- Darrick E. Antell
Darrick Antell, M.D., F.A.C.S. (b. 1951 in
Cleveland, OH) is a board certified plastic and reconstructive surgeon, best known for his studies done on aging and twins.
Dr. Antell graduated from Hobart College in 1973 and went on to receive his D.M.D. from
Case Western Reservein 1978. At this point Dr. Antell decided to attend pursue medical school and was accepted at The University of ToledoCollege of Medicine (Toledo, OH). Dr. Antell also completed a pathology fellowship in 1981 from the Medical College during his medical education. In 1982 he received his M.D. and went to Stanford University Medical Centerwhere he interned and then completed his general surgery residency. Dr. Antell went on to specialize in plastic surgeryand reconstructive surgeryby training at The New York Hospital/Cornell Medical Center and Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Centerfrom 1985 to 1987. During this time, he was Chief Resident in Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery from 1986 to 1987.
Dr. Darrick Antell is a board certified plastic and reconstructive surgeon who has been in private practice for over 20 years. He is an official spokesperson for the
American Society of Plastic Surgeonsand has membership in many regional and national medical societies, including the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery and the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. He is an Assistant Clinical Professor of Plastic Surgery at Columbia University. Dr. Antell is also a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons.
Dr. Antell first had his ground-breaking work on
identical twinspublished in the Annals of Plastic Surgery in 1999 [Antell DE, Taczanowski EM. How Environment and Lifestyle Choices Influence the Aging Process. "The Annals of Plastic Surgery". 1999;43(6):585-588] . In 2007, he expanded the study on identical twins and was published in the Journal of Reconstructive and Plastic Surgery [Antell DE, Orseck MJ. A Comparison of Face Lift Techniques in Eight Consecutive Sets of Identical Twins. "Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery". 2007;120(6):1667-1673] . These studies demonstrated how sun, smoking, and stress strongly contribute to the premature aging of one’s skin. His subsequent studies have examined various facelift techniques, and it has been said that Dr. Antell has performed more plastic surgery on identical twins than anyone else in the World. These plastic surgery procedures on identical twins have included: facelift, chin implant, liposuction, rhinoplasty, and breast augmentation.
* [http://www.antell-md.com/ Official Website of Dr. Darrick Antell]
* [http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2000/01/07/home/main147165.shtml/ CBS News Article on Dr. Antell's Study on Twins]
* [http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/BeautySecrets/story?id=1510326/ ABC News Article on Dr. Antell's Study on Twins]
* [http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/08_02/c4066btw424456.htm?campaign_id=rss_topStories/ Business Week Article]
* [http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2006/12/20/couricandco/entry2283262.shtml?source=search_story/ CBS News Article on Skin Cancer]
* [http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2008/08/05/2008-08-05_the_new_plumping_face_lift_says_goodbye_.html/ NY Daily News Article on The New Face Lift]
* [http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=3493765n%3fsource=search_video/ CBS News The Early Show - The Dangers of Cosmetic Surgery]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
List of people from Greenwich, Connecticut — People who have lived in or been associated with Greenwich, Connecticut now or in the past and are well known beyond the town.Listed category, based on area in which person is best known (in alphabetical order within each category):Actors,… … Wikipedia