc which includes all six episodes of 3-2-1 Penguins!.
- Girl Power! A VeggieTriple Feature Includes: Madame Blueberry, Duke and the Great Pie War, and Esther: The Girl Who Became Queen
- Superhero! A VeggieTriple Feature Includes: LarryBoy and the Fib from Outer Space, LarryBoy and the Rumor Weed, and LarryBoy and the Bad Apple.
- Lessons for a lifetime!A VeggieTriple Feature Icludes: Jonah: A VeggieTales Movie, Lyle the Kindly Viking, and Gideon: Tuba Warrior.
- God Made You Special A VeggieTriple FeatureIncludes: Pistachio – The Little Boy That Woodn't, A Snoodle's Tale, Dave and the Giant Pickle
- Rocket Power! A VeggieTriple Feature Includes: Josh and the Big Wall!, King George and the Ducky, and Gideon: Tuba Warrior.
- Christmas Love! A VeggieTriple Feature Includes: The Toy That Saved Christmas, The Star of Christmas, and Saint Nicholas: A Story of Joyful Giving.
- Sing a Song! A VeggieTriple Feature Includes: Very Silly Songs!, The End of Silliness?, and The Ultimate Silly Song Countdown.
- Western Fun! A VeggieDouble Feature Includes: The Ballad of Little Joe and Moe and the Big Exit
- Happy Together! Includes: Sheerluck Holmes and the Golden Ruler (Friendship), The Grapes of Wrath (from God Wants Me To Forgive Them!?!) (Forgiveness), and Esther… The Girl Who Became Queen (Family and Courage), plus two Silly Songs, Dance of the Cucumber and Pants. Includes thoughts from the "Veggie Kids" (as voiced by real children) sharing their perspectives on the video themes.
- Veggie Classics! A VeggieTriple Feature Includes: Where's God When I'm S-Scared?, God Wants Me to Forgive Them?!?!, and Are You My Neighbor?. Includes 2 classic silly songs, The Water Buffalo Song and The Hairbrush Song, and the commercial from The Forgive-O-Matic.
- The Best of Bob and Larry Includes: "The Story of Flibber-O-Loo" (from Are You My Neighbor?), Esther... The Girl Who Became Queen, and An Easter Carol.
- Tales from the Crisper Includes: "The Gourds Must/Should Be Crazy" (from Are You My Neighbor?), Dave and the Giant Pickle, and Lord of the Beans.
- "Silly Little Thing Called Love" (2010): Bob, Larry, and the rest of the Veggies star in three classic stories of "true" love with lessons in Loving Your Neighbor (The Story of Flibber-O-Loo), Loving Your Family (Duke and the Great Pie War) and Loving God (Madame Blueberry). Includes thoughts from the "Veggie Kids" (as voiced by real children) sharing their perspective on love. Also includes the Silly Songs: Endangered Love, His Cheeseburger, Love My Lips, and The Bunny Song.
- VeggieTales Live! Sing Yourself Silly (2011) Includes live footage from the VeggieTales touring stage show. Released June 4, 2011.
- Story Heroes Collection: Confidence, Loving Neighbors, and Trust Includes: Minnesota Cuke and the Search for Noah's Umbrella, The Ballad of Little Joe and Are You My Neighbor?.
Re-issues and re-releases
- King George and the Ducky Exclusive Special Edition (2008)
- Where's God When I'm S-Scared? 15th Anniversary Collector's Edition (2008)
- Lyle the Kindly Viking Exclusive Special Edition (2008)
- Esther... The Girl Who Became Queen Exclusive Special Edition with Larryboy and the Angry Eyebrows. (2009)
- God Wants Me to Forgive Them?!? 99th Edition with the "3-2-1 Penguins" episode: The Cheating Scales of Bullamanka (2011)
The "Family Builders Collection"
- "Larry Learns to Listen" Featuring a new story plus "Pistachio - The Little Boy That Woodn't" and "Josh and the Big Wall!".
- "Junior and Laura Share the Year Together" Featuring a new story plus "The Ballad of Little Joe" and "Gideon: Tuba Warrior".
- "Peas and Thank You!" Featuring a new story plus "Blunders in Boo-Boo Ville" (from Abe and the Amazing Promise) and "Esther".
- "Bob Lends a Helping...Hand?" Featuring a new story plus "Huckleberry Larry" and "Lyle the Kindly Viking".
- "Even Fishslappers Need a Second Chance" Based on a book by Eric Metaxas featuring "The Wizard of Ha's" and "King George".
