- Manado International School
Manado International School Address Parkville Estate, Parklane Kav. B1-4, Jl. Walanda Maramis, Kolongan
North Sulawesi, Indonesia, 95371,
Coordinates Coordinates: Information School type Private Religious affiliation(s) Christian Established 2003 Founder Kornelius Foundation Director Billy Kumolontang, MBA. Principal Immanuel Touwelly (Middle and High) Principal Teresita Karundeng Sachez (ECP and Lower) Grades Early Childhood through Grade 12 Gender Coeducational Age range 2 to 18 years Enrolment >500 students for school year 2009-2010 Student to teacher ratio 25:1 Medium of language English Language English, Bahasa Indonesia Schedule 08:00AM to 16:10PM (Middle and High); 08:00AM to 14:30PM (ECP and Lower) Monday to Friday School Color(s) Gold █, Dark Blue █, and Maroon █ Website http://mis-mdo.sch.id/
Manado International School (MIS) is a private Christian institution which provides education from Kindergarten age (K1) to Senior High School (Grade 12). MIS was the first school in the region to be granted an international school license by the National Education Department as a school of international standard (Sekolah Berstandar International). All sections of MIS are accredited by the Badan Akreditasi Sekolah Nasional of Indonesia, with "A" (excellent) classifications.
Students enrolled at MIS come from countries such as Australia, Sweden, the Netherlands, the Philippines, Singapore, Japan, Germany, Papua New Guinea, Korea and Indonesia. All graduating students of Grade 6, 9 and 12 receive an MIS Diploma of Study from MIS International Standard exams, as well as choosing to take the National Examinations as a prerequisite to study in other Indonesian schools and universities. Several graduating students in grade 12 have also been accepted into overseas universities.
Manado International School (MIS) is located at Kolongan village (North Minahasa Regency, North Sulawesi Province) about 12 km. east of Manado and 30 km. west of Bitung, near residential areas as well as shopping centers and the international airport.
- Triangle shape, with an open book.
- Globe with a flame on top.
- Colors : gold, dark blue, maroon.
These shapes symbolize:
- the Book symbolizes the Bible as the foundation (Proverbs 2:20).
- the Globe symbolizes the quality of education.
- the Flame symbolizes the students that graduate from MIS.The red triangle symbolizes a torch handle, which represent the hope that good influence will be passed on.
- The Blue Triangle symbolizes the relation with God and other people.
- English as the medium of instruction in all on-campus linguistic interaction.
- Personalized classes with a maximum of 20 students
- Accident and life insurance coverage for each student.
- School buses to cover limited routes with designated pick-up and drop-off points.
- Showers for use after classes.
- Air-conditioned classrooms, music room, science laboratories, and a computer laboratory equipped with internet access, intranet connections and language teaching facilities.
- Wi-Fi hotspot for internet access on the campus.
- Outdoor facilities including a swimming pool, playground, adventure and sports field, basketball, tennis and volleyball courts.
- A gymnasium that provides space for badminton, table tennis, aerobics and fitness center.
- Full service cafeteria
- School clinic staffed with a nurse and an on-call doctor.
- Hall of Residence
The Residence Hall
The MIS Residence Hall provides the following facilities:
- Air-conditioned rooms, with spring bed, pillows, locker, study table
- Toiletries (soap, shampoo, toothpaste, toothbrush, tissue, towel)
- Laundry service
- Wi-Fi (hotspot) internet access
- Sport facilities
- Guest room
- Entertainment room
MIS integrates both the National Curriculum and an International Curriculum. English is used as the medium of instruction for all classes except for Bahasa Indonesia, PPKN and Mandarin. The Kindergarten (Early Childhood Program) uses the Developmental Approach, which focuses on the individual growth of each child and also uses English as the medium of instruction. Aside from the major subjects, MIS offers the following minor subjects: elective such as Information technology, Web Design, Programming; Music and Arts such as Piano, Violin, Guitar, Kolintang, Recorder, Band; Sports such as Futsal, Swimming, Soccer, Badminton, Basketball, Volley Ball; Extracurricular such as Cooking, Pathfinder, Driving; and Language such as Mandarin, Basic and Advanced English during class hours.
No. Grade levels Accreditation status 1. Kindergarten (ECP) Level K1 and K2
Accreditation No. 811.1/02/III-2002
2. Lower School (SD) Grade 1 to 6
Accreditation No. 811.1./03/III-2002
3. Middle School (SMP) Grade 7 to 9
Accreditation No. 421.4/270/III/2002
4. High School (SMA) Grade 10 to12
Accreditation No. 421.4/256/II.2002
New facilities and equipment
MIS has provided the following new facilities and equipment:
- Sport center that houses the basketball court, badminton court, volleyball court, tennis court and table tennis area (Olympic standard).
- Children's playground installed at the center of the school grounds.
- Musical instruments which includes two acoustic pianos, angklung set, kolintang set, and marching/concert band instruments.
- Additional physics and biology laboratory equipment.
- A larger collection of books and a better check-out system.
- Additional school buses and cars.
- MIS Hall of Residence for grade 7–12 students (boys and girls)
- School building and classes for the High School section.
- Computer laboratories.
- Multi-purpose Auditorium with 1500 seats capacity, with multimedia appliances, musical instruments, and theatrical stage.
- Cafeteria building.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
List of international schools — This is a list of international schools from around the world. Afghanistan * [http://iskafghan.org/index.htm QSI International School of Kabul] * [http://iskafghan.org/index.htm International School of Kabul (ISK)] Albania *Tirana International… … Wikipedia
Ngurah Rai International Airport — Bandar Udara Internasional Ngurah Rai IATA: DPS – ICAO: WADD formerly WRRR … Wikipedia
MIS — The abbreviation MIS may refer to: Miś ( Teddy Bear ), a 1980 Polish film directed by Stanisław Bareja mis, ISO 639 2 and ISO 639 3 three letter language code for uncoded languages Contents 1 Biology 2 Education 3 Information Technology … Wikipedia
List of Indonesia-related topics — This is a list of topics related to Indonesia. Those interested in the subject can monitor changes to the pages by clicking on Related changes ( alt k ) in the sidebar.This list can re read in conjunction with List of basic Indonesia topics… … Wikipedia
WHO Directory of Medical Schools — World Health Organization WHO Directory of Medical Schools by region and country.The World Health Organization Directory of Medical Schools and the Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research International Medical… … Wikipedia
Davao City — Davao redirects here. For other uses, see Davao (disambiguation). City of Davao Dakbayan sa Dabaw Lungsod ng Dabaw Highly Urbanized City … Wikipedia
De La Salle University (Indonesia) — Unika De La Salle Manado De La Salle University Manado Motto Religio Mores Cultura Established 2000 Type … Wikipedia
Zamboanga City — City of Zamboanga Ciudad de Zamboanga Chartered, Independent and Highly Urbanized City … Wikipedia
De La Salle University — Pamantasang De La Salle Motto Religio, Mores, Cultura Motto in English Religion, Morals, Culture Established 1911 … Wikipedia
Tegucigalpa — Municipio del Distrito Central Municipality of the Central District City Tegucigalpa, M.D.C … Wikipedia