- Dancing with the Stars (U.S. season 7)
Dancing with the Stars (season 7)
Dancing with the Stars season seven Promotional Advertisement made by BLT & Associates
Country United States Network ABC Original run September 22, 2008 – November 25, 2008 No. of episodes 21 Celebrity winner Brooke Burke Professional winner Derek Hough Previous season 6 Next season 8
The seventh season of Dancing with the Stars premiered on September 22, 2008 as a part of ABC's fall line-up. Instead of 12 couples like previous seasons, this was the first season to showcase a lineup of 13 couples. This season also introduced four new dances: the Hustle, the Salsa, the Jitterbug, and the West Coast Swing, as well as Team Dancing.
Tom Bergeron and Samantha Harris return as the show's hosts. Len Goodman, Bruno Tonioli, and Carrie Ann Inaba continue as the judges this season, with Michael Flatley having appeared temporarily as a guest judge for Len Goodman during Week 6.
Only three 30s were given out this season, and all were given to the winner, Brooke Burke: once for her Foxtrot in Week 7, once for her Freestyle in the finals, and once for her repeated favorite dance, the Viennese Waltz, also in the finals.
- 1 Couples
- 2 Scoring Chart
- 3 Season notes
- 4 Average Dance Chart
- 5 Songs
- 6 Call-out order
- 7 Dance Schedule
- 8 Dance Chart
- 9 Junior Ballroom Dancing Competition
- 10 Musical Guests
- 11 Macy's Stars of Dance
- 12 References
- 13 External links
Celebrity partner Occupation Professional partner Status Jeffrey Ross Stand-Up Comedian Edyta Śliwińska Eliminated 1st
on September 23, 2008
Ted McGinley Actor Inna Brayer Eliminated 2nd
on September 24, 2008
Kim Kardashian Reality Television Star Mark Ballas Eliminated 3rd
on September 30, 2008
Misty May-Treanor Professional Volleyball Champion Maksim Chmerkovskiy Withdrew
on October 6, 2008
Rocco DiSpirito Chef Karina Smirnoff Eliminated 4th
on October 14, 2008
Toni Braxton Grammy Award Winning Singer Alec Mazo Eliminated 5th
on October 21, 2008
Cloris Leachman Oscar Winning Actress Corky Ballas Eliminated 6th
on October 28, 2008
Susan Lucci Daytime Emmy Award Winning Icon Tony Dovolani Eliminated 7th
on November 5, 2008
Maurice Greene Olympic Gold Medal Sprinter Cheryl Burke Eliminated 8th
on November 11, 2008
Cody Linley Hannah Montana Star Julianne Hough
Edyta Śliwińska (Weeks 7 & 8)
on November 18, 2008
Lance Bass *NSYNC Band Member Lacey Schwimmer Third Place
on November 25, 2008
Warren Sapp NFL Superbowl Champion Kym Johnson Runner-Up
on November 25, 2008
Brooke Burke Television Hostess & Model Derek Hough Winners
on November 25, 2008
- Red numbers indicate the couples with the lowest score for each week.
- Green numbers indicate the couples with the highest score for each week.
- indicates the couple (or couples) eliminated that week.
- indicates the returning couple was the last to be called safe (they may or may have not been in the bottom two).
- indicates the returning couple that finished in the bottom two.
- indicates the couple withdrew (WD) from the competition.
- indicates the couple that would have been eliminated had an elimination taken place.
- indicates the winning couple.
- indicates the runner-up couple.
- indicates the third-place couple.
- indicates the semi-finalist couple.
Team Place 1A 1B 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Brooke & Derek 1 23 26 24 28 26 29 26 30+29=59 28+27=55 21+28=49 28+30+30=88 Warren & Kym 2 21 22 24 25 22 25 25 21+29=50 28+26=54 24+25=49 25+28+27=80 Lance & Lacey 3 22 21 20 22 26 21 27 25+20=45 26+24=50 28+29=57 26+27+28=81 Cody & Julianne 4 18 23 21 21 23 28 23 22+20=42 24+24=48 22+24=46 Maurice & Cheryl 5 18 21 19 24 20 27 21 25+29=54 24+24=48 Susan & Tony 6 15 22 21 21 24 22 23 24+20=44 Cloris & Corky 7 16 16 15 16 22 21 15 Toni & Alec 8 22 23 23 22 22 22 Rocco & Karina 9 14 21 16 20 18 Misty & Maks 10 21 21 21 WD Kim & Mark 11 19 18 17 Ted & Inna 12 18 19 Jeffrey & Edyta 13 12
- Cloris Leachman became the oldest woman on Dancing with the Stars.
- Week 1: Brooke Burke & Derek Hough received a23⁄30 (the highest score of the night) for their Cha-Cha-Cha and received a 26⁄30 for their Quickstep. Cloris Leachman received a16⁄30 for her Foxtrot. While Rocco DiSpirito & Karina Smirnoff earned their Foxtrot a 14⁄30 and Jeffrey Ross & Edyta Śliwińska received a 12⁄30 (the lowest score of the night) for their Cha-Cha-Cha. The September 23 episode featured competition and elimination on the same night. Each couple that was called safe performed a new routine. At the end of the episode, Jeffrey Ross was eliminated. Ted McGinley was eliminated on the results show the following night.
