- Sagehen Creek Field Station
[http://sagehen.ucnrs.org/ Sagehen Creek Field Station] is a research and teaching facility of the
University of California at Berkeley's Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research, the Berkeley Natural History Museumsthe California Biodiversity Center, & the University of California Natural Reserve System. Sagehen is also a member of the Organization of Biological Field Stations.
The Station was established in 1951 with the signing of a long-term special use permit with the
USDA Forest Service; today, this relationship includes the Tahoe National Forestwhich manages the land, & the Pacific Southwest Research Station, which created the Sagehen Experimental Foreston Nov. 28, 2005.
Sagehen serves as the hub of a much broader network of research areas known as the Central Sierra Field Research Stations. CSFRS consists of:
Sagehen Creek Field Station,
Central Sierra Snow Lab,
Onion Creek Experimental Watershed,
Chickering American Reserve,
North Fork Association Lands.
Day and overnight use of the resource and facilities are permitted. To visit Sagehen, each group, project, or use must:
* Complete an on-line use-application; once application is approved by Station Manager...
* Read [http://sagehen.ucnrs.org/info.htm this information] prior to arrival.
* Agree to, complete, and sign a waiver form for each visitor (Spanish version available, too).
* Deliver signed waivers to Station Manager prior to or upon arrival.
The Station is not generally open to the public. However, Sagehen hosts periodic [http://sagehen.ucnrs.org/events.htm public events] , & arrangements for tours can be made with the Station Manager.
* [http://sagehen.ucnrs.org/info.htm Sagehen Creek Field Station] .
* [http://sagehen.ucnrs.org/CSFRS/ Central Sierra Field Research Stations]
* [http://research.chance.berkeley.edu/cssl/ Central Sierra Snow Lab]
* [http://www.fs.fed.us/psw/ef/onion_creek/ Onion Creek Experimental Watershed]
* [http://nrs.ucop.edu/Chickering-American-River.htm Chickering American Reserve]
* [http://research.chance.berkeley.edu/ Berkeley Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research]
* [http://nrs.ucop.edu/ University of California Natural Reserve System]
* [http://bnhm.berkeley.museum/ Berkeley Natural History Museums]
* [http://cbc.berkeley.edu/ California Biodiversity Center]
* [http://www.r5.fs.fed.us/tahoe/ USDA Forest Service]
* [http://www.r5.fs.fed.us/tahoe/ Tahoe National Forest]
* [http://www.fs.fed.us/psw/ Pacific Southwest Research Station]
* [http://www.fs.fed.us/psw/ef/ Sagehen Experimental Forest]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Central Sierra Field Research Stations — Background= The [http://sagehen.ucnrs.org/CSFRS/ Central Sierra Field Research Stations] is a regional group of UC Berkeley field research education reserves located on both sides of the crest of California s Sierra Nevada mountains, north of… … Wikipedia
Malibu Creek State Park — Malibu Creek State Park, with the Goat Buttes in the background. Coordinates … Wikipedia
Death Valley National Park — IUCN Category II (National Park) … Wikipedia
Angel Island (California) — Angel Island Angel Island Geography Location San Francisco Bay Coordinates … Wikipedia
Mount Diablo — West face of Mount Diablo and Hwy 24 Elevation … Wikipedia
Muir Woods National Monument — IUCN Category III (Natural Monument) Sunlight shining through redwood trees at the Muir Woods Nationa … Wikipedia
Farallon Islands — Farallon National Wildlife Refuge IUCN Category IV (Habitat/Species Management Area) Southeast Farallon Islands from the west, with Maintop Island in the foreground (right) … Wikipedia
China Camp State Park — Not to be confused with Chinese Camp, California. China Camp U.S. National Register of Historic Places … Wikipedia
Olompali State Historic Park — Further information: Rancho Olompali Olompali State Historic Park … Wikipedia
Henry W. Coe State Park — IUCN Category V (Protected Landscape/Seascape) Location Santa Clara and Stanislaus counties, California, USA Nearest … Wikipedia