- Martin Garner
Garner works as a "Pioneer Evangelist" for the Wilson Carlile College of Evangelism, a centre for the training of Christian evangelists, run by the Church Army, an organisation within which he holds the rank of Captain. In February 2007, he wrote "A Call for Apostles Today" (ISBN 9781851746477), which argues that individual apostles, and groups, working in parallel with churches, are a more effective way of promoting Christianity than are churches alone. He is also the director of the Free Spirit Trust, an organisation promoting Christian missionary work, and jointly runs the "Great APEs" website, a website for "Apostles, Prophets and Evangelists".
His ornithological writing has included articles for British Birds and Birding World magazines. He is credited with discovering the first British records of Caspian Gull, in Essex in the 1990s. In 1997, with David Quinn and Bob Glover, Garner published a two-part paper in British Birds covering the identification of Yellow-legged and Caspian Gulls, which covered the former in far greater detail than any previous published work, and contained the first detailed English-language descriptions of the latter. His first bird-related book, Frontiers in Birding (ISBN 9781898110477), was published by BirdGuides Ltd. in 2008. He is a member of the British Birds Rarities Committee.
- ^ a b Grove Books profile of Martin Garner (accessed 22 June 2008)
- ^ Martin Garner's Church Army people directory entry (accessed 22 June 2008)
- ^ Free Spirit Trust website (accessed 22 June 2008)
- ^ Great APES website (accessed 22 June 2008)
- ^ Rogers, M. J. and the Rarities Committee (2003) Report on rare birds in Great Britain in 2002 British Birds 96(11): 542-609 (section on Caspian Gulls is on pages 575-8)
- ^ What is a Caspian Gull?, Dick Newell, 17 January 2003, Birdguides (accessed 17 August 2008)
- ^ Garner, Martin, illustrated by David Quinn (1997) Identification of Yellow-legged Gulls in Britain British Birds 90(1) 25-62; Garner, Martin, David Quinn and Bob Glover (1997) Identification of Yellow-legged Gulls in Britain, part 2 British Birds 90(9): 369-83
- ^ BirdGuides page describing Frontiers in Birding (accessed 22 June 2008)
- ^ Dean, Alan R. (2007) The British Birds Rarities Committee: a review of its history, publications and procedures British Birds 100(3): 149-176
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Martin Van Buren — 8th President of the United States In office March 4, 1837 – March 4, 1841 Vice President Rich … Wikipedia
Martin Cummins — Données clés Naissance 28 novembre 1969 (1969 11 28) (41 ans) Nord Delta, Colombie Britannique Nationalité … Wikipédia en Français
Martin Luther King, Jr. — Martin Luther King and MLK redirect here. For other uses, see Martin Luther King (disambiguation) and MLK (disambiguation). Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr … Wikipedia
Martin Luther King, Jr. Day — Martin Luther King, Jr. in 1964 Official name Birthday of Martin Luther King, Jr. Observed by U … Wikipedia
Martin Taylor (footballer born 1979) — Martin Taylor Taylor in Birmingham City colours, 2004 Personal information … Wikipedia
Martin v. Struthers — Supreme Court of the United States Argued March 11, 1943 Decided May 3, 1943 … Wikipedia
Martin Ritt — Données clés Naissance 2 mars 1914 New York (État de New York) États Unis Nationalité Américaine Déc … Wikipédia en Français
Martin H. Kennelly — 47th Mayor of Chicago In office 1947–1955 Preceded by Edward J. Kelly Succeeded by Richard J. Daley … Wikipedia
Garner Ted Armstrong — Infobox Person name = Garner Ted Armstrong image size = caption = birth name = birth date = birth date|1930|02|09 birth place = Portland, Oregon, U.S. death date = death date and age|2003|09|12|1930|02|09 death place = death cause = resting place … Wikipedia
Martin Van Buren — Pour les articles homonymes, voir Van Buren. Martin Van Buren Mandats … Wikipédia en Français