- Week 2: Warren & Kym performed an encore for their Paso Doble. Brooke & Derek held the top spot for the second consecutive week, while Cloris Leachman & Corky Ballas were at bottom of the judges' leaderboard for the second consecutive week. Kim Kardashian & reigning champion Mark Ballas were eliminated.
- Week 3: Brooke & Derek became the first couple to receive a 10 from any of the judges; in this case, it was awarded by Len Goodman. Cloris and Corky danced their wacky Jive leaving the judges speechless and landed at the bottom of the judges' leaderboard for the third consecutive week. Misty May-Treanor was forced to withdrew from the competition after rupturing her Achilles tendon during a training session. Because of her withdrawal, no elimination took place that week. However, it was announced on the results show that, of the remaining contestants, Rocco DiSpirito had the lowest combined total of scores and votes. Each couples combined total for that week was added to their total for the following week, in order to determine who would be eliminated next.
- Week 4: Cloris & Corky received their highest score of the season, 22⁄30 for their Tango, but they were found themselves in the bottom two along with Rocco & Karina. However, Rocco DiSpirito was eliminated.
- Week 5: Eight couples performed four new dances: the Hustle, the Salsa, the Jitterbug, and the West Coast Swing. Susan & Tony, and Warren & Kym will performed their the Hustle, Cloris & Corky, and Maurice & Cheryl performed the Salsa, Brooke & Derek, and Cody & Julianne performed the Jittlebug, and Lance & Lacey, and Toni & Alec performed the West Coast Swing. After the results show, Julianne Hough was rushed to the hospital because of severe stomach pain. She was later diagnosed with endometriosis. Toni Braxton was eliminated.
- Week 6: For the first time since the start of the competition, Brooke & Derek were not in first place, narrowly losing out to Lance Bass & Lacey Schwimmer. Cloris & Corky received a 15⁄30 (the lowest score of week six). They were eliminated, but the audience giving them a standing ovation for the last six weeks.
- Week 7: Brooke & Derek became the first couple to receive a perfect 30 from the judges, on their Foxtrot. Cody Linley danced with a substitute partner, Edyta Śliwińska, while Julianne Hough had surgery to remove her appendix. During Week 7, the show introduced Team Dancing and the score each team received was added to the score of their first dance of the evening. The producers named Warren and Susan captains, and had them randomly choose dances to perform. They were then allowed to choose teammates: the resulting teams were Team Cha-Cha (Lucci, Linley, Bass, and their partners) and Team Paso Doble (Sapp, Greene, Burke, and their partners). Susan Lucci was eliminated.
- Week 8: During the Latin round, each celebrity was required to dance a 15-second solo, apart from his/her partner. Cody Linley danced with Edyta again this week, while Julianne recovered from her surgery. Warren Sapp & Kym Johnson earned their first 10 for their Tango and received the encore for the week. Maurice Greene was eliminated.
- Week 9: Julianne Hough returned to the show to dance with Cody Linley. Brooke & Derek earned their jive a 21⁄30, their lowest score of the season, while Lance & Lacey earned their highest scores of the season for their Mambo a 28⁄30 and the Jitterbug a 29⁄30, giving them total of 57⁄60 the highest score of week 9. Cody Linley came in last place and was eliminated.
- Week 10: Burke received a score of 28⁄30 for the Group Samba and earned a perfect 30⁄30 for the Freestyle round. During the Tuesday night finale, the eliminated couples returned to the dance floor for their final performances including the unstoppable Cloris Leachman. Jeffrey Ross performed a stand-up comedy routine, in which he "roasted" the three finalists. Lance Bass & Lacey Schwimmer received third place, Warren Sapp & Kym Johnson received second place, Brooke Burke & Derek Hough became the Champions of Dancing with the Stars Season 7. This was Kym Johnson's second time finishing in second place, the first time being in season four with celebrity partner Joey Fatone.
- During rehearsal of their first dance, Jeffrey Ross was accidentally poked in the eye by Edyta Śliwińska, suffering a scratched cornea. Against doctor's advice, Ross continued the competition. They were the first couple to be eliminated.
- On Friday, October 3, 2008, Misty May-Treanor was injured during practice. She received immediate medical attention. At the end of the next episode, on Monday, October 6, May-Treanor announced that she had ruptured her Achilles tendon, and thus had to withdraw from the competition; moreover, she had surgery scheduled for October 7. She plans to return to volleyball competition after her recovery, stating that she had already planned to take some time off, so this injury did not affect her career. On the results show the next night, Bergeron revealed that no one would be eliminated that week because of May-Treanor's withdrawal; instead, the Week 3 scores would be combined with the scores from Week 4. He also revealed that Rocco DiSpirito would have been eliminated.
