- China Software Industry Association
The China Software Industry Association (CSIA) is the major representative and one of the most active associations in the China Software industry. Its goal is to promote the development of software industry in China and provide a hub with overseas markets.
The organization has also be empowered by the nation's state country under the "No.18 Document" as part of the 46 local software industry associations to become a key tool to the country's information industry.
In its operations, the organization is nationally accredited by creating forums, intellectual property rights protection, and other activities related to setting industry regulation drivers within the country. The organization's members include major multinational corporations such as Microsoft as it enables them to meet fellow software industry organizations, innovators, and enhance the industry. 
Domestic software industry
- China's software industry grew at a CAGR of more than 39% over the period from 2001 to 2007 and is further anticipated to grow at a CAGR of nearly 22% through 2012.
- Rapid growth in IT spending among various industrial segments, including government, banking and manufacturing are likely to propel the domestic software industry in near future.
- The ongoing large-scale endeavors for 3G deployments are expected to fuel growth in the demand for 3G telecom software across various application platforms.
- Expanding broadband infrastructure with increased Internet penetration among Small and Medium Businesses (SMBs) will help the SaaS market to grow at a CAGR of approx 44% during 2008-2012.
- The software outsourcing market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of nearly 34% from 2008 to 2012.
- The current perception of lack of required talent in coming few years is urging the foreign IT training and education centers to expand into China's IT education market.
China's Top Ten Software Technology Parks, according to CCID Consulting as of February 2008 (in order):
- Institute of Software, Chinese Academy of Sciences
- Ministry of Industry and Information Technology
- List of Linux distributions (Linpus Linux, Asianux, Red Flag Linux)
- P2PTV (TVUPlayer, PPLive, QQLive, PPStream)
- Sunwah - PearL Linux
- Sunwah Linux (rays Linux Distribution)
- Electronic information industry in China
- Free Software Magazine (China)
- Category:Chinese-language Linux distributions Co-CreateLinux, Hiweed, Red Flag Linux
- Dalian Software Park
- Neusoft Group
- Neusoft Institute of Information
- ETEN operation system
- Red Flag Linux
- Paul Kan Man-Lok
- Liu Zhiming
- CJK characters
- Wenlin Software for learning Chinese
- Linux Unified Kernel
- Mozilla China
- Mozilla Online
- Xuedong Huang
- Feitian Technologies Co., Ltd.
- Ticketing and Reservation System
- Online gaming in China
- Video gaming in China
- Shenzhen Electronics Industries Association
These are the associations in Asia for the IT and service industries:
- Japan Information Industry Association (JISA)
- NASSCOM (National Association of Software and Services Companies), India
- Philippine Software Industry Association
- Vietnam Software Association (VINASA)
- ^ "Introduction of China Software Industry Association". China Software Industry Association. http://www.csia.org.cn/chinese_en/index/csiaintro.html. Retrieved 2008-06-01.
- ^ "Introduction of China Software Industry Association". China People's Daily Online. http://english.people.com.cn/200206/17/eng20020617_97986.shtml. Retrieved 2008-05-11.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
China Venture Capital Association — (CVCA) is a Venture Capital industry trade group that itself says promotes the interest and the development of venture capital ( VC ) and private equity ( PE ) industry in the Greater China Region. CVCA was founded in mid 2002 and is based in the … Wikipedia
Software industry in the People's Republic of China — China s software industry grew at a compound annual growth rate of more than 39% over the period from 2001 to 2007 to reach RMB 506 billion and is further anticipated to grow at a CAGR of nearly 22% through 2012. Contents 1 Growth 2 Top Chinese… … Wikipedia
China International Copyright Expo — is an annual event that brings companies and organizations, both governmental and independent, to China to discuss various aspects of copyright and intellectual property rights (IPR). The Expo was first held in 2008 and was attended by experts… … Wikipedia
Industry of the People's Republic of China — Industry produced 53.7 percent of the People s Republic of China’s gross domestic product (GDP) in 2005. Industry (including mining, manufacturing, construction, and power) contributed 46.8 percent of GDP in 2010 and occupied 27 percent of the… … Wikipedia
China Wu Culture Expo Park — is located in Wuxi City, Jiangsu Province, China. In July 2008, the municipal CPC committee and Government of Wuxi decided to start this program. Not only does this park contain abundant remains of Wu Yue Culture, but also original agricultural… … Wikipedia
China Nepstar — Chain Drugstore Ltd. Type Public (NYSE: NPD) Industry Pharmacy, retail (drugs) Founded 1995 … Wikipedia
China Securities Regulatory Commission — CSRC redirects here. For other uses, see CSRC (disambiguation). China Securities Regulatory Commission 中国证券监督管理委员会 Agency overview Formed 1992 Jurisdiction People s Republic of China Headquarters … Wikipedia
China Internet Network Information Center — The China Internet Network Information Center (simplified Chinese: 中国互联网络信息中心; traditional Chinese: 中國互聯網絡信息中心; pinyin: Zhōngguó Hùlián Wǎngluò Xìnxī Zhōngxīn), or CNNIC, was founded as a non profit organization on June 3, 1997. CNNIC is the… … Wikipedia
China Council for the Promotion of International Trade — The China Council for the Promotion of International Trade (CCPIT simplified Chinese: 中国国际贸易促进委员会; traditional Chinese: 中國國際貿易促進委員會; pinyin: Zhōngguó Guójì Màoyì Cùjìn Wěiyuánhuì) is a trade body of the Chinese government founded in 1952. It also … Wikipedia
China Insurance Regulatory Commission — CIRC redirects here. For other uses, see CIRC (disambiguation). China Insurance Regulatory Commission 中国保险监督管理委员会 Agency overview Formed 1998 Jurisdiction National Headquarters Beijing Agency ex … Wikipedia