- Happy Easter! Featuring a new story plus An Easter Carol and Twas The Night Before Easter.
- Jonah: A VeggieTales Movie (2002): Archibald Asparagus stars as Jonah in this version of the Biblical story. The Veggies learn that God is a God of second chances, and that we need to give second chances too and be compassionate and merciful.
- The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything: A VeggieTales Movie (2008): In this second VeggieTales feature film, three lazy wannabe pirates go back in time to the 17th century to fight real pirates and become heroes in a battle to rescue a royal family from an evil tyrant. The Veggies learn that a hero doesn't have to be tall, strong, and handsome to be useful.
VeggieTales Live is a series of stage shows based on the VeggieTales videos. Five versions of the shows have been staged. The shows have toured across the U.S. and appeared at theme parks including Dollywood and Silver Dollar City. The 2002 appeared at May 14–19 at the Rosemont Theatre.
On February 10, 2011, Big Idea Entertainment announced several new product promotions, including partnerships with Chick-fil-A (kids meal promotions), American Puzzle Company (wooden puzzles and trains), CTI Industries (mylar and latex balloons), Tabbies (index tabs, stickers, temporary tattoos and wall clings), Victory Designs (children's guitars), and Zoobies (plush pillows and blankets).
- Minnesota Cuke and the Coconut Apes (June 13, 2003)
- The Mystery of VeggieIsland (May 30, 2003)
- Creativity City (January 31, 2003)
- Veggie Carnival (July 19, 2002)
- Jonah: A VeggieTales Game (October 4, 2002)
PlayStation 2 and GameBoy Advance Games
- Larryboy and The Bad Apple
Music and audio CDs
- VeggieTunes 1 (March 1995)
- VeggieTunes 2 (October 1997)
- Larryboy Soundtrack (July 13, 1999)
- VeggieTunes 3: A Queen, a King, and a Very Blue Berry (November 24, 2000)
- Silly Songs with Larry (September 15, 2001) plus songs from Esther… The Girl Who Became Queen The Toy That Saved Christmas and The Ultimate Silly Song Countdown
- Jonah: A VeggieTales Movie Soundtrack (October 3, 2002) Features songs from Newsboys, Chris Rice and Relient K
- A Very Veggie Christmas (October 1996)
- The Incredible Singing Christmas Tree (July 19, 2002)
- VeggieTunes 4 (May 10, 2004)
- Veggie Rocks! (March 9, 2004)
- Boyz in the Sink (2004)
- Bob and Larry Sing The 70's (2005)
- A Very Veggie Easter (2006)
- VeggieTales Worship Songs (July 28, 2006)
- Pirates Boatload of Fun (July 22, 2002) with four songs with "We're Vikings!" "There's a Hole in the Bottom of the Sea" "Modern Major General" and "Erie Canal"
- On the Road with Bob and Larry (January 31, 2003)
- Bob and Larry's Sunday Morning Songs (July 10, 2002) with two songs with "Zaccheus" and "Love Your Neighbor"
- Bob and Larry's Backyard Party (July 19, 2002) with two songs "You Are My Sunshine" and "I Can Be Your Friend"
- O Veggie, Where Art Thou? (June 13, 2003)
- Bob and Larry's Campfire Songs (July 12, 2004)
- Junior's Bedtime Songs (July 13, 2002) with three songs with "My Day", " Think of Me" and "The Thankfulness Song"
- Junior's Playtime Songs with two songs with "Love My Lips" and "Look, Olaf!"