- On Sunday, October 19, 2008, Brooke Burke was injured during the camera blocking for her Jitterbug with partner Derek Hough. She was doing a front flip and came down too hard on her right foot. She put ice on it immediately, but ended up going to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center Monday morning, October 20, 2008, for treatment and X-rays. There, it was determined that she had severely bruised her foot, but as of Monday afternoon, an ABC spokesperson told People magazine that Burke and Hough were still planning to perform on that night's live show. They did just that, and went on to receive a 29 for their Jitterbug, remaining at the top of the leaderboard for the fifth straight week.
- On the Monday, October 20 show, Tom Bergeron announced that Susan Lucci had fractured two bones in her foot, but she would still dance her Hustle that night.
- On the Tuesday, October 21 results show, Tom Bergeron announced that Michael Flatley would sit in as a guest judge for Len Goodman during Week 6. Goodman got one week off due to an "impossible schedule," as stated by Samantha Harris.
- Forty minutes after the Tuesday, October 21 results show Julianne Hough was taken by ambulance to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center for increasingly painful stomach pains. Initially Hough said she was taking a day off from the group rehearsal to relax and try and feel better. However, on October 27 she was diagnosed with endometriosis. She announced on the October 27th show that she would undergo surgery to remove her appendix on October 28, and that she would bow out of the competition until she recovers. Her partner Cody Linley worked with Edyta Śliwińska for Weeks 7 and 8 of the competition. Hough returned to the show for Week 9, the semi-finals, on November 17.
- Julianne Hough's scheduled performance for the October 21st results show was pre-recorded and postponed. It aired during the November 18th results show with Mark, Derek, and Lacey performing a choreographed routine along with Julianne.
- On Thursday, October 30, Lacey Schwimmer reported that she has endometriosis but she would continue the show because her condition would not require surgery.
- Due to ABC's television coverage of the 2008 Presidential Election on November 4, 2008, the Week 7 results show was moved to Wednesday, November 5.
- Tuesday, November 25 marked the first time since Season 3 that a couple (or two) did not receive a perfect 30 for their favorite dance of the season, as Lance Bass received a 28 and Warren Sapp received a 27.
- During the season, Toni Braxton had a tumor under her breast and was scheduled not to go on tour, though after it was removed, she reported she would.
Average Dance Chart
Couples Averages Places Best Dances Worst Dances Brooke & Derek 27.1 1 Foxtrot, Freestyle, Viennese Waltz (30) Jive (21) Warren & Kym 24.8 2 Team Paso Doble (29) Cha-Cha-Cha & Foxtrot (21) Lance & Lacey 24.5 3 Jitterbug (29) Paso Doble & Team Cha-Cha-Cha (20) Cody & Julianne 22.5 4 Jitterbug (28) Cha-Cha-Cha (18) Maurice & Cheryl 22.9 5 Team Paso Doble (29) Foxtrot (18) Susan & Tony 21.3 6 Tango & Paso Doble (24) Cha-Cha-Cha (15) Cloris & Corky 17.3 7 Tango (22) Paso Doble & Cha-Cha-Cha (15) Toni & Alec 22.6 8 Quickstep & Rumba (23) Cha-Cha-Cha, Viennese Waltz, Samba, & West Coast Swing (22) Rocco & Karina 17.8 9 Mambo (21) Foxtrot (14) Misty & Maks 21.0 10 Foxtrot, Mambo, & Paso Doble (21) Foxtrot, Mambo, & Paso Doble (21) Kim & Mark 18.0 11 Foxtrot (19) Rumba (17) Ted & Inna 18.5 12 Mambo (19) Foxtrot (18) Jeffrey & Edyta 12.0 13 Cha-Cha-Cha (12) Cha-Cha-Cha (12)
- Running order
Couple Score Style Music Cody & Julianne 18 (6,6,6) Cha-Cha-Cha "Tilt Ya Head Back"—Nelly and Christina Aguilera Rocco & Karina 14 (5,4,5) Foxtrot "Stray Cat Strut"—Stray Cats Toni & Alec 22 (7,7,8) Cha-Cha-Cha "Smooth"—Carlos Santana ft. Rob Thomas Maurice & Cheryl 18 (6,6,6) Foxtrot "Doing It To Death"—Fred Wesley and the JB Horns Brooke & Derek 23 (7,8,8) Cha-Cha-Cha "Are You My Woman (Tell Me So)"—The Chi-Lites Ted & Inna 18 (6,6,6) Foxtrot "God Only Knows"—The Beach Boys Lance & Lacey 22 (8,6,8) Cha-Cha-Cha "Jumpin' Jack Flash"—The Rolling Stones Cloris & Corky 16 (6,5,5) Foxtrot "I Wish I Were In Love Again"—Frank Sinatra Jeffrey & Edyta 12 (4,4,4) Cha-Cha-Cha "Play That Funky Music"—Wild Cherry Kim & Mark 19 (6,7,6) Foxtrot "The Pink Panther Theme"—Henry Mancini Susan & Tony 15 (5,5,5) Cha-Cha-Cha "I Heard It Through the Grapevine"—Marvin Gaye Misty & Maksim 21 (6,8,7) Foxtrot "This Will Be (An Everlasting Love)"—Natalie Cole Warren & Kym 21 (7,7,7) Cha-Cha-Cha "Do I Do"—Stevie Wonder
