- Digital ecosystem
A digital ecosystem is a distributed adaptive open socio-technical system with properties of self-organisation, scalability and sustainability. As an emerging field of study, "digital ecosystems" is informed by knowledge of natural ecosystems and is still being defined.     The term is used in the computer industry, the entertainment industry, and most notably the World Economic Forum.
- ^ G. Briscoe and P. De Wilde. Digital Ecosystems: Evolving service-oriented architectures. In Conference on Bio Inspired Models of Network, Information and Computing Systems. IEEE Press, 2006.
- ^ Zhuge, H. and Shi, X. Toward the Eco-grid: A Harmoniously Evolved Interconnection Environment. Communications of the ACM, 47(9)(2004)78-83.
- ^ P Dini, N Rathbone, M Vidal, P Hernandez, P Ferronato, G Briscoe and S Hendryx. The digital ecosystems research vision: 2010 and beyond. 2005, European Commission
- ^ Open Philosophies for Associative Autopoietic Digital Ecosystems (OPAALS) Network of Excellence
- ^ E Chang, M Quaddus and R Ramaseshan. The Vision of DEBI Institute: Digital Ecosystems and Business Intelligence. 2006, DEBII.
- ^ Digital Ecosystems and Business Intelligence Institute.
- ^ C. Fiorina. The digital ecosystem. 2000.
- ^ D. Bennett. Digital transformation in the entertainment industry - embracing the fully digital ecosystem. Technical report, Accenture, 2006.
- ^ World Economic Forum. Digital Ecosystem Community: Envisioning the future of the Digital Ecosystem.
- IEEE International Conference on Digital Ecosystems and Technologies (IEEE-DEST 2011) - Annual computer science Conference for Digital Ecosystems and related Technologies
- International ACM Conference on Management of Emergent Digital EcoSystems (MEDES 2009) - Annual computer science Conference for interdisciplinary studies on Digital Ecosystems and Analysis
- Digital Ecosystems and Business Intelligence Institute
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Digital technologies in education — Digital technology is a term that is being increasingly used in education in place of the now dated terms like ICT, educational technology, computer based education and Technology Enhanced Learning. The term digital technologies… … Wikipedia
Digital Equipment Corporation — Industry Computer manufacturing Fate Assets were sold to various companies. What remained was sold to Compaq. Successor … Wikipedia
Digital Living Network Alliance — Founded June 2003 (2003 06) Headquarters 4000 Kruse Way Place, Bldg 2, Ste 250 La … Wikipedia
Digital copy — (launched in 2007) provides consumers who purchase a film on DVD or Blu ray Disc with an additional, digital copy of the movie for devices capable of operating with a file in contrast to a DVD. Contents 1 Features 2 Reception 3 See also … Wikipedia
Digital personal and business ecosystem — (DPBE) describes the confluence of technology, infrastructure and devices, the provision of global business processes and applications, as well as the way these are used by people in private and professional contexts. The media that are used, the … Wikipedia
Digital Molecular Matter — (DMM) Developer(s) Pixelux Stable release 1.0 / May 2010 Operating system Unix, Linux, Mac, Windows, Xbox 360, PS3 License Proprietary … Wikipedia
Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem — The Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem (DECE LLC) is a consortium of major Hollywood studios, consumer electronics manufacturers and retailers, network hardware vendors, systems integrators and Digital Rights Management (DRM) vendors.… … Wikipedia
Artesia Digital Media Group — Infobox Company company name = The Artesia Digital Media Group company company type = Public (NASDAQ: [http://quotes.nasdaq.com/asp/SummaryQuote.asp?symbol=OTEX] ) company slogan = Solutions for the Digital Ecosystem foundation = 1999 location… … Wikipedia
Human ecosystem — Human ecosystems are complex cybernetic systems that are increasingly being used by ecological anthropologists and other scholars to examine the ecological aspects of human communities in a way that integrates multiple factors as economics, socio … Wikipedia
DigitalFusion Platform — is a patent pending architecture for orchestrating protected über information sharing across digital ecosystems, developed by privately held DigitalBridge. Developed collaboratively with a team led by Bruce Brown, PhD, the platform works across… … Wikipedia