- Michael Luscombe
Luscombe began working for Woolworths in 1978 as a graduate trainee in the company's store at Mt. Buller in Victoria. He progressed through the company gradually, and became Victorian operations manager in 1990. In 1991, he became national manager for banking at ANZ. In 2004, he was appointed director of supermarkets and oversaw the company's takeover of more than 150 new stores.
In October 2006, Luscombe was announced as the new CEO of Woolworths Ltd.
On 4 April 2011, Michael Luscombe announced that he would be retiring as CEO of Woolworths Ltd in October.
- ^ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woolworths_Limited
- ^ Woolworths Limited - Management
- ^ Michael Luscombe - Prominent Monash Alumnus
- ^ Minding the store: Michael Luscombe on the Woolworths CEO role - CEO Forum Group
- ^ Business Spectator - Short changed by Woolies
- ^ Luscombe checks out at Woolies, with O'Brien to get top job
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.