- Running order
Couple Score Style Music Lance & Lacey 21 (7,6,8) Quickstep "Close to Me"—The Cure Misty & Maksim 21 (7,7,7) Mambo "Black Mambo"—Angel & the Mambokats Maurice & Cheryl 21 (7,7,7) Mambo "I Do the Jerk"—Ryan Shaw Brooke & Derek 26 (9,8,9) Quickstep "Lover, Come Back to Me"—Barbra Streisand Cloris & Corky 16 (6,5,5) Mambo "Coconut Woman"—Harry Belafonte Toni & Alec 23 (8,7,8) Quickstep "Blue Skies"—Della Reese Warren & Kym 22 (7,7,8) Quickstep "Ding Dong Daddy of the D-Car Line"—Cherry Poppin' Daddies Ted & Inna 19 (6,6,7) Mambo "Mambo Gozon"—Tito Puente Cody & Julianne 23 (8,7,8) Quickstep "I Want You To Want Me"—Letters to Cleo Rocco & Karina 21 (7,7,7) Mambo "La Comay"—Sonora Carrulseles Susan & Tony 22 (7,7,8) Quickstep "Bei Mir Bist Du Schon"—The Arthur Murray Orchestra Kim & Mark 18 (6,6,6) Mambo "Baby Got Back"—Sir Mix-a-Lot Jeffrey & Edyta N/A Quickstep "I Get a Kick Out of You"—Frank Sinatra
- Running order
Couple Score Style Music Toni & Alec 23 (7,8,8) Rumba "I Can't Make You Love Me"—Bonnie Raitt Brooke & Derek 24 (8,8,8) Paso Doble "Palladio, First Movement"—Karl Jenkins Rocco & Karina 16 (5,6,5) Rumba "You'll Never Find Another Love Like Mine"—Lou Rawls Lance & Lacey 20 (7,6,7) Paso Doble "I Kissed a Girl"—Katy Perry Kim & Mark 17 (6,6,5) Rumba "You Give Me Something"—James Morrison Misty & Maksim 21 (7,7,7) Paso Doble "Take Me Out"—Franz Ferdinand Maurice & Cheryl 19 (7,6,6) Rumba "Mercy Mercy Me"—Marvin Gaye Cloris & Corky 15 (5,5,5) Paso Doble "Boléro"—Maurice Ravel Susan & Tony 21 (7,7,7) Rumba "Waiting on the World to Change"—John Mayer Warren & Kym 24 (8,8,8) Paso Doble "Malagueña"—The Brian Setzer Orchestra Cody & Julianne 21 (7,7,7) Rumba "Bleeding Love"—Leona Lewis
- Running order
Couple Score Style Music Susan & Tony 21 (7,7,7) Jive "Why Do Fools Fall in Love"—Diana Ross Lance & Lacey 22 (8,7,7) Viennese Waltz "Let Me Leave"—Marc Broussard Maurice & Cheryl 24 (8,8,8) Jive "Rock Around the Clock"—Bill Haley & His Comets Rocco & Karina 20 (7,7,6) Viennese Waltz "What's New Pussycat?"—Tom Jones Warren & Kym 25 (9,8,8) Viennese Waltz "Lovin' U"—Alicia Keys Cody & Julianne 21 (7,7,7) Jive "Call Me the Breeze"—Lynyrd Skynyrd Toni & Alec 22 (8,7,7) Viennese Waltz "Für Elise"—Ludwig van Beethoven Cloris & Corky 16 (6,5,5) Jive "The Girl Can't Help It"—Little Richard Brooke & Derek 28 (9,10,9) Viennese Waltz "Daughters"—John Mayer Misty & Maksim N/A Jive "Shake It"—Metro Station
- Running order
Couple Score Style Music Maurice & Cheryl 20 (6,7,7) Samba "That's the Way (I Like It)"—KC and the Sunshine Band Cody & Julianne 23 (7,8,8) Tango "Bohemian Like You"—The Dandy Warhols Toni & Alec 22 (7,7,8) Samba "De Donde Soy"—Thalía Cloris & Corky 22 (8,7,7) Tango "The Big Date"—Marc Shaiman Rocco & Karina 18 (6,6,6) Samba "I Go to Rio"—Peter Allen Susan & Tony 24 (8,8,8) Tango "La Bohemia"—Electric Club Tango Brooke & Derek 26 (9,8,9) Samba "Hip Hip Chin Chin"—Club des Belugas Lance & Lacey 26 (9,8,9) Tango "Disturbia"—Rihanna Warren & Kym 22 (8,7,7) Samba "Bounce With Me"—Kreesha Turner
- Running order
Couple Score Style Music Lance & Lacey 21 (7,7,7) West Coast Swing "Breakin' Dishes"—Rihanna Toni & Alec 22 (7,7,8) West Coast Swing "The Way You Make Me Feel"—Michael Jackson Susan & Tony 22 (7,7,8) Hustle "Upside Down"—Diana Ross Warren & Kym 25 (8,8,9) Hustle "Funky Town"— Lipps Inc. Cloris & Corky 21 (7,7,7) Salsa "Tres Deseos"—Gloria Estefan Maurice & Cheryl 27 (9,9,9) Salsa "Everything I Can't Have"—Robin Thicke Brooke & Derek 29 (10,9,10) Jitterbug "Don't Be Cruel"—Elvis Presley Cody & Julianne 28 (10,9,9) Jitterbug "Big Time Operator"—Big Bad Voodoo Daddy
Individual judges scores in charts below (given in parentheses) are listed in this order from left to right: Carrie Ann Inaba, Michael Flatley, Bruno Tonioli. Len Goodman is with Kenny Mayne and Jerry Rice.