- More Sunday Morning Songs with Bob and Larry
- Bob and Larry's Toddler Songs
- LarryBoy: The New Soundtrack (2006) with the score of LarryBoy and the Bad Apple
- The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything Original Movie Soundtrack (2008) including a song by Anointed entitled Second Chancesand songs by: Mandisa, Newsboys featuring Steve Taylor, and Tobymac
- God Made You Special (2007)
- Christian Hits Music (2007)
- VeggieTales Greatest Hits (2008)
- Storytime with Bob and Larry Volume 1 (2009) with three stories: "King George", "Esther… The Girl Who Became Queen", and "Minnesota Cuke"
- Storytime with Bob and Larry Volume 2 (2009) with three stories: "LarryBoy and the Bad Apple", "Ballad of Little Joe", and "Lyle the Kindly Viking"
- Here I Am To Worship (July 1, 2009)
- Bob and Larry Sing the 80's (January 17, 2010)
- Sweetpea's Songs for Girls (July 23, 2010)
- Hosanna: Top 10 worship songs (January 3, 2011)
- Minnesota Cuke The Soundtrack: Songs and Score from the Minnesota Cuke Videos (2011)
- Veggietunes 5: Songs and Score from "Pistachio: The Little Boy That Woodn't", "Sweetpea Beauty: A Girl After God's Own Heart", and "It's a Meaningful Life" (November 10, 2011)
- 25 Favorite Very VeggieTunes
- 25 Favorite Sunday School Songs
- 25 Favorite Christmas Songs
- 25 Favorite Lullaby Songs
- 25 Favorite Toddler Songs
- 25 Favorite Western Songs
- 25 Favorite Action Songs
- 25 Favorite Silly Songs
- ^ Big Idea Inc, Appoints VeggieTales Co-Creator Mike Nawrocki to Head of Creative and Development, Press release, Big Idea Inc., September 30th, 2008
- ^ Westbury, Joe, NBC chooses family values over spiritual values in VeggieTales Saturday morning line-up, The Christian Index, September 26, 2008
- ^ Cohen, Sandy Talking Veggies Stir Controversy at NBC, Associated Press, Foxnews.com, September 22, 2006
- ^ (Cohen 2006)
- ^ Parker, Jenni,PTC Applauds NBC's Airing of VeggieTales, Religious Content Intact, Agape Press, December 6, 2006
- ^ VeggieTales: Bob & Larry's How to Draw! (Video 2004) - IMDb
- ^ Heroes of the Bible Vol.1, Big Idea. Retrieved February 12, 2009.
- ^ Heroes of the Bible Vol.2, Big Idea. Retrieved February 12, 2009.
- ^ "Music News, June 2011: FIRST EVER VEGGIETALESŽ LIVE! SING YOURSELF SILLY DVD IN STORES SATURDAY!". Jesusfreakhideout.com. http://www.jesusfreakhideout.com/news/2011/06/03.FIRST%20EVER%20VEGGIETALES%20LIVE!%20SING%20YOURSELF%20SILLY%20%20DVD%20IN%20STORES%20SATURDAY!.asp. Retrieved 2011-10-09.
- ^ "King George and the Ducky Exclusive Edition". Familychristian.com. http://www.familychristian.com/shop/product.asp?prodID=57120. Retrieved 2011-01-23.
- ^ "Where's God When I'm S-Scared? 15th Anniversary Collector's Edition". Bigidea.com. http://bigidea.com/products/shows/shows_content.aspx?pid=675. Retrieved 2011-01-23.
- ^ "Lyle the Kindly Viking Special Edition". Familychristian.com. http://www.familychristian.com/shop/product.asp?ProdID=57485. Retrieved 2011-01-23.
- ^ "Esther: The Girl Who Would Be Queen Special Edition". Familychristian.com. http://www.familychristian.com/shop/product.asp?ProdID=14638. Retrieved 2011-01-23.
- ^ "God Wants Me to Forgive Them?!? 99th Edition with 3-2-1 Penguins: The Cheating Scales of Bullamanka". Familychristian.com. http://www.familychristian.com/shop/product.asp?ProdID=3000. Retrieved 2011-14-09.
- ^ Narrated by the barbershop quartet.
- ^ Narrated by the Pirates Who Don't Do Anything.
- ^ Also narrated by the Pirates.
- ^ Also narrated by the scallions and Frankencelery.
- ^ This is based on Big Idea's Jonah movie. Narrated by Eric Mataxas.
- ^ Also narrated by Eric Metaxes.
- ^ "Big Idea Grows VeggieTales Brand". Licensemag.com. 2011-02-10. http://www.licensemag.com/licensemag/Brands/Big-Idea-Grows-VeggieTales-Brand/ArticleStandard/Article/detail/707135?contextCategoryId=9989. Retrieved 2011-10-09.
- ^ "Press Releases". Big Idea. http://bigidea.com/press/releases/20081222_hiatw.aspx. Retrieved 2011-01-23.
- ^ This is based off "Larry-Boy: The Soundtrack".
- ^ A sequel to VeggieTunes 4, VeggieTunes 3, VeggieTunes 2 and VeggieTunes 1.
