- Norwest venture partners
Founded in 1961, Norwest Venture Partners (NVP) is a global
venture capitalfirm located in Silicon Valley. The firm manages more than $2.5 billion in venture capital and has funded over 400 companies since inception. NVP has direct and cross-border investments in the U.S., India, Israel and China.
Norwest Venture Partners provides capital to seed-stage, early-stage and select late-stage companies. NVP will generally invest between $10 million and $15 million in a company over time. They sometimes begin with a smaller amount (as little as $1 million to $3 million), and have the ability to invest as much as $25 million to $30 million. They are frequently the lead investor or sometimes may join with other venture capital firms, corporate partners and founding investors.
The firm’s U.S. investment team includes Promod Haque, George J. Still Jr., Robert Abbott, Jeffrey Crowe, Vab Goel, Matthew Howard, Jim Lussier, Venkat Mohan, Joshua Goldman, Timothy Chang and Sergio Monsalve. The firm’s India investment team includes Promod Haque, Niren Shah and Mohan Kumar.
Managing Partner Promod Haque, has been ranked as a top dealmaker on the annual
Forbes Midas Listfor the past eight years, and in 2004, Forbes named him as the #1 venture capitalist based on performance over the last decade. General Partner Matthew Howard has been named to the Forbes Midas list for the past three years.
NVP has funded such market leaders as Actel Corporation,
Cerent(acquired by Cisco Systems), Documentum(acquired by EMC), Forte Software (acquired by Sun Microsystems), PeopleSoft(acquired by Oracle) and TivoliSystems (acquired by IBM).
Norwest Venture Partners was the sole venture investor in
PeopleSoft. Managing Partner George J. Still, Jr., served on the company’s board of directors for more than 10 years. PeopleSoft grew from a start-up to an S&P 500 company with revenues in excess of $2 billion until it was acquired by Oracle for over $10 billion in January 2005.
NVP's Investment Focus
*Internet, Media & Consumer
**Enabling Internet Technologies
*Semiconductors & Components
* [http://www.nvp.com NVP website]
* [http://www.nvp.com/story/default.aspx NVP - Our Story]
* [http://www.forbes.com/legacy/forbes/2001/0219/086tab1_table_2.shtml Promod Haque Forbes Midas List 2001]
* [http://www.forbes.com/finance/lists/99/2002/LIR.jhtml?passListId=99&passYear=2002&passListType=Person&uniqueId=SN6V&datatype=Person Promod Haque Forbes Midas List 2002]
* [http://www.forbes.com/finance/lists/99/2003/LIR.jhtml?passListId=99&passYear=2003&passListType=Person&uniqueId=SN6V&datatype=Person Promod Haque Forbes Midas List 2003]
* [http://www.forbes.com/finance/lists/99/2004/LIR.jhtml?passListId=99&passYear=2004&passListType=Person&uniqueId=SN6V&datatype=Person Promod Haque Forbes Midas List 2004]
* [http://www.forbes.com/finance/lists/99/2005/LIR.jhtml?passListId=99&passYear=2005&passListType=Person&uniqueId=SN6V&datatype=Person Promod Haque Forbes Midas List 2005]
* [http://www.forbes.com/lists/2006/99/SN6V.html Promod Haque Forbes Midas List 2006]
* [http://www.forbes.com/lists/2007/99/biz_07midas_Promod-Haque_SN6V.html Promod Haque Forbes Midas List 2007]
* [http://www.forbes.com/lists/2008/99/biz_08midas_Promod-Haque_SN6V.html Promod Haque Forbes Midas List 2008]
* [http://www.forbes.com/lists/2006/99/5VFU.html Matthew Howard Forbes Midas List 2006]
* [http://www.forbes.com/lists/2007/99/biz_07midas_Matthew-Howard_5VFU.html Matthew Howard Forbes Midas List 2007]
* [http://www.forbes.com/lists/2008/99/biz_08midas_Matthew-D-Howard_5VFU.html Matthew Howard Forbes Midas List 2008]
* [http://www.forbes.com/2008/01/24/midas-venture-capital-tech-08midas-cz_eb_0124method.html Forbes Midas List Methodology]
* [http://www.computerworld.com/softwaretopics/software/story/0,10801,98835,00.html Oracle closes PeopleSoft acquisition]
* [http://newsroom.cisco.com/dlls/fspnisapi1679.html Cisco Systems to acquire Cerent Corporation]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
См. также в других словарях:
Norwest Venture Partners — Type Private Industry Private equity Founded 1961 Headquarters Palo Alto, California … Wikipedia
Court Square Capital Partners — This article is about the U.S. and European private equity firm spun out of Citigroup in 2006. For the European, Asian and U.S. focused private equity firm spun out of Citigroup in 1993, see CVC Capital Partners. For the NYC subway station, see… … Wikipedia
One Equity Partners — Type Private Industry Private equity Founded 2001 F … Wikipedia
Chicago Growth Partners — Type Private Industry Private equity Founded 2004 (1982, William Blair Capital Partners) … Wikipedia
DLJ Merchant Banking Partners — Type Affiliate of Credit Suisse Industry Private equity Successor Spinouts: Avista Capital Partners, Diamond Castle Holdings … Wikipedia
MidOcean Partners — Type Private Ownership Industry Private Equity Founded 2003 Founder(s) Ted Virtue, Christ … Wikipedia
Ridgemont Equity Partners — Type Private Industry Private equity Predecessor BAML Capital Partners (2009 11), Bank of America Capital Investors (1993 2009), Merrill Lynch Global Private Equity (1996 2009) … Wikipedia
ngmoco — ngmoco, Inc. Type Subsidiary of DeNA Industry Video games Founded July 2008 Founder(s) Joe Keene Bob Stevenson Neil Y … Wikipedia
Web.com — Infobox Company company name = Web.com, Inc. company company type = Public (nasdaq|WSPI) foundation = flagicon|United States1999 as Website Pros location city = 12735 Gran Bay Parkway West, Building 200, Jacksonville, Florida key people = David L … Wikipedia
CCMP Capital — Type Limited Partnership Industry Private Equity Founded 1984 (2006 Spinout from JPMorgan Chase) Headquarters … Wikipedia