- Running order
Couple Score Style Music Maurice & Cheryl 21 (7,7,7) Viennese Waltz "Gravity"—John Mayer Lance & Lacey 27 (9,9,9) Jive "Tutti Frutti"—Little Richard Susan & Tony 23 (8,8,7) Mambo "Si Señor!..."—Gloria Estefan Brooke & Derek 26 (8,10,8) Rumba "No Air"—Jordin Sparks and Chris Brown Cloris & Corky 15 (5,5,5) Cha-Cha-Cha "Come See About Me"—The Supremes Cody & Julianne 23 (8,8,7) Samba "Whine Up"—Kat DeLuna Warren & Kym 25 (8,9,8) Rumba "Irreplaceable"—Beyoncé Cloris & Corky
Maurice & Cheryl
Cody & Julianne
Brooke & Derek
Warren & Kym
Lance & Lacey
Susan & Tony
N/A Old School Hip-Hop "It Takes Two"—Rob Base & DJ E-Z Rock
- Running order
Couple Score Style Music Warren & Kym 21 (7,7,7) Foxtrot "Is You Is or Is You Ain't My Baby"—Diana Krall Susan & Tony 24 (8,8,8) Paso Doble "The Ride"—James Horner Maurice & Cheryl 25 (8,9,8) Cha-Cha-Cha "Cupid Shuffle"—Cupid Cody & Edyta 22 (8,7,7) Viennese Waltz "Have You Ever Really Loved a Woman?"—Bryan Adams Lance & Lacey 25 (9,7,9) Rumba "Your Body Is a Wonderland"—John Mayer Brooke & Derek 30 (10,10,10) Foxtrot "Lullaby of Birdland"—Sarah Vaughan Susan & Tony
Lance & Lacey
Cody & Edyta
20 (6,7,7) Team Cha-Cha-Cha "Mercy"—Duffy Maurice & Cheryl
Warren & Kym
Brooke & Derek
29 (10,9,10) Team Paso Doble "Rocks"—Primal Scream
- Running order
Couple Score Style Music Cody & Edyta 24 (8,8,8) Foxtrot "Call Me Irresponsible"—Frank Sinatra 24 (8,8,8) Mambo "My Way"—Los Lonely Boys Brooke & Derek 28 (10,8,10) Tango "Tango Diabolo"—Christa Behnke 27 (9,9,9) Mambo "Cuban Mambo"—Xavier Cugat Maurice & Cheryl 24 (8,8,8) Quickstep "Puttin' on the Ritz"—Fred Astaire 24 (8,8,8) Paso Doble "Let It Rock"—Kevin Rudolf and Lil Wayne Lance & Lacey 26 (9,8,9) Foxtrot "Sweet Pea"—Amos Lee 24 (8,7,9) Samba "1 Thing"—Amerie Warren & Kym 28 (10,9,9) Tango "Peter Gunn Theme"—Henry Mancini 26 (9,8,9) Jive "Hallelujah I Love Her So"—Ray Charles
- Running order
Couple Score Style Music Brooke & Derek 21 (7,7,7) Jive "The House is Rockin'"—Stevie Ray Vaughan 28 (9,10,9) Salsa "Barbarabatiri"—Tito Puente Cody & Julianne 22 (8,7,7) Paso Doble "Le Disko"—Shiny Toy Guns 24 (8,8,8) Salsa "Juventud de Presente"—Tito Puente Warren & Kym 24 (8,8,8) Mambo "Tequila"—The Champs 25 (9,8,8) Jitterbug "That Old Black Magic"—Sammy Davis Jr. Lance & Lacey 28 (10,9,9) Mambo "Straight To Number One"—Touch and Go 29 (10,9,10) Jitterbug "Jim Dandy"—Black Oak Arkansas
Before the actual dances were performed, a clip of each couple's favorite Ballroom and Latin dance was shown:
Couple Style Music Brooke & Derek Quickstep "Lover, Come Back to Me"—Barbra Streisand Paso Doble "Palladio, first movement"—Karl Jenkins Lance & Lacey Tango "Disturbia"—Rihanna Mambo "Straight To Number One"—Touch and Go Warren & Kym Viennese Waltz "Lovin' U"—Alicia Keys Paso Doble "Malagueña"—The Brian Setzer Orchestra
- Running order
Couple Score Style Music Brooke & Derek 28 (9,9,10) Samba "Blame It On the Boogie"—The Jacksons 30 (10,10,10) Freestyle "You're the One That I Want"—John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John 30 (10,10,10) Viennese Waltz "Daughters"—John Mayer Lance & Lacey 26 (9,8,9) Samba "Blame It On the Boogie"—The Jacksons 27 (9,9,9) Freestyle "It's Tricky"—Run-D.M.C. 28 (9,9,10) Jitterbug "Jim Dandy"—Black Oak Arkansas Warren & Kym 25 (9,7,9) Samba "Blame It On the Boogie"—The Jacksons 28 (9,10,9) Freestyle "Proud Mary"—Ike & Tina Turner 27 (9,9,9) Hustle "Funky Town"—Lipps Inc.
