- HMS Enterprise
Fifteen ships of the Royal Navy have been named HMS "Enterprise" or "HMS Enterprize", while another was planned:
* was a 24-gun
sixth-rate, previously the French frigate "L'Entreprise", captured in May 1705. She was wrecked in October 1707.
* was a 44-gun
fifth-ratelaunched in 1709. She underwent a Great Repair in 1718-19, was hulked in 1740 and fitted as a hospital ship in 1745 before being sold in 1749.
* HMS "Enterprise" was to have been a 44-gun fifth-rate. She was renamed HMS "Liverpool" five months before her launch in 1741.
* was an 8 gun sloop captured from the Spanish in 1743. She was employed solely in the Mediterranean as a despatch vessel and tender, and was sold in 1748 at Minorca.
* HMS "Enterprise" was a 48-gun fifth-rate launched in 1693 as HMS "Norwich". She was renamed HMS "Enterprise" in 1744 as a 44-gun fifth-rate and was broken up in 1771.
* was a 28-gun "Enterprise" class Sixth-rate frigate launched in August 1774, on harbour service from 1790 and broken up in 1807.
* was a 10-gun tender captured by the Americans in 1775.
* HMS "Enterprize" was a ship used for harbour service, launched in 1778 as HMS "Resource". "Resource" was rebuilt as a 22-gun floating battery in 1804, renamed HMS "Enterprize" in 1806 and sold in 1816.
* was a wood paddle gunvessel purchased in 1824 and in service until 1830.
* was a survey
slooplaunched in 1848, used as a coal hulk from 1860 and sold in 1903.
* HMS "Enterprise" was to have been a wood screw sloop. She was laid down in 1861, renamed HMS "Circassian" in 1862 but cancelled in 1863.
* was a ironclad sloop ordered as HMS "Circassian", but renamed in 1862. She was launched in 1864 and sold in 1884.
* was an "Emerald"-class
light cruiserlaunched in 1919 and sold in 1946.
* was an "Echo" class Inshore Survey ship launched on 1958 and sold in 1986.
* is an "Echo" class multi-role Survey Vessel (Hydrographic/Oceanographic) launched in 2002 and currently in service.
Four ships served with the Royal Navy were named "Enterprise" but were not commissioned warships and so are not entitled to the "HMS" ship prefix.
* "Enterprise", was a British East India Company's armed paddle steamer that served alongside the Fleet in the First China War from 1839 to 1840 and the
Second Burmese Warin 1852.
* "Enterprise", was an uncommissioned tugboat that was in service at Portsmouth Dockyard from 1899 to 1919 when she was renamed "Emprise". (She continued to serve until 1947.)
* "Enterprise", was an uncommissioned auxiliary patrol anti-submarine net drifter with Harwich Local Forces from 1914 to 1918.
* "Enterprise II", was an uncommissioned drifter, originally based at Larne but transferred to Italian waters in November 1915. In March 1916 she struck a naval mine off
Brindisiand sank with eight casualties.
*Ships named USS|Enterprise
*http://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/server/show/nav.1924 (Royal Navy History of HMS Enterprise)
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
HMS Enterprise — Den Namen HMS Enterprise (teilweise auch Enterprize) trugen bzw. tragen verschiedene britische Schiffe. Das Präfix HMS steht dabei für His/Her Majesty’s Ship und kennzeichnet das Schiff als Teil der britischen Royal Navy. Inhaltsverzeichnis 1… … Deutsch Wikipedia
HMS Enterprise — Пятнадцать кораблей Королевского флота носили название HMS Enterprise (или «Энтерпрайз»), еще один планировался, но отменен: HMS Enterprise 24 пушечный корабль шестого ранга, бывший французский фрегат L’Entreprise, захвачен в мае 1705. Разбился в … Википедия
HMS Enterprise — Pour les articles homonymes, voir Enterprise. Cette page d’homonymie répertorie les différents sujets et articles partageant un même nom. Dix navires de la Royal Navy ont été nommés HMS Enterprise ou HMS Enterprize. Le Entreprise de 24 canons,… … Wikipédia en Français
HMS Enterprise (D52) — was one of two Emerald class light cruisers of the Royal Navy. She was built by John Brown Shipbuilding Engineering Company Ltd., with the keel being laid down on 28 June 1918. She was launched on 23 December 1919, and commissioned 7 April 1926.… … Wikipedia
HMS Enterprise (H88) — HMS Enterprise (H88), the tenth ship to bear this name, is a multi role Survey Vessel Hydrographic Oceanographic (SVHO) of the Royal Navy. She has a sister ship, Echo .Built by Appledore Shipbuilders under the prime contractor Vosper Thornycroft … Wikipedia
HMS Enterprise (1705) — HMS Enterprise (sometimes spelled Enterprize ) was a 24 gun sixth rate frigate of the Royal Navy, originally the French frigate L Entreprise before her capture by HMS|Tryton|1702|6 in May 1705.She served in the Mediterranean Sea under the command … Wikipedia
HMS Enterprise (1848) — У этого термина существуют и другие значения, см. HMS Enterprise. HMS Enterprise … Википедия
HMS Enterprise (1705) — Laufbahn Bauwerft: Auf Kiel gelegt: Stapellauf: Indienststellung: erbeutet … Deutsch Wikipedia
HMS Enterprise (1848) — Pour les articles homonymes, voir HMS Enterprise. Les HMS Enterprise (à gauche) et Investigator (à … Wikipédia en Français
HMS Enterprise (A71) — The ninth HMS Enterprise (A 71) of the Royal Navy was an Echo class inshore survey ship built by M.W. Blackmore Sons of Bideford and commissioned in 1959.With her sister ships Echo and Egeria , Enterprise s career was spent in hydrographic… … Wikipedia