noun Date: 1946 foldout; especially one with a single fold that opens out like a gate

New Collegiate Dictionary. 2001.

Look at other dictionaries:

  • gatefold — gate‧fold [ˈgeɪtfəʊld ǁ foʊld] adjective [only before a noun] a gatefold page in a book or magazine is bigger than the other pages, with the edges folded to the middle so that it can be opened out. Gatefold pages are used for large pictures,… …   Financial and business terms

  • gatefold — ► NOUN ▪ an oversized page in a book or magazine folded to the same size as the other pages but intended to be opened out for reading …   English terms dictionary

  • gatefold — ☆ gatefold [gāt′fōld΄ ] n. a page larger than the others in a magazine or book, bound so it can be unfolded and opened out like a gate …   English World dictionary

  • Gatefold — A gatefold is a type of fold used for advertising around a magazine or section, and for packaging of media such as vinyl records. LP covers A gatefold cover or gatefold LP is a form of packaging for LP records which became popular in the mid… …   Wikipedia

  • Gatefold — Gate|fold 〈[gɛıtfoʊld] n. 15〉 größerformatige Seite in Zeitschriften u. Büchern (z. B. Poster, Schaubild), die auf das eigtl. Buchformat zurechtgefaltet wird [<engl. gate... „Klapp...“ + fold „Faltung, Faltblatt“] * * * Gate|fold [ geɪtfoʊld] …   Universal-Lexikon

  • gatefold — noun Gatefold is used before these nouns: ↑sleeve …   Collocations dictionary

  • gatefold — /gayt fohld /, n. Print. foldout (def. 1). [1960 65; GATE1 + FOLD1] * * * …   Universalium

  • gatefold — noun An overlarge page that is folded into a book or magazine; a foldout …   Wiktionary

  • Gatefold — Gate|fold 〈[gɛıtfoʊld] n.; Gen.: s, Pl.: s〉 großformatige Seite in Zeitschriften u. Büchern (z. B. Poster, Schaubild usw.), die auf das eigtl. Buchformat zurechtgefaltet wird [Etym.: <engl. gate… »Klapp…« + fold »Faltung, Faltblatt«] …   Lexikalische Deutsches Wörterbuch

  • Gatefold — Gate|fold [...fould] das; s, s <aus gleichbed. engl. gate fold zu gate »Klappe, beweglicher Rahmen« u. fold »Faltung, Falz«> Seite in einem Buch, einer Zeitschrift o. Ä., die größer ist als die anderen u. daher in die passende Form gefaltet …   Das große Fremdwörterbuch

Share the article and excerpts

Direct link
Do a right-click on the link above
and select “Copy Link”