The table below lists the order in which the contestants' fates were revealed by Bergeron and Harris.
Contestant call-out order Order 1A 1B 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 1 Lance & Lacey Brooke & Derek Toni & Alec Brooke & Derek Susan & Tony Warren & Kym Lance & Lacey Maurice & Cheryl Warren & Kym Lance & Lacey Brooke & Derek 2 Misty & Maks Kim & Mark Rocco & Karina Cloris & Corky Lance & Lacey Cloris & Corky Cody & Julianne Brooke & Derek Lance & Lacey Brooke & Derek Warren & Kym 3 Maurice & Cheryl Cloris & Corky Cody & Julianne Maurice & Cheryl Brooke & Derek Cody & Julianne Warren & Kym Warren & Kym Brooke & Derek Warren & Kym Lance & Lacey 4 Brooke & Derek Maurice & Cheryl Brooke & Derek Warren & Kym Cody & Julianne Maurice & Cheryl Brooke & Derek Lance & Lacey Cody & Edyta Cody & Julianne 5 Cloris & Corky Misty & Maks Susan & Tony Toni & Alec Toni & Alec Brooke & Derek Maurice & Cheryl Cody & Edyta Maurice & Cheryl 6 Toni & Alec Warren & Kym Warren & Kym Susan & Tony Warren & Kym Lance & Lacey Susan & Tony Susan & Tony 7 Warren & Kym Susan & Tony Maurice & Cheryl Cody & Julianne Maurice & Cheryl Susan & Tony Cloris & Corky 8 Ted & Inna Rocco & Karina Lance & Lacey Lance & Lacey Cloris & Corky Toni & Alec 9 Cody & Julianne Lance & Lacey Misty & Maks Rocco & Karina Rocco & Karina 10 Rocco & Karina Cody & Julianne Cloris & Corky Misty & Maks 11 Susan & Tony Toni & Alec Kim & Mark 12 Kim & Mark Ted & Inna 13 Jeffrey & Edyta
- The couple had the encore for the week
- The couple came in first place with the judges
- The couple came in first place with the judges and had the encore for the week
- The couple came in last place with the judges
- The couple came in last place with the judges and was eliminated
- The couple had the encore for the week, came in last place with the judges and was eliminated
- The couple withdrew from the competition
- The couple would have been eliminated but was not eliminated due to May-Treanor's withdrawal
- The couple was eliminated
- The couple won the competition
- The couple came in second in the competition
- The couple came in third in the competition
- The couple ended up as a semi-finalist and came in last place with the judges
- On the Week 1, Night 3 episode, Jeffrey & Edyta, who had been eliminated after Night 1, were given the chance to perform the dance they would have performed on Night 2.
- On the Week 3 results show, Maksim and Edyta danced the Jive that he and Misty would have done had she not been injured.
- Julianne Hough had an appendectomy on October 28. While she recovered, Edyta became Cody's partner for Weeks 7 and 8 of the competition.
- During Week 6, Cody had no partner standing with him on stage when he was announced safe because of Julianne's surgery. Edyta later joined Cody for an interview backstage.
- There was no encore on the Week 9 results show due to time constraints resulting from a high number of musical guests.
- Lance Bass and Lacey Schwimmer were the first couple to beat Brooke Burke and Derek Hough off the top of the leaderboard.
The celebrities and professional partners will dance one of these routines for each corresponding week.