VeggieTales Feature filmsJonah: A VeggieTales Movie (2002) · The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything: A VeggieTales Movie (2008) EpisodesWhere's God When I'm S-Scared? (1993) · God Wants Me to Forgive Them!?! (1994) · Are You My Neighbor? (1995) · Rack, Shack, and Benny (1995) · Dave and the Giant Pickle (1996) · The Toy That Saved Christmas (1996) · Josh and the Big Wall! (1997) · Madame Blueberry (1998) · King George and the Ducky (2000) · Esther... The Girl Who Became Queen (2000) · Lyle the Kindly Viking (2001) · The Star of Christmas (2002) · The Ballad of Little Joe (2003) · An Easter Carol (2004) · A Snoodle's Tale (2004) · Sumo of the Opera (2004) · Duke and the Great Pie War (2005) · Minnesota Cuke and the Search for Samson's Hairbrush (2005) · Lord of the Beans (2005) · Sheerluck Holmes and the Golden Ruler (2005) · Gideon: Tuba Warrior (2006) · Moe and the Big Exit (2007) · The Wonderful Wizard of Ha's (2007) · Tomato Sawyer and Huckleberry Larry's Big River Rescue (2008) · Abe and the Amazing Promise (2009) · Minnesota Cuke and the Search for Noah's Umbrella (2009) · Saint Nicholas: A Story of Joyful Giving (2009) · Pistachio – The Little Boy That Woodn't (2010) · Sweetpea Beauty: A Girl After God's Own Heart (2010) · It's a Meaningful Life (2010) · Twas The Night Before Easter (2011) LarryBoy Silly Songs with Larry Minnesota Cuke ListsCharacters · Albums Other
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
List of VeggieTales characters — This is a list of primary, secondary, and recurring characters that appear in the animated series VeggieTales. Contents 1 Primary characters 1.1 Bob the Tomato 1.2 Larry the Cucumber 1.3 … Wikipedia
Hanjo Gäbler — (* 1978 in Bremen) ist ein deutscher Pianist und Gospel Musiker. Leben Hanjo Gäbler spielt Orgel, Klavier und Keyboard in den Bereichen Jazz, Blues, Ragtime, Boogie, Funk und Soul. Gäbler spielt etwa 160 Live Auftritte im Jahr. Hanjo Gäbler hat… … Deutsch Wikipedia
The Toy That Saved Christmas — Infobox Film name = The Toy that Saved Christmas caption = DVD cover writer = Phil Vischer director = Phil Vischer, Chris Olsen producer = Phil Vischer, Chris Olsen distributor = Big Idea Productions Lyrick Studios (2000 to 2003) Sony Wonder… … Wikipedia
Mike Nawrocki — Michael Nawrocki Born Michael Nawrocki July 8, 1966 Dayton, Ohio Education University of Illinois Occupation Voice Actor, Writer, Director, Animator, Composer, Producer, Editor, Company Executive, Songwriter Spouse Lisa Naw … Wikipedia
Where's God When I'm S-Scared? — Infobox Film name = Where s God When I m S Scared? caption = DVD cover writer = Phil Vischer director = Phil Vischer, Chris Olsen distributor = Warner Home Video Big Idea Productions Lyrick Studios (2000 to 2003) Sony Wonder (2003 to present) |… … Wikipedia
Esther… The Girl Who Became Queen — Infobox Film name = Esther... The Girl Who Became Queen caption = DVD cover writer = Mike Nawrocki, Phil Vischer director = Mike Nawrocki distributor = Sony Wonder producer = Jennifer Combs starring = Phil Vischer, Mike Nawrocki, Jessica Kaplan,… … Wikipedia
Very Silly Songs! — Infobox Film name = A Very Silly Sing Along! | > caption = Original 1997 VHS cover writer = Mike Nawrocki, Phil Vischer director = Mike Nawrocki, Chris Olsen distributor = Sony Wonder producer = Chris Olsen starring = Phil Vischer, Mike Nawrocki … Wikipedia
Lord of the Beans — Infobox Film name = Lord of the Beans caption = DVD cover writer = Phil Vischer director = Mike Nawrocki distributor = Sony Wonder producer = David Pitts starring = Phil Vischer, Mike Nawrocki, Lisa Vischer, Tim Hodge, Joe Spadaford, Charlotte… … Wikipedia
The Star of Christmas — Infobox Film name = The Star of Christmas caption = DVD cover writer = Phil Vischer director = Tim Hodge producer = David Pitts distributor = Sony Wonder starring = Phil Vischer, Mike Nawrocki, Jacquelyn Ritz, Lisa Vischer, Dan Anderson, Jim… … Wikipedia
Lyle the Kindly Viking — Infobox Film name = Lyle the Kindly Viking caption = DVD cover | writer = Phil Vischer, Eric Metaxas, Marc Vulcano director = Tim Hodge Marc Vulcano | distributor = Sony Wonder producer = Jennifer Combs starring = Phil Vischer, Mike Nawrocki,… … Wikipedia