- Week 1 (Night 1): Cha-Cha-Cha or Foxtrot
- Week 1 (Night 2): Mambo or Quickstep
- Week 2: Paso Doble or Rumba
- Week 3: Jive or Viennese Waltz
- Week 4: Samba or Tango
- Week 5: Hustle, Jitterbug, Salsa or West Coast Swing
- Week 6: One unlearned dance (Week 1 to Week 4) & Old School Hip-Hop Group Dance
- Week 7: One unlearned dance (Week 1 to Week 4) & Team Cha-Cha-Cha or Paso Doble
- Week 8: Two unlearned dances (one Ballroom, one Latin) from Week 1 to Week 4, with a 15-second solo during the Latin routine
- Week 9: Final unlearned dance (Week 1 to Week 4) & Jitterbug or Salsa
- Week 10: Samba Smackdown, Freestyle & Favorite Dance of the Season
Team 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Brooke & Derek Cha-Cha-Cha Quickstep Paso Doble Viennese Waltz Samba Jitterbug Rumba Hip-Hop Foxtrot Team Paso Doble Tango Mambo Jive Salsa Samba Freestyle Viennese Waltz Warren & Kym Cha-Cha-Cha Quickstep Paso Doble Viennese Waltz Samba Hustle Rumba Hip-Hop Foxtrot Team Paso Doble Tango Jive Mambo Jitterbug Samba Freestyle Hustle Lance & Lacey Cha-Cha-Cha Quickstep Paso Doble Viennese Waltz Tango West Coast Swing Jive Hip-Hop Rumba Team Cha-Cha-Cha Foxtrot Samba Mambo Jitterbug Samba Freestyle Jitterbug Cody & Julianne/
Cha-Cha-Cha Quickstep Rumba Jive Tango Jitterbug Samba Hip-Hop Viennese Waltz1 Team Cha-Cha-Cha1 Foxtrot1 Mambo1 Paso Doble Salsa Jitterbug Maurice & Cheryl Foxtrot Mambo Rumba Jive Samba Salsa Viennese Waltz Hip-Hop Cha-Cha-Cha Team Paso Doble Quickstep Paso Doble Salsa Susan & Tony Cha-Cha-Cha Quickstep Rumba Jive Tango Hustle Mambo Hip-Hop Paso Doble Team Cha-Cha-Cha Paso Doble Cloris & Corky Foxtrot Mambo Paso Doble Jive Tango Salsa Cha-Cha-Cha Hip-Hop Tango Toni & Alec Cha-Cha-Cha Quickstep Rumba Viennese Waltz Samba West Coast Swing Rocco & Karina Foxtrot Mambo Rumba Viennese Waltz Samba Mambo Misty & Maksim Foxtrot Mambo Paso Doble Jive Kim & Mark Foxtrot Mambo Rumba Mambo Ted & Inna Foxtrot Mambo Foxtrot Jeffrey & Edyta Cha-Cha-Cha Quickstep Quickstep
- Highest Scoring Dance
- Lowest Scoring Dance
- Withdrawn Dance (Not Performed/Scored)
- Performed but not scored
* Misty May-Treanor and Maksim Chmerkovskiy could not perform an encore due to Misty still recovering from the Achilles tendon injury that had forced her to withdraw. Toni Braxton and Alec Mazo did not perform their encore due to Toni recuperating from a recent surgery.
Junior Ballroom Dancing Competition
- Names in bold are the winners of each round.
Date Round Pair Ages Dance Song Votes October 14, 2008 1 Mitchell & Jessica 11 & 10 Cha-Cha-Cha "All Star"—Smash Mouth Len Goodman Kirill & Hannah 11 & 10 Samba "I Wan'na Be Like You"—Big Bad Voodoo Daddy Carrie Ann Inaba & Bruno Tonioli October 21, 2008 2 Anthony & Alisa 11 & 12 Jive "Fun, Fun, Fun"—The Beach Boys Len Goodman Mitchell & Maria 12 & 13 Paso Doble "España Cañi"—Pascual Marquina Narro Carrie Ann Inaba & Bruno Tonioli October 28, 2008 3 Craig & Samantha 13 & 11 Cha-Cha-Cha "Play"—Jennifer Lopez Carrie Ann Inaba, Michael Flatley & Bruno Tonioli Simon & Lucy 13 & 13 Samba "Steal My Sunshine"—Len None November 18, 2008 4 Kirill & Hannah 11 & 10 Cha-Cha-Cha "Get Ready"—The Temptations Public voted for the winners,
announced on November 24, 2008.
Mitchell & Maria 12 & 13 Samba "Mas Que Nada"—Sérgio Mendes and Carlinhos Brown Craig & Samantha 13 & 11 Jive "Rockin' Robin"—Michael Jackson
- For the final round, Tony Dovolani helped Kirill & Hannah, Julianne Hough helped Mitchell & Maria, and Maksim Chmerkovskiy helped Craig & Samantha.
Macy's Stars of Dance
Date Performers September 30, 2008 Brian Friedman, Jenna Dewan, Carmit Bachar and others October 7, 2008 The Radio City Rockettes October 14, 2008 Los Vivancos October 21, 2008 Rich & Tone "Dancing Through The Decades" October 28, 2008 Michael Flatley November 5, 2008 Dave Scott "It's Magic!" November 11, 2008 Design a Dance – Derek Hough & Julianne Hough
- For the November 11th "Design a Dance" performance, viewers had voted in the weeks beforehand about what style dance they wanted (Jive), what song they wanted the dance to ("Great Balls of Fire"), and what professionals they wanted to do the dance (Derek Hough and Julianne Hough). Also, Dancing with the Stars held an online contest where viewers could submit their drawings for outfits for the performance. Allen, Texas resident Kelly Kealy-Mayton won, and her designs were turned into the outfits for Derek Hough and Julianne Hough, and she and her husband won a trip to the show.
- ^ "DWTS Season 7 Announcement – Aug 25". YouTube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ms8P1Yqwnss. Retrieved 2010-04-23.
- ^ "Dancing With The Stars - Home - ABC.com". Dancing.abc.com. http://dancing.abc.com. Retrieved 2010-04-23.
- ^ Rizzo, Monica (October 4, 2008). "DWTS‘ Misty May-Treanor Injured". People.com. http://tvwatch.people.com/2008/10/04/dwtss-misty-may-treanor-injured/.
- ^ "May-Treanor vows torn Achilles won't end her volleyball career". Associated Press. ESPN.com. October 6, 2008. http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/news/story?id=3630090. Retrieved 2008-10-06.
- ^ Rizzo, Monica (October 20, 2008). "Dancing’s Brooke Burke Taken to Hospital". People.com. http://tvwatch.people.com/2008/10/20/dancings-brooke-burke-taken-to-hospital/. Retrieved 2008-10-20.
- ^ Rizzo, Monica and Reagan Alexander (October 22, 2008). "Dancing's Julianne Hough Hospitalized After Show". People.com. http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20234950,00.html. Retrieved 2008-10-22.
- ^ Fleeman, Mike (October 27, 2008). "Dancing’s Julianne Hough to Undergo Surgery for Endometriosis". People.com. http://tvwatch.people.com/2008/10/27/dancings-julianne-hough-to-undergo-surgery-for-endometriosis/. Retrieved October 27, 2008.
- ^ Tauber, Michelle (October 28, 2008). "Julianne Hough Taking Care Health ‘Because I Want to Have Babies Someday’". People.com. http://tvwatch.people.com/2008/10/28/julianne-hough-taking-care-health-because-i-want-to-have-babies-someday/. Retrieved October 28, 2008.
- ^ "Allen designer Kelly Kealy-Mayton wins 'Dancing With the Stars' costume contest | Dallas-Fort Worth Entertainment News and Events | News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas Morning News". Dallasnews.com. 2008-11-10. http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/ent/stories/DN-dancing_1110gd.ART0.State.Edition1.4a33fdc.html. Retrieved 2010-04-23.
Dancing with the Stars (U.S. TV series) Seasons ParticipantsList of competitors Hosts Current Former Judges Current Champions Celebrities Professionals Alternate versions GamesList of competitors Dancing with the Stars (U.S. season 7)
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Dancing with the Stars (U.S. season 10) — Dancing with the Stars (Season 10) Promotional advertisement for the tenth season of Dancing with the Stars. (Advertisement designed by BLT Associates) Country United States Network … Wikipedia
Dancing with the Stars (U.S. season 11) — Dancing with the Stars (Season 11) Promotional advertisement for the 11th season of Dancing with the Stars. (Advertisement designed by BLT Associates) Country United States Network A … Wikipedia
Dancing with the Stars (U.S. season 12) — Dancing with the Stars (Season 12) Promotional advertisement for the 12th season of Dancing with the Stars. (Advertisement designed by BLT Associates) Country United States Network ABC … Wikipedia
Dancing with the Stars (U.S. season 1) — Dancing with the Stars (season 1) Country United States Network ABC Original run June 1, 2005 – July 13, 2005 No. of episodes 10 Celebrity winner … Wikipedia
Dancing with the Stars (U.S. season 3) — Dancing with the Stars (season 3) Dancing with the Stars season three Promotional Advertisement made by BLT Associates Country United States Network … Wikipedia
Dancing with the Stars (U.S. season 6) — Dancing with the Stars (season 6) Dancing with the Stars season six two page Promotional Advertisement made by BLT Associates Country United States Network … Wikipedia
Dancing with the Stars (U.S. season 8) — Dancing with the Stars (season 8) Dancing with the Stars season eight Promotional Advertisement made by BLT Associates Country United States Network ABC … Wikipedia
Dancing with the Stars (U.S. season 4) — Dancing with the Stars (season 4) Dancing with the Stars season four Promotional Advertisement made by BLT Associates Country United States Network … Wikipedia
Dancing with the Stars (U.S. season 5) — Dancing with the Stars (season 5) Dancing with the Stars season five Promotional Advertisement made by BLT Associates Country United States Network … Wikipedia
Dancing with the Stars (U.S. season 13) — Dancing with the Stars (Season 13) Promotional advertisement for the 13th season of Dancing with the Stars Country United States Network ABC … Wikipedia